PDA

View Full Version : Classic question - What do you bench?



Pages : [1] 2

RAGINGHULK
04-28-2004, 11:35 PM
I figured there's enough guys on here that can answer that question HONESTLY!!!!
I'm at 305 right now for a max single and 225 for 16.
That's my best so far this year.

RAGINGHULK

civic_rida
04-29-2004, 12:02 AM
My bench sux. 45 on each side plus bar.
Funny when a kid who weighs like 100 pounds can do more .
:drama:

YCB
04-29-2004, 01:27 AM
im 162, i can do 2 45's on each side.. for like 6 reps..

EG STyLeZ
04-29-2004, 02:59 AM
i know it's easier on a machine than freeweight, but how much easier is it? like how many can you guys do on the machine? i've only used the machine before and i can do 120-130 pounds for 8-10 reps

pinoyhero
04-29-2004, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by YCB
im 162, i can do 2 45's on each side.. for like 6 reps..

Good idea post your weight as well...

I'm 175 and max out around 250, about 200 for 8-10 reps

04-29-2004, 05:44 AM
i am 144 i can bench a 45 and a 25 on each side about 6-8 times depending if i ate good that day.
Sho&go

flipfinesse
04-29-2004, 11:01 AM
155 pounds 5'7" and can bench 225 pounds 6-8 reps!!

QuasarCav
04-29-2004, 11:09 AM
190lbs about 5'10 i can bench 140lbs 8-10 reps 3 sets.

euro tang
04-29-2004, 11:39 AM
I'm 180 n I can do about 10 reps of 210 but I have no idea how much I can do 1 rep max, I never tried it for a long ass time.

richardchan2002
04-29-2004, 12:38 PM
Doing 1 rep max is how you get injured...

I'm 160 and I can do two plates (2 45's on each side - 225lb) but I don't think it translates into real strength. I think people should be wary of using the amount of weight as a benchmark. I used to go into the gym and shoot for high weights on the common exercises like bench press, curls, etc. But if you don't exercise all your muscles evenly, you're not getting any benefit from working out. You're only strong for that one motion, and it can cause problems with your stabilizer muscles and other joints... My $0.02

YCB
04-29-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero


Good idea post your weight as well...

I'm 175 and max out around 250, about 200 for 8-10 reps


yeah as i wrote im 162.. :dunno:

sputnik
04-29-2004, 01:45 PM
im 5'7 165...

i max at 185 but more comfortably bench 160 (4-5 reps min)

flipfinesse
04-29-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Doing 1 rep max is how you get injured...

I'm 160 and I can do two plates (2 45's on each side - 225lb) but I don't think it translates into real strength. I think people should be wary of using the amount of weight as a benchmark. I used to go into the gym and shoot for high weights on the common exercises like bench press, curls, etc. But if you don't exercise all your muscles evenly, you're not getting any benefit from working out. You're only strong for that one motion, and it can cause problems with your stabilizer muscles and other joints... My $0.02

sooo true!

1-Bar
04-29-2004, 06:07 PM
Lets see....I bench 245lbs regular and I weigh in at 155lbs :thumbsup:

BigMass
04-30-2004, 10:10 PM
at the end of this thread i would like to take everyone to the gym and test their claims. If they can't bench what they claim they have to eat their shit stained underwear

dogmaiwli
04-30-2004, 11:13 PM
225 X 6
245 lbs

That.Guy.S30
05-01-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by BigMass
at the end of this thread i would like to take everyone to the gym and test their claims. If they can't bench what they claim they have to eat their shit stained underwear

i agree with you man. i cant see how some of these guys bench more than 200lbs. givin it all depends on other factors (ie, mood, food, spotter, how many sets and reps)

RAGINGHULK
05-01-2004, 06:19 PM
my thoughts exactly.
I'm for real but I weigh 225lbs.

I thought my bench way pretty good but some of these guys....are completely full of $hit.

RAGINGHULK

BebeAphrodite
05-02-2004, 03:21 PM
20 lbs?

