PDA

View Full Version : WTB: A Car for Grad (rent)

W13
04-29-2004, 07:40 AM
As you probably know, grad 2004 is coming up- mine's on may 29th- and all the limos are booked. I was wondering if somebody has a nice ride I can rent for that day.

I was thinking:
- Navigator
- Escalade
- Any fast souped up car

And since the rules say I have to say a price, I was thinking in the ballpark of $150 per day.

Thanks,
W13

?????
04-29-2004, 07:46 AM
why do you need a FAST souped up car? :)

sputnik
04-29-2004, 07:48 AM
Good Luck!

Due to the fact that you are under 25, I think that any rental company wouldn't even rent you a car. I was once in Toronto on business and Budget ran out of cars and only had the Navigator and Mustang available and they couldnt rent it to me because I was under 25.

Also, I dont think ANYONE here would be stupid enough to lend/rent you their car for grad for you to trash and show off to your friends. Why else would you want a "fast souped up car"?

W13
04-29-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by ?????
why do you need a FAST souped up car? :)

By "FAST" I mean one of the known Fast cars- I dont really wanna go to grad in something like a stock honda civic :tongue:

Basically, I need something that looks good to be honest. Everything else doesn't even matter.

Also, just for the record, I dont drink (yep, not even on my grad), I dont smoke, do drugs, or anything stupid like that.

W13

W13
04-29-2004, 07:52 AM
EDIT:

Originally posted by W13

By "FAST" I mean one of the known Fast cars- I dont really wanna go to grad in something like a stock honda civic :tongue:

Basically, I need something that looks good to be honest. Everything else doesn't even matter.

Also, just for the record, I dont drink (yep, not even on my grad), I dont smoke, do drugs, or anything stupid like that.

=======

And by "souped up" I mean the exterior of the car (I dont know much about car modifcations btw).

And even the good cars from rental companies are all gone! (only cars left are things like sunfires! and I'd rather take the bus than one of those lol)

W13

rc2002
04-29-2004, 09:02 AM
A lot of guys on these boards don't even trust service technicians at dealerships to drive their cars into the garage. It might not be very realistic to have a stranger borrow their car for an entire night....

Try an exotic car rental place. Or go for a really really really long test drive with a nice car. :D

Gonthro
04-29-2004, 09:05 AM
yeah, goto GM and get an escalade on a 24 hour test drive :D

GT2NV
04-29-2004, 09:11 AM
theres no way anyone would lend you their car, especially not me

QuasarCav
04-29-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by W13
EDIT:

94 cavalier, you can't beat the originality!

i'll let you rev the shit out of it and you can put hood scoops and windshield washer nozzles on it.

500$ an hour:burnout:

TrevorK
04-29-2004, 09:14 AM
There's a guy in Edmonton who drove some people to their grad in his Porsche last year, might have better luck with that...

hatetank
04-29-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by black94gt

SinisterProbeGt
04-29-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by black94gt
:thumbsup:

jizzajames
04-29-2004, 12:15 PM
that's too funny.. and funnier that you say that you dont drink, or smoke, or do drugs... guess what... neither do i. but you know what i do enjoy?? my cousin lent me his saleen for grad, and i promised that i wouldnt drink or get it dirty... BUT I BAGGED THE SHIT OUT OF IT!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
all i gotta say is good fuckin luck.

hatetank
04-29-2004, 12:22 PM
And say someone was stupid enough to lend you it -- what about insurance?

You write off someone's Escalade, then what?

Khyron
04-29-2004, 02:24 PM
Pay someone to drive your ass around. Lots of people here like driving, have nice cars, so why not get paid too.

Khyron

davidI
04-29-2004, 02:28 PM
I saw a guy from Churchill at his grad ceremony who seemed very sober try to rip his car back out of a parking spot but instead he left it in Drive and when he floored it the car jumped over one of those concrete barriers. He then put it in reverse and drove back over it and there were broken plastic parts everywhere. It was a Benz convertible...don't remember the model or anything cuase this was probably 4 years ago but because of that I would never want to lend out my car!

hatetank
04-29-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
Pay someone to drive your ass around. Lots of people here like driving, have nice cars, so why not get paid too.

Khyron

Thats actually a really good idea for the kid -- pay someone a fee to taxi you around for the night in a pimp car. That way the owner doesn't have to worry about the car and the kid doesn't have to worry about driving.

charet
04-29-2004, 04:36 PM
ill let u rent my 1984 camaro
its a beast its really fast

izzoblitzo
04-29-2004, 04:40 PM
cool! driving around in a pimp car in a tux.

now that's []D [] []\/[] []D :bigpimp:

wanna rent a 78 lincoln continental? :D Hookers not included, and no funny stuff in the backseat. I'll provide you with a cane too if you want.. hehehe j/k:D

hendosa
04-29-2004, 06:27 PM
What day is your grad?

/////AMG
04-29-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by hendosa
What day is your grad?

Originally posted by W13
As you probably know, grad 2004 is coming up- mine's on may 29th- and all the limos are booked.

hendosa
04-29-2004, 07:39 PM
OOPS sorry....

I would offer to drive you in my dad's jaguar XJ6 but it would cost you....

W13
04-29-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by hendosa
OOPS sorry....

I would offer to drive you in my dad's jaguar XJ6 but it would cost you....

Ooo, what year is it?

Also:

ill let u rent my 1984 camaro
its a beast its really fast

Sorry but that car isn't too pretty (by looks)- and fast doesn't really matter cause I'll be going from my house, to my date's house, and then to telus convention center and back - lol, no race tracks or anything. But thanks for offering anyways.

W13

charet
04-29-2004, 09:19 PM
yo is this nav