PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Corolla GTS / AE86 model...where is it?

Frapp
04-29-2004, 11:48 AM
I've been looking into getting a project car for some time now, and I figured I'd try my hand at this fabled and apparently legendary vehicle. The only problem is, I can never find one within 800 miles of my location (Massachusetts, USA). Was this car made / shipped for everywhere else but the eastern US coast? All the eBay listings, For-Sale ads, and the like that I've found have them all out west: W. Canada, California, etc. I think the closest one I found was in Wisconsin.

Anybody have any information on this car, such as why I can't seem to find one within reasonable distance? :dunno: I just have no idea...

Seanith
04-29-2004, 04:15 PM
Cause its a mystical vehicle, always one step of potential buyers riding on the highway of hype.

Scat
04-29-2004, 04:21 PM
Supply and demand.
sparse supply - high demand

You do the math. Its gonna take time to find one.

spooky_08
04-29-2004, 04:25 PM
haha no offence but good luck finding one anywhere
it also depends on how much you want to spend ....\as of right now if you want one you'll be paying 4000-5000 or more dollars for one with minor rust. and chances are when you do find one someone will already have dibs on it you'll probably be better off buying a different car.
just my two cents
funny thing is black/ blue book value one a AE86 is only like 1000 or so ....due to the initial D craze you can't find one anywhere ..... but if you really want that car be dilegent and look hard and i don't give up