Marsh
05-02-2004, 04:50 PM
^ Don't work too hard now haha

im 5'11 160 and bench about 150 for 8-10

JustinL
05-04-2004, 11:54 AM
I think 1RM can be done safely if properly warmed up and spotted. In fact, one of my labs in university included a 1RM bench test.

1RM Bench press has been shown in the literature to be a very good approximation of overall upper body strength. It's not perfect, and you're right if someone trains only for bench it won't be valid.

My 1RM was around 215 last year when I was close to my peak, but I'm sure it's down quite a bit now. I weighed about 155lbs, 6'.


Originally posted by richardchan2002
Doing 1 rep max is how you get injured...

I'm 160 and I can do two plates (2 45's on each side - 225lb) but I don't think it translates into real strength. I think people should be wary of using the amount of weight as a benchmark. I used to go into the gym and shoot for high weights on the common exercises like bench press, curls, etc. But if you don't exercise all your muscles evenly, you're not getting any benefit from working out. You're only strong for that one motion, and it can cause problems with your stabilizer muscles and other joints... My $0.02

Boosted_TL
05-04-2004, 12:28 PM
6 ft 240LBS, Dont do max bench but rep 250 8 times

RAGINGHULK
05-04-2004, 09:52 PM
On Satuday I trained at Talisman Center (which I think will be my new gym in a few months) and trained chest and back.
Well, I managed to 275-8, 295-4, 315-2!
New PR!
RAGINGHULK

1-Bar
05-05-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by BigMass
at the end of this thread i would like to take everyone to the gym and test their claims. If they can't bench what they claim they have to eat their shit stained underwear

I agree...

RAGINGHULK
05-05-2004, 09:35 AM
I'm all for it.

RAGINGHULK

BIGTEXFAN
05-05-2004, 09:07 PM
im 15 y.o. and 149 pounds and i 1RM at 250 and i work out on 190 9-10 times. im the strongest one in our junior high. btw im in the 1000 pound club (the only one in junior high) which is the sum of bench press, squat and deadlift. bench-250 squat-375 and deadlift 400

Clem
05-19-2004, 02:20 PM
27 years, 6', 260Lbs, 315Lbs x 4-6, 275Lbs x 8-10

never really tried a 1RM

QuasarCav
05-19-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar


I agree...


And all those who told the truth get to apply the shit stains!!

BBMac
06-04-2004, 04:18 PM
I wiegh around 140 and my max bench was 225(single rep). gone down do to the lack of my weight lifting.

jennyanniemary
06-04-2004, 05:08 PM
just the bar
whats does just the bar weight?
45lbs?



Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
20 lbs?

Lennon
06-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Ha, you all suck, I'm 21, 5'10.5, 210lbs. I can totally bench those 5lbs weights. (Can't use the bar, its too stupid) So a 5lbs in each hand, and I'm fine. WITH NO SPOTTER!!

Beat that your attention whoring "raginghulk"

jennyanniemary
06-04-2004, 08:19 PM
i think a better topic would be which bag would u buy me (lv? dior?)

blinkme_210
06-04-2004, 09:08 PM
150lbs, 5'6, 1 45lb plate on each side x 6 reps. So it's like 135lbs including the bar. I don't workout, but if I tried I could probably do more.

I think the thing that's really keeping me from doing a full intense like 2hr workout session is diet. I can't stand the thought of having to like watch what I eat, how much I eat, when to eat, etc. Don't people get sick of eating tuna like day in day out?

jennyanniemary
06-04-2004, 09:47 PM
if you are working out to gain mass, u only need to work out for 45mins to 1 hour each day and every other so your body can rest and grow every other day, and u dont have to watch your diet, u might say u probably cant eat enough to keep up (protein being important as a building block, cooking its screws it up, you are right about tuna though contain 25-29g of it per can, egg protein being no good also, something like whey is good), do at most 2 muscle (example bicep/calf, dont do like tri/bicep) group each day, low rep say 5 and only a few set and increase weights each set, untill u are completely dead, sleep as much as you can, thats when u grow and repair, if u take naps u can maybe even work out mroe then once in each day, if u do gain some fat its okay considering u have enough muscle mass beneath it it can easily be burned, haveing absolutly none is not good either, if you body has none stored it will start taking away from your muscles, vegatable aint that important most of time only waste stomach space as ruffage, eat only what u need to survive, red meats kinda usless too, carbs are important, complex and not, also hydrating you body is a must.....



