PDA

View Full Version : Integra Antenna

macdaddy
04-25-2004, 12:58 PM
I own a '97 Integra and when you use the CD/Radio the antenna always comes up. This is a pain in the winter when all the crap on the roads gets all over the antenna, which I am not even using if I am listening to a CD. I thought I might be able to solve this if I unplug the antenna motor, but am not sure if this is a good idea. I want the antenna to work if I listen to the radio, just not extend up. I realize the reception won't be as good, but thats no big deal. If unplugging the motor will work, please let me know how I do this. Thanks

- Sean

ryder_23
04-25-2004, 01:07 PM
Yes, it should work. My antenna motor isnt plugged in in my car, and it works fine for me :thumbsup:

macdaddy
04-25-2004, 01:20 PM
I have never looked behind that panel, and dont have my car right now cuz it's in the shop, But is there just a harness I unplug?

hendosa
04-25-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by macdaddy
I have never looked behind that panel, and dont have my car right now cuz it's in the shop, But is there just a harness I unplug? That was the case with my car... but it is an oldsmobile:dunno:

EarthWake_Audio
04-25-2004, 02:25 PM
unplug it, nothing bad will happen, it just will not activate the motor....thats all