PDA

View Full Version : what project should I do?

BBMac
04-25-2004, 10:50 PM
Hey guys, been thinking a lot about what project I want to tackle next and I have it narrowed down to two. kepp in mind the budget is pretty good as this project will probably take me three years to finance. of the two what do you guys think?

Project 1:
buy a first gen rx-7 and do a 13bT swap. keep in mind that I will try to find a tII parts car so I can get most if not all the goodies.

project 2:
an early 80's mini and throw a b16 in it and restor it from the ground up.

I have done a lot of research into both so I know that there is going to be a lot of blood,sweat and tears involved with both and am willing to spend money where I have to. this is not intended to be a super low budget even. I'm not talking 20,000 dollars but about a 10,000 dollar budget give or take a few grand. let me know what you think. I am completely on the fence on this one!!
brydon

ZorroAMG
04-25-2004, 11:33 PM
Did they even make mini's in the 80's?? :dunno:

hjr
04-25-2004, 11:40 PM
mini's were made into the 90's. I think the mini would be far cooler, but from what i understand its not even close to an easy feat to swap in a b16. there was a b16 mini in grassroots motorsports or european car or someting this or last month. they had to widen the front end by a few inches or something. crazy.

the 1st gen RX7 with a 13bT will have more potential and most likely will be faster, but i dont think it would be as cool.

Thats my opinion.

Chrisw
04-25-2004, 11:48 PM
well I would put both of those aside a redo an E30 M3. That is a car you could love until you die.....and if not an M3....take a lower modle and see what engine swap you can do.....along with the restoration........:thumbsup:

BBMac
04-26-2004, 12:15 AM
nah no beemer for me. the b16 is no easy feat at all! fuckin tough thats why it would be over 3 years or whatever it takes. I'm actually beging to sway to the mini

WGR4Pussies
04-26-2004, 12:28 AM
you have any websites that show people putting a honda engine in a mini, I'm really looking.

jdms13rhd
04-27-2004, 12:35 AM
My friend is hard core about the mini and the b16 swap. You want the new school mini or the old school mini? I will ask him and im sure he would know what you got to do and who you could talk to.

BTW mini with b16 is awsome

el_fefes
04-27-2004, 01:07 AM
dude go with the mini...that's not something you see everyday it would be an awesome sleeper

BBMac
04-27-2004, 06:58 PM
an early 80's mini. any more info would be great. I have lots of sites that I know about but don't know how to set up a link. just do some mad searching thats how I found all of mine.