PDA

View Full Version : Teachers writing exams for other teachers?? HELP....

nismodrifter
04-26-2004, 10:45 PM
shit...I've heard rumors going around that for my math 253 test.

My teacher is Nikolev....and his shit is usually easy...however, he gave us a sample practise exam to do and it is HARD as hell...as if he didn't even make it (ie...the questions are WAY harder than anything he has ever given us) This has made a TON of people in our class think that ANOTHER teacher is making the test for him because our class average is too high.

is this possible??? is it common for another teacher to make a final for a certain teachers class? wouldn't that be like totally unfair since we are used to the questions asked by our teacher and not the other teacher???

any input is appreciated.....final is at 12 tomorrow and now I am freaking out after people told me this shit

ZorroAMG
04-26-2004, 10:48 PM
Doubtful another teacher made the entire exam, Igat0r. Teahers have a large question bank (exactly what it sounds like) to choose the questions they wish to use, and will use these in conjunction with stuff they write, to fill up the test. Be prepared for a bit of both...

Hope that helps..

Weapon_R
04-26-2004, 10:54 PM
Such is life. Be prepared for all of the surprises that come along with attending university. Welcome :)

nismodrifter
04-26-2004, 10:58 PM
weapon r: why you have to make it sound so bad lol :guns: :D

I have reason to be shittin my pants....our teacher only went over the simple shit...and he expected us to know that only for the midterm and quizzes. If this exam is made by a different teacher then the questions are 1million times harder......which makes me = pwn3d!

Weapon_R
04-26-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
weapon r: why you have to make it sound so bad lol :guns: :D

Cause you make me look bad with your pre-final marks...damn Math 251/253...worst two classes of my life. :banghead:

nismodrifter
04-26-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Cause you make me look bad with your pre-final marks...damn Math 251/253...worst two classes of my life. :banghead:

:werd: I can't believe I got so lucky in 253....but it could ALL end tomorrow if this exam is pwnage material (the victim beiing ME in this case..)

I managed a B in 251 and am HOPEFULLY on the way to a minimum A- in 253.....but that ALL depends on this stupid final tomorrow :(

Khyron
04-26-2004, 11:17 PM
When I was there, one teacher wrote the final and all the classes used that same final to give some consistancy to the course. Otherwise everyone would be flocking to the "easy" prof.

Khyron

rc2002
04-27-2004, 09:21 AM
You gotta be careful when the quizzes and midterms are easy because it usually means that everyone gets raped on the finals... Maybe your class has been too easy and the prof needs to lower some grades?

Mckenzie
04-27-2004, 10:07 AM
That is the problem with any math course....they always teach you the easy shit and when you sail through the first few homework questions and neglect the rest, you are in for a big surprise when they put those on the exam.

My 249 final was easy but the midterm was hard. I ended up with an A- after getting only 75% on the midterm.

I suggest you go see your TA and go over the hard stuff. Dont panic....just work though it with the teacher or TA and it will be fine. I dont think they are going to be putting stuff on their that was not taught in the course.

Good Luck! :)

nismodrifter
04-27-2004, 10:38 AM
final is in an hour and a half :) I studied my @ss off....I know all the examples that the teacher went over in class and most of the theory behind them.....i'll let you guys know whether I am a victim of a pwning today or not :D

403Gemini
04-27-2004, 11:51 AM
if all diff classes are getting the same exam (liek same class diff teachers) teachers put in their share of input. so there may be like 20% of the questions on his test done from your teacher, another 20 from another, 20 from another etc etc

bit-inc
05-04-2004, 12:53 PM
I don't get how people can fail math 249/251/253/ and 211 or 221
they are the easiest courses I took at the University. No matter what prof you get.

Frostiex
05-04-2004, 03:23 PM
Finals are usually discussed between the other professors and see which one they use....but its unlikely that one teacher does the entire final......

stockEK
05-04-2004, 04:48 PM
Umm, most courses get progressivley harder. You learn the basic concepts first, by themselves, then you start combining and applying...

Sounds like a typical HS to post secondary shock.