PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Robbins

max_boost
04-26-2004, 07:02 PM
aka Tony Robbins, the man who lead others to believe in themselves, walked on firery coal etc.

Is he a scam for telling people what they already should know? Or is he smart for taking advantage of it? Or am I sucker for buying his book? I was bored and picked up a copy of "Unlimited Power". I find his stuff very inspirational, just curious if anyone else reads these "Self Help" type books?:dunno:

Toma
04-26-2004, 07:10 PM
I downloaded his whole CD set from Kazaa. Its great stuff. You can never "hear" to much good stuff with all the negativity around us.

I also enjoyed Jim Rohn, Dennis Waitley, Zig Ziggler, Earl Nightingale etc....

Dope Dealer
04-26-2004, 09:21 PM
Sam,

Listen to Personal Power II and Get The Edge...

American_Cheez
04-27-2004, 11:01 AM
Anthony Robbins is a meglomaniac queer and im not sure why anyone would purchase his material. If i could punch him in the mouth i absolutely would.

hatetank
04-27-2004, 11:17 AM
I have his tapes and a couple books - highly motivated and successful person.

Problem is: HE DOES NOT TELL YOU HOW TO DO ANYTHING.

403Gemini
04-27-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by American_Cheez
Anthony Robbins is a meglomaniac queer and im not sure why anyone would purchase his material. If i could punch him in the mouth i absolutely would.

then hed hit you back with his mosnter hands

inspirational speakers are great cause when you feel like absolute shit you can listen to it, relate a bit and be like "hey its not that bad"

id buy a book but not like a dvd set or something ;) just dl that shit!

Khyron
04-27-2004, 11:47 AM
If you feel you need that sort of thing, he is a very good speaker. A few friends love his stuff, now whether it helps their lives or not I can't say.

I would try it if I was having esteem issues or something.

Khyron

sputnik
04-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

:rofl:

only after he knocks the ladder out from under him... robbins is a giant

sexualbanana
04-28-2004, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Haha. In Shallow Hal "Hey watch it banana hands!!"

SI-vic
04-28-2004, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Haha. In Shallow Hal "Hey watch it banana hands!!"

damn you got to it first...
haha that movie is hillarious!!

WGR4Pussies
04-28-2004, 12:34 PM
my dad bought the get the edge set or whatever, the guy kinda talk down to you like your a moron(i think) but my dad never listens to them.

three.eighteen.
04-28-2004, 10:59 PM
its all the same crap, once youve heard one motivational speech they all do the same thing, give you that tingly, positive "i can do stuff", empowered feeling...but listening to more of it does cause that feeling to be more often = a more productive positive person...its all NLP

BigMass
04-29-2004, 08:39 AM
Hippie, yuppie bullshit for today's weak-minded and brainwashed society.

GTS Jeff
04-29-2004, 08:47 AM
tony robbins is good at motivational speaking, but firewalking is bullshit. theres articles everywhere that explain how it works with science.

Originally posted by BigMass
Hippie, yuppie bullshit for today's weak-minded and brainwashed society. that statement is ignorant on so many levels. :rolleyes: what the fuck would u know of "today's weak-minded and brainwashed society"?

RiCE-DaDDy
04-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
tony robbins is good at motivational speaking, but firewalking is bullshit. theres articles everywhere that explain how it works with science.

that statement is ignorant on so many levels. :rolleyes: what the fuck would u know of "today's weak-minded and brainwashed society"?

isnt it obvious? he is one! and with that tone i'd say he's having some self-esteem issues.

BigMass, maybe you need to listen to Tony ;)

BigMass
04-29-2004, 01:47 PM
im putting an order in for his DVDs right now