Originally posted by blinkme_210
150lbs, 5'6, 1 45lb plate on each side x 6 reps. So it's like 135lbs including the bar. I don't workout, but if I tried I could probably do more.

I think the thing that's really keeping me from doing a full intense like 2hr workout session is diet. I can't stand the thought of having to like watch what I eat, how much I eat, when to eat, etc. Don't people get sick of eating tuna like day in day out?

blinkme_210
06-04-2004, 09:55 PM
How much will a $30 can of whey isolate last me? I can't see myself forking out $30 or more for powder so often.

jennyanniemary
06-04-2004, 10:08 PM
its cost alot more then $30 for good quality whey, i find them hard to desolve and make into a drink, u need a blender or soemthing, a while back samsons use to run to the state and drive up with all the US grade muscletech prodcts which was better then and GNC canadian fda approved stuff u can buy, but then aloto fo those suppliments contain bad stuff in it, is it worth it, its up to you to decide, do u want to be bigger? and potentially look better and feel better?


Originally posted by blinkme_210
How much will a $30 can of whey isolate last me? I can't see myself forking out $30 or more for powder so often.

blinkme_210
06-05-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by jennyanniemary
is it worth it, its up to you to decide, do u want to be bigger? and potentially look better and feel better?


No, not really. :rofl:

JordanLotoski
06-05-2004, 12:06 AM
member back in public school.....AIR bands...they play fake insturments...well thats how i work out:D

air bench press
air flys
air curls

i think u get the just of it

maybe thats why iam 6 feet and 114 pounds....hmmmm

Lennon
06-05-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
member back in public school.....AIR bands...they play fake insturments...well thats how i work out:D

air bench press
air flys
air curls

i think u get the just of it

maybe thats why iam 6 feet and 114 pounds....hmmmm

Remind me NEVER to mess with you.

ddmmak
06-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Ive been working out for almost 8 yrs.. i can do 3 45's a side plus a 25. for a set of 5.. that is 365. with a spot of course.

RAGINGHULK
06-10-2004, 12:22 PM
Anyone can do quite a bit with a spotter, what about without one?

RAGINGHULK

ddmmak
06-11-2004, 01:37 PM
Without a spotter, 2plates and a quarter, add on a 5 pounder too!.. no spot.8-10 reps.

Wildcat
06-11-2004, 03:08 PM
my routine is;
135 x12
185 x8
205 x6
225 x4 (spot)
245 x2or3 (spot)

i dont know what my max is, a max bench is pretty stupid IMO. Im 195-200lbs, i gotta get back on cycle soon, ive lost like 10lbs. :eek:

edit: everyones numbers sound really credible, but of course thers the odd few where i can smell the BS through my monitor. :rofl:

ddmmak
06-12-2004, 10:40 AM
I found that to build strength or mass, go and do for example 2 plates first set, then add 10 on each side for one set, then add 20 then 30 then 40 then back down to 30, 20 ,10 , 2 45's and to finish up flat bench one plate a side. I have done this for incline and decline also.

Also works for other body parts too.

Skylinelover
06-13-2004, 09:05 PM
Spotters dont really matter if you see at compatitions the spotter has to back away.

