PDA

View Full Version : Shaw Sales Position

Marsh
04-25-2004, 10:06 AM
Hey guys i need your help

I'm going for this sales job with Shaw Cable, I have work experience but nothing in retail type stuff. I really need to make my resume look outstanding or at least look more than just your average resume. If anybody has any ideas or suggestions, or even if you regularly look at resumes for your work, please let me know what makes the resume awesome!
And, what do you guys personally do thats different/noticeable on your resumes?

Thanks in advance,
Marsh

RiCE-DaDDy
04-25-2004, 10:20 AM
Your focusing on the wrong thing. Yes, making your resume look good is important but everyone and their dog can do that. But more importantly is the cover letter. And later, if u get one, the interview.

www.resumetutor.com

there's many others just google it.

xDiMSuMx
04-25-2004, 10:45 AM
i work at Surftime selling Shaw products and services
is that kinda like what you're applying for or is it directly for Shaw?

Marsh
04-25-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by xDiMSuMx
i work at Surftime selling Shaw products and services
is that kinda like what you're applying for or is it directly for Shaw?
yeah thats what im going for, surftime the one in chinook

xDiMSuMx
04-25-2004, 11:33 AM
that's the one i work at..
they're probably tryin to get rid of me lol

i don't really know what to tell you about the resume thing.. they really like sales experience there or just anything dealing with customers

the manager's a really cool guy
he told me it usually takes 5 months for someone to get hired there because he has to send off the resumes to other people for them to make the final decision
took me about 3 months so i guess i was lucky haha

Marsh
04-25-2004, 01:03 PM
haha don't worry i dont think their trying to get rid of you

I don't have experience in the kind of retail sense but I do have alot of customer experience, I mean im sure it'll count for something. I really want to work there.

Yeah thats what he told me too it'll take quite some time for the suits to read the resume and whatnot

managers name is Omid right?

Ducati
04-25-2004, 01:20 PM
Shaw has a "Sales Team" of sorts going around the Lower Mainland here knocking on doors, asking to come in to "check out your connections" and to "look at the Box" which is usually outside. These guys/girls are not so much "Sales" as 'Corporate Saboteurs" and Rats, because what they are doing is checking to see if you have more TV's hooked up with splitters, and then disabling your ability to do that with this special little tool that they have which makes the "adjustment" at your input box, that connects the wire from the pole to the house.

They also have the ability to fuck up people with satellite service thru Bell Expressvue, too. They gather info on who has satellite, and then have their managers target you with manipulative marketing and hollow promises, while their legal department harasses CRTC into capitulating into their bogus assertion thar satellite is actually being carried by Their signal. If they do take your satellite sender, they will never give it back to you.

Never let these bastards into your house. Sic the dogs on them. They are not there to do you a favour. Shaw is equally as deceptive as Canadian Tire; maybe worse.

Marsh
04-25-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Ducati
Shaw has a "Sales Team" of sorts going around the Lower Mainland here knocking on doors, asking to come in to "check out your connections" and to "look at the Box" which is usually outside. These guys/girls are not so much "Sales" as 'Corporate Saboteurs" and Rats, because what they are doing is checking to see if you have more TV's hooked up with splitters, and then disabling your ability to do that with this special little tool that they have which makes the "adjustment" at your input box, that connects the wire from the pole to the house.

They also have the ability to fuck up people with satellite service thru Bell Expressvue, too. They gather info on who has satellite, and then have their managers target you with manipulative marketing and hollow promises, while their legal department harasses CRTC into capitulating into their bogus assertion thar satellite is actually being carried by Their signal. If they do take your satellite sender, they will never give it back to you.

Never let these bastards into your house. Sic the dogs on them. They are not there to do you a favour. Shaw is equally as deceptive as Canadian Tire; maybe worse.

I hear ya man some fuckers like that came to my house too they were like we are here to check your tv connections and then i said i didn't call anybody to check it out my shit is fine and slammed the door in their face. I hate those fucks

I won't be doing anything like that though...just a nice job in the mall(if i get it):D

xDiMSuMx
04-25-2004, 04:49 PM
yea the manager's name is Omid

not too sure if they're hiring or not right now because it's only 1 person per shift and we're only getting 2-3 shifts per week

good luck with it though
the job's cool, i just sit on beyond all day or watch the playoffs haha