PDA

View Full Version : Stock 2004 WRX STI vs. Lightly Modded 92 MustangGt

ItalianKilla
04-25-2004, 06:06 PM
From a 40 mph roll of course! First time shottn video so its a little ruff.......

http://home.insightbb.com/~pcworks/Stangs4Ever.wmv

Brand New WRX Sti: Stock

92 Stang Mods: GT 40 IronHeads, 3.73 gears,intake, full exhaust,pulleys

The Stang pulled half a car length from the jump then it pretty much stayd the same.

Chester
04-25-2004, 06:37 PM
it didnt even look like they had an even start, it looks like the mustang was ahead before they even started:dunno:

GingeRRRBeef
04-25-2004, 06:38 PM
I'm sure if they had started from a dead stop it would have been a different story

Fluidic
04-25-2004, 11:14 PM
I hate these kind of videos -- like honestly -- WOW!!!

It's taken at night, so you can barely see and the Mustang guy had the advantage -- if you need me to explain why, then you're a goof. :rofl:

JAYMEZ
04-25-2004, 11:40 PM
didnt really show who won at all lol :dunno:

ryder_23
04-25-2004, 11:46 PM
another high quality video, showing who has the faster car....:thumbsdow

ItalianKilla
04-26-2004, 03:26 PM
like i said befor nubs.....this is the first time doin this with a new video camera!

-------->they did start side by side and got on it at the same time! its hard to tell because we wer to close and the camera was movin back n forth!
The funny thing is that the 32K$ car couldn't even pull away.
Only thing that car has goin for it is the AWD,plain n simple!

1badPT
04-26-2004, 03:39 PM
The Scuby has a lot more than that going for it. :rolleyes:

Even though I'm a fan of domestics before imports usually, I can honestly say that I'll give props to a car/manufacturer/tuner where its due, whether the car is an import or domestic.

GingeRRRBeef
04-26-2004, 03:41 PM
ahhhh stupid n00bs

only thing that car has going for it is the AWD? :thumbsdow how bout you take those two cars to the track and we'll see who comes out of top?

I'll take the STI over the rustang anyday thank you very much

hatetank
04-26-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by ItalianKilla

The funny thing is that the 32K$ car couldn't even pull away.
Only thing that car has goin for it is the AWD,plain n simple!

bahahahahaha - all a STi has going for it is AWD? are you drunk?

TypeS
04-26-2004, 03:53 PM
everyone who watched that video knows if it were a standing start the stang would be dogmeat....but the video DOES display what would happen if it were NOT a standing start, which is also important. Each car can have a weakspot and stand out in others....AWD is awsome for launch, but adds weight....that's just the way it is.

p.s. go soob!

GingeRRRBeef
04-26-2004, 04:00 PM
you can mod any car to beat any other car ... by saying only AWD is what the STI's got is pure ignorance.

so what if your 9 sec turbo'd K car beat my Carrera GT, you're still driving an ugly k car

ItalianKilla
04-26-2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV you can mod any car to beat any other car ...

u said it PAL! iv got a blown 91 stang that runs high 10's but that doesnt mean its the badest thing on the road! Im just tryn to say i wasnt to impressd when I did a kick down on the highway with the STI when i drove the car myself! It did handle and brake like no othr! Maybe the STI needs to be broke in or somethin...........I HOPE! It only had 600 miles on it................:poosie:

googe
04-28-2004, 01:57 AM
ItalianKilla is fired

bombprelude
04-28-2004, 11:07 AM
What are the mods on the stang?? pulleys...like charger pulleys??? or like underdrive pulleys??