EnRich
06-13-2004, 09:55 PM
Too bad none of you will actually take each other upon their offer's to actually goto the gym and test their bench press out... Funny thing is i'm 100% sure 90% of you totally lied bout your bench press.... :thumbsdow

Rich

Wildcat
06-14-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by EnRich
Too bad none of you will actually take each other upon their offer's to actually goto the gym and test their bench press out... Funny thing is i'm 100% sure 90% of you totally lied bout your bench press.... :thumbsdow

Rich

i'll take the pepsi challenge on my claims anyday, but ya i hear where your coming from. Its an individual sport, so who really cares what other people say? i just nod and smile at the fakers :D

RAGINGHULK
06-14-2004, 09:30 PM
I'll go to the gym, but the question is now directed to you Rich, it seems that both I and DDMAK will back our claims but will you?
I can see and understand your frustrations but don't think that eveveryone here is full of $hit.
I say we head to Lindsey and prove it.
RAGINGHULK

That.Guy.S30
06-14-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by RAGINGHULK
I'll go to the gym, but the question is now directed to you Rich, it seems that both I and DDMAK will back our claims but will you?
I can see and understand your frustrations but don't think that eveveryone here is full of $hit.
I say we head to Lindsey and prove it.
RAGINGHULK

ill back my claims of goin to the gym.. ahhahaha

Cixz
06-15-2004, 10:07 PM
fuck man i wanan get in on this lets roll to mountroyal and do this shit lol well my decline is 255 3 times with a spot im not sure my max on incline or flat because max bench press is pretty tough on your shoulders and can cause a bit of injury but who knows id probobly do it if there was a crowd around.. we should get a bunch of pps of this forum too actually prove there press and see who is bs but i could definatly see alot of pps bsing but who cares let them think there big lol ill letya guys know when im going to mountroyal:whocares:

EnRich
06-16-2004, 04:45 PM
Heh... To be quite honest, I really dont care, and I definatly wont go outta my way paying to goto another gym to see you guys bench press, but any of you are more then welcome to come to Golds with me and varify what you bench... I can do 205 eight times with a drop set while my max is in the 255 range... I'm also 210 lbs and been working out around 1/half years... Its funny how so many of the guys in here are half my weight and still press more then me, and I think I'm decently fit, besides a little beer gut... Anyways anytime guys...

And if anyone wants to join me at Golds Gym Canyon Meadows, I can hook you up at 34/month.... Thats one of the best rates in Calgary, and by far the best gym in the city...

PM me, only got one coupon left, EXPIRES JUNE 30th

240Pinoylvr
06-16-2004, 05:31 PM
I havent exactly worked out on a solid routine but a few months abck i went for 4 days each week for 2 months. I like working out, but I dont know how to spread it out

im 220 lbs, 5'10, and i want to get to about 190. Do any of you find it easier to hit pure weight and burn it through metabolism of muscle mass, or do you find it easier to do lighter weights but mroe reps??

if any of you have any suggestions, post a routine in detail.

energie23
06-17-2004, 01:00 PM
i weak, i'm 19 and i can bench 65 on each side plus bar, but like 3 reps

ddmmak
06-18-2004, 01:31 PM
well im here to back myself up... anytime ...i agree with raginhulk!!! as the name implies...

Tyler883
06-28-2004, 01:06 AM
I'm can garantee that I'm telling you the truth about my bench press. How do you know??? Because its a lot less than all the claims on this thread, so I'm definitely not trying to BS you guys.

My current chest workout is roughly this:

Warm up: 3 supersets of db presses and db flys. 35lbs and 20 lbs respectively.... 20 reps per exercise.

Long bar bench press:
Flat: 2 sets to failure(8-12 reps) with 2x45s plus bar
Incline: 2 sets to failure(8-12 reps) with 2x35s plus bar
Decline: 2 sets to failure( 8-12 reps) with 2x45s plus 2x10s plus bar

I sometimes do 5 sets of each, but the first 3 sets build in intensity till the last two are to failure.When I'm using creatine, I can add an extra 10 on each set for the first 5-10 sets.

Cable work: any angle that I can think of for a total of about 6 sets of 20 reps

Recovery time:5-7 days, usually 5 if I supplement with whey powder.

So whats my maximum bench? I don't know but I'll bet its a lot less than most of you guys. So :whocares: right?

