PDA

View Full Version : Tint

EnRich
04-26-2004, 06:29 PM
I'm getting a tint job done on my car, finally... I'm going to be getting it done on Thurs, with Shadow Tint, everyone seems to rave about them... Their a little expensive, 249.00 for 7 Windows, but than again cheap is not good, good is not cheap... I'm debating going 35% or 50%... I was thinking the lighter of the two, What do you guys think...??? 50% is the lighter one, correct me if I'm wrong... Heres the car its goin on, sure most of you seen it already....

ZorroAMG
04-26-2004, 06:38 PM
I'm a big fan of lightly smoked on a black/dark car. Looks nice and helps to avoid the "mafia/get yo ass pulled over lots" look....

Here's mine with the least light blocking (35% I believe)
http://homepage.mac.com/zorroamg1/.Pictures/Enzo/009.jpg

hjr
04-26-2004, 06:41 PM
go with 35% for sure. My mom just got it on her black jetta wagon. Totally changes the appearance of the car. :thumbsup: to 35%

CKY
04-26-2004, 06:47 PM
i thought 35% was the lighter one?? how does this work, is it 35% blocked or 35% going through the windows?

Moe Man
04-26-2004, 09:12 PM
for me i like the dark limo tint

VWhooligan
04-26-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by CKY
i thought 35% was the lighter one?? how does this work, is it 35% blocked or 35% going through the windows?

35% would be the darker one.

its 35% light gets through.

Orbie
04-26-2004, 09:33 PM
You have to tint that Accord man, it's a dark car and it's just asking for it. The hard call is, you have to balance what you think would look best front to back. Keep in mind that tinting any of the front three windows in Alberta is illegal. So if your planning on tinting the front keep it as light as possible (50% max). On the other hand if you just decide to do the back, if you go too dark, it might look funny with such a large transition from light to dark.

I have an Accord Coupe with 20% rear, it's pretty dark but still not nearly as dark as the 5% limo tint. I think it looks fine with not having any tint on the front three, some people might disagree. First thing I noticed was how hard it was to see cars out my back window at night, so I'm glad I didn't touch the front three windows. On the other hand with the large rear windows on my car, my rear seat leather would be cooked by now if I didn't. For your car IMO I would go 35% back and leave the rest, Good Luck!

Also, isn't the 7th window (your moonroof) already tinted to 20%? mine was when I bought my car. Just wondering why you would pay them to tint it lighter? that window should have heavy tint, since it's the most exposed to sunlight and thus the best entry point for UV rays into your car.

EnRich
04-26-2004, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the replies guys... The only reason I wanted to go light, is because I know that cars gonna eb heat score for the cops, lightly tinted windows, I'm thinking they might just let it go... I will definatly be tinting all the windows... Its 7 windows, not including sunroof which is already tinted... Keep in mind that the rear passenger windows have two windows, one main, and the little triangle ones, which need to be tinted individually... THANKS FOR INPUT, keep it coming, this is gonna be right down to the wire, I'll post pics, Sunday at the latest...

ZorroAMG
04-27-2004, 12:37 AM
lightest tint available looks best on black...(I thought 35% meant blocks 35% of the light but I could be wrong, just do the lightest at shadow tint, that's what I got (the good stuff, not the cheap brand tint either..)

Ben
04-27-2004, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
lightest tint available looks best on black...(I thought 35% meant blocks 35% of the light but I could be wrong, just do the lightest at shadow tint, that's what I got (the good stuff, not the cheap brand tint either..)

35% = 35% of the light makes it through.

I agree with the light tint on dark cars. :thumbsup:

Xtrema
04-27-2004, 02:11 PM
35% on my Alty. No trouble with pigs yet and I do see a lot of 30-35% fronts in town. So unless the cop is picky while you got stop for something else, you should be fine. But I won't go lower than 35% in the front for safety reasons.

As for the back, I like to keep it the same for a unified look. You can go darker but I find 35% is enough to give me trouble backing out at night if street light ain't bright.

50% is pointless. That's too light. Don't waste your money.