PDA

View Full Version : what are spinners?

wooden-spoked
04-28-2004, 03:34 PM
can someone tell me what are spinners?? i know it may be a dumbb a question, but i just recently moved to the usa. so, can someone tele me what spinners are? and can you tell me in good detail???thanks....

ZorroAMG
04-28-2004, 03:43 PM
Spinners are types of wheels that have an outer section that spins freely and separately from the rest of the wheel. They spin at a different rate and look weird when moving, then when the vehicle (usually some ghey-up baller wannabe SUV) stops, the rims keep spinnin'. Especially ghey when put on cars.....

try spinners here: http://www.google.ca

wooden-spoked
04-28-2004, 03:45 PM
thanks sir, but i need more information on this subject. i am doing a project on tires for cars, and i want to get some information on spinners. can you or anyone else givve me more information on spinners?

izzoblitzo
04-28-2004, 03:48 PM
:burnout: :D

http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/48/48117/rims-style02.gif

WGR4Pussies
04-28-2004, 03:48 PM
well man thats exactly what they are, the outer "baller" section is mounted on a bearing, so they can spin freely, like zorro said.

izzoblitzo
04-28-2004, 03:50 PM
they even have spinners on shoes now.

Latrell Spreewell's Dada shoes:
http://www.dadafootwear.com/dada2004/img/shoes/Spree/lateral.gif

the spinner thing spins while you walk!!:eek:

wooden-spoked
04-28-2004, 03:51 PM
wow. that looks good. is there any more information i need about the spinners? i am getting some information from tihs site. thanks everyone. well is there anything else i need to know??

izzoblitzo
04-28-2004, 03:57 PM
I think they were developed by Minnesota Timberwolves Gaurd Latrell Spreewell some ought years ago.. if he didnt develop them, at least he was one of the first to have them.. his rim company (spreewell racing)

it's mostly common in chrome. They are usually on big trucks and suv's.. (watch some southern rap video, like master P and Lil bowow or something) they are normal chrome rims (rappers and ballers and the like) usually get them in rediculous sizes, and they have the extra attachment on them that allows for it to spin freely even though your car is stopped.

ZorroAMG
04-28-2004, 03:58 PM
search for Spinners or spinning rims on google or another search engine

wooden-spoked
04-28-2004, 04:05 PM
ZorroAMG,,, i took yuor adivce. go to google.ca right? i did taht. but all i got is, do you want to buy spinners. that's it and nothing else except for pictures. i want some information on spinners.

ZorroAMG
04-28-2004, 04:18 PM
I told you all I know...wth are you looking for manufacturing methods?

wooden-spoked
04-28-2004, 04:21 PM
no i am not. all i am asking, is that i need some good reliable information on "SPINNERS". if there's more, please tell me, if there's no more, then it's okay.

Ducati
04-28-2004, 04:33 PM
I have some information that may be of help:

Spinner are meant to dazzle people who are on psychoactive drugs. They were created by John D. Schpinner, of Queens N.Y., who was inspired by seeing a spinner beanie while under the influence of "Green Blotter" LSD, in the late seventies.

When he grew older he continued his drugging ways, and was eventually sentenced to a period of incarceration in Sing Sing prison, where he was assigned work in their metal shop making licence plates and park furniture. His skills as a metal craftsman were soon evident as he installed the first rechargeable barbecue igniter on a park picnic table in the late eighties, using an imaginitive spinner device which, like a windmill, created kinetic energy through wind movenment and copper coils to store the electric charge. This picnic bench was eventually installed in Palookah Park, in The Bronx, however sadly caught fire several years ago, seriously injuring a family from Little Montenegro who were living under it.

Upon being released from prison he got a job through the John Birch Society Outplacement Program, where he was soon able to afford more mind adultering psycoactive substances of various types, and the effects of these both inspired him and gave him the boundless energy to break into his employers' shop one night and set to work making a variety of creative fabrications out of all of the various peices of metal, chunks of culvert, barrels, and the company truck, which he modified in a manner that has since been used as an inspiration for the well-known motorcycle customizer and psycoactive substance user Jessee James, as the inspiration for his hit TV series "Monster Garage".

The innovative wheels were seen at the opportunely timed Guano Festival, which was meant as the Northeast U.S.' sister festival to New Mexico's famed Burning Man Festival. Schpinners creations were seized upon by an unknown group of faux zebra-skin caped Elvis imitators, who began using them on their festival float and show-vehicle. These wheels were chromed and originally had little lava lamps as centre caps, however that process was soon discontinued because of the molten wax leaking into the spinner bearings, causing the spinners to seize and detatch, decapitating the founder of this troupe of travelling performers.

The rest, as they say, is history.

There! I have written your assignment for you. Simply cut & paste, append your signature, and submit this work as your own, for a certain "A".

Best of luck with your schoolwork, and if there are any other assignments I can write for you, please keep me in mind.

wooden-spoked
04-28-2004, 04:36 PM
^^^^

thanks, but i dunt want to copy. ill take notes and then use them in my own words.:) :) :) BUT thanks...

Ducati
04-28-2004, 05:00 PM
I admire your ethics. Keep at that schoolwork. You'll do okay.

JCX
04-28-2004, 05:30 PM
I have spinners on my glasses. The keep spinning even after I stop looking at stuff.

Ridelikeme
04-28-2004, 09:39 PM
DUCATI man im impressed... haha that was awesome