James
06-28-2004, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat

but ya i hear where your coming from. Its an individual sport, so who really cares what other people say? i just nod and smile at the fakers :D


So true...Iv'e only been going to the gym frequently for a few months now and all these guys i know who claim they can bench like 200lbs are so full of it its just hilarious...............I try to do the most reps i can, because im trying to cut fat instead of get bulky, when i first started i couldnt even do 35lbs a side 8 times, it was rough....but now i can consistently do a plate a side 12 times, and 60lbs a side 8-10 times, so ive gone from 110 to 165 bench weight in 3 months...... im about 5'10, 205lbs, still trying to shed off the rest of the fat from 260lb land.

Mormegrimm
10-20-2004, 07:28 PM
I'm 14 and I bench around 190....I'm like the 3rd strongest in our junior high.

zboost
10-20-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
at the end of this thread i would like to take everyone to the gym and test their claims. If they can't bench what they claim they have to eat their shit stained underwear
good idea.. half these guys are lieing out thier asses.. im 150 and bench 210 7-10 reps depeding if i have a spot.. and to top this off i have never seen anyone my stature and weight even come close to that.. so i figure half you guys are dreaming in this forum..

zboost
10-20-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
Lets see....I bench 245lbs regular and I weigh in at 155lbs :thumbsup:
dont you go to u of c? i have never seen anyone come close to the claim you just made being about my weight.. i always work in with guys at school who weigh around 50- 90 pounds mor ethen me.. oh i just went downstairs i have ashitty little bench and with a spot i benched 225 4 times.. if you weigh as much as i do i will pay you 20 bucks to bench more then me.. pm me if you want to go through with this

zboost
10-20-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
my routine is;
135 x12
185 x8
205 x6
225 x4 (spot)
245 x2or3 (spot)

i dont know what my max is, a max bench is pretty stupid IMO. Im 195-200lbs, i gotta get back on cycle soon, ive lost like 10lbs. :eek:

edit: everyones numbers sound really credible, but of course thers the odd few where i can smell the BS through my monitor. :rofl:
this guy totally proved my point also we bench about the same and he is 50 more pounds then me.. prelude boy is full of shit sorry to say

dogmaiwli
10-20-2004, 11:52 PM
I'm Down to 220 Now, And I can Cable Bench 300 -4 or 5 reps
150 a side

1-Bar
10-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by zboost

dont you go to u of c? i have never seen anyone come close to the claim you just made being about my weight.. i always work in with guys at school who weigh around 50- 90 pounds mor ethen me.. oh i just went downstairs i have ashitty little bench and with a spot i benched 225 4 times.. if you weigh as much as i do i will pay you 20 bucks to bench more then me.. pm me if you want to go through with this

Yep, I goto U of C....There are suprizingly a lot of guys that have a lot of strength in a small frame. I'll gladly take your $20, although it will have to be at a later date.....summer went to shiet.

1-Bar
10-21-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by zboost

this guy totally proved my point also we bench about the same and he is 50 more pounds then me.. prelude boy is full of shit sorry to say

are you some kind of doctor or specialist to hold true to that claim?? So what that this guy is 50lbs more and you are the same mass.....everyone has a different muscle composition and in different areas of training. Personally I've been working out for 9 years now, my buddy who started training with me last year has the same mass and he can't lift as heavy weights as I can......:dunno:

SkylineAdmirer
10-21-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Mormegrimm
I'm 14 and I bench around 190....I'm like the 3rd strongest in our junior high.

Dude i smelled bullshit before i even got to read that.....

im 15, 15 reps, then another 15, 100 machine
70lbs total on bench, 15 reps, and another 15, i weigh 160, stopped working out awile ago n gotta get back to my gym.

ls/vtec-crx
10-21-2004, 05:17 PM
I'm 135lbs and i can do 225lbs about 6 times

1-Bar
10-21-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by ls/vtec-crx
I'm 135lbs and i can do 225lbs about 6 times

I can vouch, I was there!!

zboost
10-26-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar


I can vouch, I was there!!
pick a day when you would like to attempt and bench more then me.. i really coubt that thsi will happen considering i bench more then most guys who are blkier/biggger then me

badseed
10-26-2004, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by RAGINGHULK
my thoughts exactly.
I'm for real but I weigh 225lbs.

I thought my bench way pretty good but some of these guys....are completely full of $hit.

RAGINGHULK

Agreed, I'm soo with you on the above statement. BTW my personal 1RM best was 275lbs, free barbell, clean. I'm 5'5" 155lbs which seems impossible size to bench 275lbs but I actually weighed 140 lbs at the time (196% of body weight), you'd be amazed at what genetics can allow.

And of anyone doesn't beleive me I'm not about to argue or even respond cuz I really have no one to impress. So if you are in disbelief all i got to say is "dont be a hater".

milhouse
11-02-2004, 09:37 AM
I'm 23

I can bench round 25 pounds

But at the same time, i am capable of doing atleast a couple of hundred reps on all your moms.

Take that


P.S

I call B.S on most of the claims here.

Singel
11-02-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by milhouse
I'm 23

I call B.S on most of the claims here.

:werd: Getting the biggest guy in the gym to spot u...errrrrrr getting him to lift the bar off ur chest with a little help from u doesn't count

Texas
11-02-2004, 07:21 PM
I havent worked out in a while, but when I did (infrequently) I maxxed at 350 which was the most I was willing to try. I would rep usually with 245 (2 plates per side) and tens. I dont know how fast someone regress'. Back then I weighed 280, could hammer curl 100/110 in each arm. Im around the same weight now but havent been in the gym as much. As for bullshitting, I have plenty of witness'. Im not too concerned about the whole body weight/bench thing, because I could usually still throw the guy (who could bench himself) across the room.

StraightFlush
11-09-2004, 07:51 PM
I agree that alot of the posts here are BS, but another thing to ALL the guys pressing 200+ lbs. Are you using complete free weights with a 45lb olympic bar?? Or are you using the Smith Machine at your local gym????

I see alot of these smaller guys in the gym constantly hitting bench on a smith machine...so its easy to say...hey I put 1 plate and a half a side and did it 10 times. Little do they know, or perhaps dont want to know, its ALOT harder pressing complete free weight on a regular old bench with a real Olympic Bar!

Drew
11-09-2004, 08:46 PM
you guys sure do make me feel not fit at all, however to answer the question i bench my usual joint on the right and my lighter on the left.....

BloodBaneZXY
11-09-2004, 09:01 PM
SO many of these numbers sound rigged..I'm sure there are the few ogres who can bust out those massive numbers, but the rest of them are probably one of the following:

1) Done on a vertical bench machine (it's much different fool :P)
2) Done on a smith machine (see above :P)
3) Done with a spotter that's doing heavy upright rows as you're benching :P
4) Done with bullshit half-reps, probably lowering 1/4th the way. These numbers better be touching your chest and back up (not bouncing either) eitherwise it's bs :P

GingeRRRBeef
11-09-2004, 09:11 PM
ahhh I'm actually lovin this thread .... everybody comparing their internet cock sizes ... classic comedy

Guess what I can do 3 plates on each side at sea level :rolleyes:

So what if the next guy can push out 4 plates a side? Aren't all of you working out to look good and be healthy for your own good, for the ladies or to show off to other guys? Why does is it so important to call someone else's BS? What you're able to do all depends on your training and what you're trying to achieve.

So calm down the testosterone and get a real penis pump instead.

StraightFlush
11-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Here's another toss up to "try" back up some of the claims regarding the questionable lifters on this site...

What do you bench with free weight dumbbells?? You know, the big heavy intimidating things that sit in the corner???

BloodBaneZXY
11-09-2004, 09:37 PM
flat db bench >>>> flat bb bench

hand's down

Wildcat
11-10-2004, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
ahhh I'm actually lovin this thread .... everybody comparing their internet cock sizes ... classic comedy

Guess what I can do 3 plates on each side at sea level :rolleyes:

So what if the next guy can push out 4 plates a side? Aren't all of you working out to look good and be healthy for your own good, for the ladies or to show off to other guys? Why does is it so important to call someone else's BS? What you're able to do all depends on your training and what you're trying to achieve.

So calm down the testosterone and get a real penis pump instead.


Originally posted by Wildcat
Its an individual sport, so who really cares what other people say? i just nod and smile at the fakers :D

~Leah~
11-10-2004, 02:27 AM
OHhhh ya I'm buff!!

I can bench all y'all and throw you across the gym!!!!





... or.... 70 lbs... 12 reps

cboyspimp
11-10-2004, 03:07 AM
^^girls are so funny at the gym actin all huge lol..
...up to 2 plates a side.... where are you i bar prelude dood?lol

awd
11-10-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by ~Leah~
OHhhh ya I'm buff!!

I can bench all y'all and throw you across the gym!!!!

... or.... 70 lbs... 12 reps

The only honest post in this thread!

~Leah~
11-10-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by cboyspimp
^^girls are so funny at the gym actin all huge lol..
...up to 2 plates a side.... where are you i bar prelude dood?lol

I dunno if this is supposed to be an insult or what, but girls don't have go to the gym to compensate for dick size! hah When we actually do bench press (the very few of us that do), we do it for the exercise!

finboy
11-10-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by ~Leah~


I dunno if this is supposed to be an insult or what

i think he's hitting on you :rofl:

1-Bar
11-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by cboyspimp
^^girls are so funny at the gym actin all huge lol..
...up to 2 plates a side.... where are you i bar prelude dood?lol

I ain't your "dood" n00b. And FYI its a 1 not an I, learn how to read.

Just because you do not possess the strength required to even lift a quarter of the weight I do, doesn't mean its impossible. Take off that narrow vision of the world you see and open your eyes.

Pfft...I betcha think benching 600+ lbs or squating 1000+ lbs BS. Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are these guys/gals called powerlifters that do it all the time. Nuff said.

EK 2.0
11-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by 1-Bar


I ain't your "dood" n00b. And FYI its a 1 not an I, learn how to read.

Just because you do not possess the strength required to even lift a quarter of the weight I do, doesn't mean its impossible. Take off that narrow vision of the world you see and open your eyes.

Pfft...I betcha think benching 600+ lbs or squating 1000+ lbs BS. Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are these guys/gals called powerlifters that do it all the time. Nuff said.


CBOYSPANSY PWN3D by 1-Bar...

and you all want an honest benching post??

I can lift a beer mug to my lips for 5 reps...till I need another...


it's amazingly hilarious to see the fucked up turn this thread has taken...

Y'll nukkas should just meet up and whip it out on the weight bench to see who's got the smallest dick...then you know who will be the one on the biggest 'roid regimen...


everyone but 1-Bar, and ls/vtec Crx Cause I can vouch for the Gym routines for those 2 and of course Leah...cause uhmmm...:rolleyes: she can't whip it out...

WhiteNikes
11-10-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

I can lift a beer mug to my lips for 5 reps...till I need another...


Don't be frontin' man. You ain't gotta go easy on dem kids G. You gotta put'em in they's place. Like all you could do is them mugs. You KNOW you be liftin' them 40's to G.:D

EK 2.0
11-10-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by WhiteNikes


Don't be frontin' man. You ain't gotta go easy on dem kids G. You gotta put'em in they's place. Like all you could do is them mugs. You KNOW you be liftin' them 40's to G.:D


i dun wan start na wah...you 'ear mah...so I got's ta keep da ish on tha DL yo...

IntegraG2
11-10-2004, 02:28 PM
i bench 155 and i am 135lbs......

three.eighteen.
11-10-2004, 04:42 PM
i bench 50 lb db's each side, probably could do more with a bar, i weight 130 lbs

heavyD
11-16-2004, 04:12 PM
I've been working out at my gym for about six straight years and have only seen only a couple guys bench over 225lbs that weighed 160lbs or less. I do see too many guys concentrate on bench and curls. If you really want to be strong squatting is the key.

5'8"
187 lbs
125 lbs bar arm curls for 8 - 10 reps

Carfanman
11-22-2004, 01:07 AM
I'm 6'5, 360 pounds and I can do 200 reps of 437 pounds.

Yeah I know thats bs, but thats what this thread is full of!!

Kirbs17
11-22-2004, 01:55 AM
Hey, im 225 lbs, and I can bench a 45 and a 25 on each side for 6 or 7 reps at a time. Ive previously injured my shoulder playing soccer, so I dont want to try a max

nos_efx
11-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Any1 work out at the Univeristy?

Seen a lot of ppl there add on weights that I know they can't do and bring the weights down a good 35% of the way and pull back up...... if ya can't do the wait DONT PUT IT ON

Texas
12-01-2004, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by BloodBaneZXY
SO many of these numbers sound rigged..I'm sure there are the few ogres who can bust out those massive numbers, but the rest of them are probably one of the following:

1) Done on a vertical bench machine (it's much different fool :P)
2) Done on a smith machine (see above :P)
3) Done with a spotter that's doing heavy upright rows as you're benching :P
4) Done with bullshit half-reps, probably lowering 1/4th the way. These numbers better be touching your chest and back up (not bouncing either) eitherwise it's bs :P My trainer (when I had one) said to bring the bar an inch from your chest... I dont think that extra 4.x centimetres will make a difference for me.

I dont work out to look good.. I work out to stay in shape and not deteriorate.

Also, I rarely ever use cable machines... I would hate to see what happens when the fraying cables eventually let go.. I agree... it is not 100% accurate.

import_illusion
12-01-2004, 10:57 AM
i'm 150lbs, 5'8 and i bench 70lbs on each side; 3 sets of 10

Marsh
12-03-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Kirbs17
Hey, im 225 lbs, and I can bench a 45 and a 25 on each side for 6 or 7 reps at a time. Ive previously injured my shoulder playing soccer, so I dont want to try a max
How did you injure your shoulder playing soccer?

Boosted_TL
12-07-2004, 11:58 AM
Best as of December 04

315 LBS as a once max ( 3 plates a side )

265 LBS for 6 ( 2 plates and a 25 per side )

Usual dumbell routine. ( Flat bench )

100 LBS per arm for 10 reps
105 LBS per arm for 10 reps
120LBS per arm for 6 reps

I would do more but 120LB dumbells is the heaviest Gold's carry's.

EnRich
12-07-2004, 01:00 PM
Just remember I was one of the first ones to call BS on 90% of these ppl's claims:thumbsdow

I've been going pretty hard lately and I'm still only doing 100 lbs a side for 6 - 8

liquid1010
12-07-2004, 03:01 PM
LOL... this thread is hilarious. Most people aren't being, but i'll be completely honest on my bench. How some of you guys can be under 150lbs, and can bench like 180 is ummmmmm, yea.

one 45 plate on each side (7x), that's it.... but I've only been working out for 6 months. I weigh 155 lbs.

Boosted_TL
12-07-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by EnRich
Just remember I was one of the first ones to call BS on 90% of these ppl's claims:thumbsdow

I've been going pretty hard lately and I'm still only doing 100 lbs a side for 6 - 8

Good for you !!! It just so happens that I am working chest tonight and we go to the same Gold's..... So I will be wearing a grey sweater if you want to be put in your place....

People are different, why cant you come to realize that someone of a less weight can lift more than you.... Guess what, there are people out there that can lift more than me !!! I dont go around calling bullshit on what they can acheive..... My workout partner weights exactly 165LBS and he can lift almost indentically to what I do.... I weight 245......



Originally posted by liquid1010
LOL... this thread is hilarious. Most people aren't being, but i'll be completely honest on my bench. How some of you guys can be under 150lbs, and can bench like 180 is ummmmmm, yea.

one 45 plate on each side (7x), that's it.... but I've only been working out for 6 months. I weigh 155 lbs.

LOL, you know nothing...... Whats so hard to believe about lifting 30LBS over your own body weight ????

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that 70% of this website is children....



:drama: