PDA

View Full Version : Dam terriost alertness crap!

Zephyr
10-12-2002, 10:09 PM
argh recently the US gov got the new tape of a possible terriost threat again, and there is like double the amount of officers everywhere. i was riding in my friend's prelude and he has like custom fabricated turbo system, and we got pulled over and his car got freaking impounded and it will be auctioned off in a police auction unless he pays the fine by 30 days, hes got like over 30 grand in that car.......argh this never happened before, took us 20 min to find a dam ride from a friend......ARGH stupid alertness crap...

i had to vent about my wonderful night..

Zephyr
10-12-2002, 10:32 PM
man police here really can whore up the tickets in one stop too, 1 for illegal tint, 1 for exhaust noise, 1 for loud music, 1 for clear side markers, and 1 more for engine modifications...

infamous
10-12-2002, 10:36 PM
ouch...sorry to hear that...oh yeah, when is the auction?:D i need a car....

jk. hopefully everything works out for your friend

kaput
10-12-2002, 10:54 PM

Zephyr
10-12-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by kaput
That's bullshit. They shouldn't be allowed to do that... doesn't it constitute theft or something??? I mean they're essentially stealing something pretty damn valuable and holding it hostage for ransom while threatening to get rid of it all together.

And how can they keep it and auction it off if it's illegal in the first place? Do they go and drop the ransom money from some other victim to make it street legal before selling it off? Probably not hey, not many criminals would be overly concerned about the law.

here in the states, if the car is impounded, it becomes property of the US government, and they can do whatever they want when the fine money is expired...