PDA

View Full Version : Anthem at Game 3

BebeAphrodite
04-27-2004, 07:15 PM
OMG... who is this girl singing? She's so crappy... Asian Idol Reject??

colinderksen
04-27-2004, 08:46 PM
better than the guy at the montreal game, he had the lyrics to the american anthem that he as reading off a piece of paper. :banghead:

BebeAphrodite
04-27-2004, 09:06 PM
HA HA HA
where do they find these ppl?

cocoabrova
04-27-2004, 09:11 PM
At least she was better than Jann Arden....

sexualbanana
04-27-2004, 10:11 PM
She sings at practically every Flames game

Impreza
04-27-2004, 10:17 PM
doesnt that fat guy, Tony something, sing at the flames games?

Mckenzie
04-27-2004, 10:20 PM
She looked like a world pop star compared to Jann Arden and that guy that sang the anthem at the Montreal game tonight.....that guy was brutal, but Jann Arden sounded like ass.

rc2002
04-27-2004, 10:30 PM
Did anyone see the paper this morning? Jann Arden actually apologized for wrecking the national anthem...

Weapon_R
04-27-2004, 10:36 PM
does anyone have a soundclip :D

88CRX
04-27-2004, 10:37 PM
whos gives a fuck..... i go to watch hockey.... not like you can hear it anyways :rolleyes:

FLAMES WIN FLAMES WIN FLAMES WN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

davidI
04-27-2004, 10:39 PM
It sounded good from where I was. She was chillin right next to my seat before she went out and sang.

bigboom
04-27-2004, 10:40 PM
i dont blame jann...i was at the game 6 and believe me you could not hear her at all over the crowd it was insanely loud.

kiwi
04-27-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Did anyone see the paper this morning? Jann Arden actually apologized for wrecking the national anthem...

:eek: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RiCE-DaDDy
04-27-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel

She's not that bad,geez

I think anthems are pointless now anyways

Dave P
04-27-2004, 11:44 PM
Im glad calgary fans showed their respect for the american anthem, unlike those fuckin montreal fags

MYKN
04-27-2004, 11:48 PM
Th asian girl singing as been with the flames for years.. she sings all at of the games in the playoffs cept game 6...and in regular season she alternates with another fellow.

infamous
04-27-2004, 11:51 PM
hahaha yeah....i didn't find her that bad. and i read the paper this morning. what a bitch to write in and complain about her singing. if she thinks that she can do any better, than she should apply for the fucking job! :thumbsup:

AquamosH
04-28-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by infamous
hahaha yeah....i didn't find her that bad. and i read the paper this morning. what a bitch to write in and complain about her singing. if she thinks that she can do any better, than she should apply for the fucking job! :thumbsup:

I heard that Jann actually called and apologized to her personally as well.

BebeAphrodite
04-28-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

herald or the sun?

ZorroAMG
04-28-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by MYKN
Th asian girl singing as been with the flames for years.. she sings all at of the games in the playoffs cept game 6...and in regular season she alternates with another fellow.

Oh really, well you'd think she'd have those two simple songs down pat by now and not be off key then huh? She sucked, Jann sucked, they are an embarassment to canadian vocal talent.

oh BTW, GO FLAMES GO!!!!

RiCE-DaDDy
04-28-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Dave P
Im glad calgary fans showed their respect for the american anthem, unlike those fuckin montreal fags

*pssst* ... they're french:D

sexualbanana
04-28-2004, 12:28 AM
I find those remarks racist and demeaning. You deserve to rot in hell.

You and Triumph the insult dog. :D

J/k

BebeAphrodite
04-28-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Oh really, well you'd think she'd have those two simple songs down pat by now and not be off key then huh? She sucked, Jann sucked, they are an embarassment to canadian vocal talent.

oh BTW, GO FLAMES GO!!!!

lol :werd:

syeve
04-28-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Dave P

Yah I was worried about that too, I would rather boo their shitty hockey teams! muahaha

sputnik
04-28-2004, 09:22 AM
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/images/030717roseanne.jpg

Altezza
04-28-2004, 11:00 AM
If you didn't know who she was, I'd say you're a Bandwagon fan :P :P :P

jdmakkord
04-28-2004, 02:25 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/arts/stories/arden20040427

BebeAphrodite
04-29-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Altezza
If you didn't know who she was, I'd say you're a Bandwagon fan :P :P :P

yep I am..
and for those of you complaining about the bandwagon fans.. at least the flames have fans now. I didn't even know I was interested in hockey until a friend dragged me out to watch the playoffs. :D

BebeAphrodite
05-13-2004, 08:11 PM
there she is singing it again... once again her voice waivers
where did they find her?? :rolleyes:

davidI
05-13-2004, 08:36 PM

Does it really matter?
Are you gonna sing it better with 20 000 fans singing along so you can't even hear your own voice?

I watch hockey for hockey...not the anthems.

DJ Lazy
05-13-2004, 08:40 PM

:whocares: , Its a hockey game, not American Idol....

You try singign properly with a ton of adrenaline pumping thru you and 20,000 fans... :rolleyes:

djfob
05-13-2004, 08:54 PM
meh as long as she's better than Jann Arden.;)

turbo_equiped
05-13-2004, 09:18 PM
she wasnt bad..!!
she was ok...who cares as long as she words it properly!!
lol

fast95pony
05-13-2004, 10:08 PM

Perhaps you can do better ???:dunno: :rolleyes:

itsnotaDUB
05-13-2004, 11:02 PM

STEP UP, all these haters you must be pretty good yourself, but yet you arnt there singing...

lam-boy
05-14-2004, 12:08 AM

yep I am..
and for those of you complaining about the bandwagon fans.. at least the flames have fans now. I didn't even know I was interested in hockey until a friend dragged me out to watch the playoffs. :D

flames always had fans. :rolleyes:

davidI
05-14-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy

flames always had fans. :rolleyes:

Let it go man. The fact that I've always been a fan pisses me off too when everyone else hops on the bandwagon and buys the tickets etc. but I'd rather have all this hype and see merchandise everywhere and be able to talk about the game with everyone than be one of a fewer amount of fans. All the bandwagon hype is good for the fans, good for the game and most of all good for the flames.

GT3
05-14-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
At least she was better than Jann Arden....

True

lam-boy
05-14-2004, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by davidI

Let it go man. The fact that I've always been a fan pisses me off too when everyone else hops on the bandwagon and buys the tickets etc. but I'd rather have all this hype and see merchandise everywhere and be able to talk about the game with everyone than be one of a fewer amount of fans. All the bandwagon hype is good for the fans, good for the game and most of all good for the flames.

i didn't say the fact that im mad or angry, im not holding nothing against bandwagon jumpers.

i just hate the fact that people always think flames have no support what so ever.

even though our team sucked throughout those years, we still managed 15,XXX people per game, thats hella lot better than New Jersey devils "STANLEY CUP CHAMPS" who can't even manage to sell stanley cup final tix.

BebeAphrodite
05-14-2004, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by davidI

Are you gonna sing it better with 20 000 fans singing along so you can't even hear your own voice?

Originally posted by DJ Lazy

You try singign properly with a ton of adrenaline pumping thru you and 20,000 fans... :rolleyes:
-The American singer in San Jose I thought did pretty well... someone brought this up previously that she sings regularily.. you'd think with all this practice she would have got it nailed by now.

Originally posted by fast95pony

Perhaps you can do better ???:dunno: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by itsnotaDUB

STEP UP, all these haters you must be pretty good yourself, but yet you arnt there singing...
-I think Britney sucks at singing too. The criticism comes when these people are paid to sing and they're no good at it. So from what you guys are saying, in order to criticize someone's singing and have any credibility you need to be able to sing better than they can?

:rolleyes:

What a strange coincidence.. I didn't even realise this was Game 3 again since I started this thread during Game 3 with Canucks. he he he

-:cry:-

davidI
05-14-2004, 06:42 AM

-The American singer in San Jose I thought did pretty well... someone brought this up previously that she sings regularily.. you'd think with all this practice she would have got it nailed by now.

-:cry:-

The Shark Tank isn't as loud as the Dome. Have you been to a game? Have you heard all the people blowing their airhorns and yelling shit while the girl trys to sing?

Maybe this happens in the shark tank too but I kind of doubt it. It doesn't happen in the regular season here which from what I've heard on sports shows is about how loud the Sharks buidling has been and I've never heard a complaint about it.

Really, I don't really care because I watch the game for the hockey, not the anthem. I'm just defending the girl you're criticizing because I think she does a fine job considering the circumstances.

accordboi_02
05-14-2004, 07:46 AM

So from what you guys are saying, in order to criticize someone's singing and have any credibility you need to be able to sing better than they can?

Yes. If she's that bad, you go try out and show us all how it's done.

The criticism comes when these people are paid to sing and they're no good at it.

Someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong, but I believe the anthem singers do it for free? (Unless their name is William Hung, of course) :dunno:

imprezive
05-14-2004, 10:27 AM

Stop being such a hater :rolleyes:

She may not be the best singer out there, but she's not a reject!! It takes alot of guts to be singing in front of thousands of people. I personally think she is lucky to be so close to the action!! She probably gets some mad hookups (meeting the team, good seats....etc).

Weapon_R
05-14-2004, 11:42 AM
Alright, let's all jump on the bandwagon now...:rolleyes: