PDA

View Full Version : Camaro Cop Car

GTMustang17
04-26-2004, 02:26 PM
Where I live, the cops have an all black under cover Camaro Z28 with pitch black window tint. They drive around and get people to race them. THEN... they turn on their lights and bust them for racing. Isn't that illegal or something? Entrapment?

WGR4Pussies
04-26-2004, 02:34 PM
I would think it's entrapment, espicially if they are like "race me"

you could argue that you knew it was a cop and you were obeying his orders:rofl: :rofl:

Wildcat
04-26-2004, 02:35 PM
its only entrapment if the cop nags them on (like if the cop reved his engine first, or hand gestures/ taunting). if you just pull up to it and decide to street race, its your own damn fault.

403Gemini
04-26-2004, 02:43 PM
well if your
a.) stupid enough to race a camaro
b.) stupid enough to street race

you deserve a ticket, suck it up

GTMustang17
04-26-2004, 02:47 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

ZorroAMG
04-26-2004, 02:56 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

euro tang
04-26-2004, 02:59 PM

QuasarCav
04-26-2004, 03:00 PM
the cop cant point his gun and say "race me or die" or thats entrapment.

If you are ripping through the good ol' US of A and you feel the need to string out your 5.0 than you are going to get busted.

PS: i wouldn't try a 6spd camaro in your 5.0 or you will be.......

OWNED

GTMustang17
04-26-2004, 03:03 PM

GTMustang17
04-26-2004, 03:05 PM
Lol Quasar... very true about the 6-speed. It has a corvette motor too. I would definitely be owned.

403Gemini
04-26-2004, 03:09 PM

GTMustang17
04-26-2004, 03:19 PM
Well, as long as you are playing the "whoever said..." game:

Whoever said there wasn't a Saturn that could beat my car? I never said I had the fastest car in the world.

You act like a Camaro has very high unattainable speeds that no other car could ever handle or something. You made it sound like racing a Camaro is the most foolish thing anyone could ever do because they don't have any chance of winning.

About whining.... Look back to where I said "I was just wondering...." AGAIN, for the record, I never raced the Camaro, or even thought about it. I don't street race and am not whining. I was simply asking, IS IT LEGAL FOR COPS TO REV THEIR ENGINES FOR SOMEONE TO RACE, THEN BUST THEM?

QuasarCav
04-26-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by GTMustang17
Lol Quasar... very true about the 6-speed. It has a corvette motor too. I would definitely be owned.

haha, i tried with my cavalier once. I just had to I dont know why.
I'm surpised the guy even punched it.

all i heard was the squeel into second and he was gone.

Hollywood
04-26-2004, 03:21 PM
Nothing wrong with saturns, camaros, or mustangs, the only thing that is wrong is when a cop is trying to screw you in one.

GTMustang17
04-26-2004, 03:23 PM
Good call.

403Gemini
04-26-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by GTMustang17
Well, as long as you are playing the "whoever said..." game:

Whoever said there wasn't a Saturn that could beat my car? I never said I had the fastest car in the world.

You act like a Camaro has very high unattainable speeds that no other car could ever handle or something. You made it sound like racing a Camaro is the most foolish thing anyone could ever do because they don't have any chance of winning.

About whining.... Look back to where I said "I was just wondering...." AGAIN, for the record, I never raced the Camaro, or even thought about it. I don't street race and am not whining. I was simply asking, IS IT LEGAL FOR COPS TO REV THEIR ENGINES FOR SOMEONE TO RACE, THEN BUST THEM?

Someone get this guy a straight jacket.

if they rev their engine im pretty sure it is illegal, they cant incite the race but if you rev your engine first and they look over and you squeel your tires off the line then they can pull ya over.

and also im not saying your stang is slow, i love stangs ;) and the camaro's i was talkin about is the 6 speed ones, very hard to beat one of those in a race. didnt mean to offend you or anything with my 1st original post in this thread, truce?

also why did everybody get one of these:

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).
nothing wrong with what any of us were saying, just a mild misunderstanding

oh well lets keep the peace :D

GTMustang17
04-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Hey no hard feelings man. Around here, "owned" is really just a joke, and isn't taken seriosuly at all. I just should have realized I was stepping into a broader realm. Anyway, everyone can be very defensive about their cars, especially me. Actually... I really like Saturns. I drive them all the time at the car lot I work at. I was considering getting an Ion Red Line for "commuting" when I get stationed for the Marines. I don't know how they are on gas though. Truce.

QuasarCav
04-26-2004, 03:33 PM
Whoa, I think this is the first thread i have seen where the shit ahs been worked out. Well without resorting to a 3 page flame war about mustangs and saturns.
:thumbsup:

403Gemini
04-26-2004, 03:38 PM
fightin on the internet is like competing in the special olympics, even if you win your still retarded, and im pretty easy to meet a neutral ground with (when im not being a dink or hardheaded lol)

but yea i have repsect for pretty much every vehicle out there, from j-bodies to ferraris i think everything can be done up tastefully

GTMustang17
04-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Haha... that is hilarious.

hjr
04-26-2004, 06:17 PM
wow, back to the topic at hand. I think they are "pricing themeselves out" of the street racing market so to speak. Granted a few retarded highschool ricers may try and race him but i give most ricers enough credit to know they wont beat a ss or whatever. So who are they really trying to catch?

i think they should have a gayed up eg or something and race people in that. may not win but who cares, most logical people will stop when they see the cherries. (cant outrun a motorola)

GTMustang17
04-27-2004, 02:52 PM
True... Very true. I have seen him catch two other Camaros before, and one Trans Am... but those are the only ones I have actually seen. Others I just heard about.

szkal
05-20-2004, 08:22 PM
i live in chicago, and i was talking to one of the cops, in this place called dog stop. Anyways i asked h im about that, and he said that the cop has to show you his badge, otherwise he cannot pull you over if he races you. Even if he shows you his badge after the race, he cant do shit, beacuse he has to show it to you before the race ;)

ChiNoah
06-03-2004, 10:08 PM
Hey wait, my friend has a 93-94 z28, that has a Corvette engine? No doubt it rips and makes you nauseaus (sp) riding shotgun for an hour on the highway, but i never knew about what it had.