PDA

View Full Version : rally rice!

EarthWake_Audio
04-29-2004, 09:39 PM
this is a...special find...unfortunately i didn't get a front view but i saw this on deerfoot this morning....this fine piece of rally rice has 4-6 inch lights strap'd to the hood...

core_upt
04-29-2004, 09:49 PM
my guess is that the car is actually used for rally racing, hence ugly ass yet very practical extra lighting and ugly yet money-making decals.

kevie88
04-29-2004, 09:50 PM
Yep, I think that's a real rally car.. no rice there!

EarthWake_Audio
04-29-2004, 09:52 PM
understandable, but to make that...a daily driver? c'mon now...theres no need for that...

kevie88
04-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Do you see it every day? Maybe he was taking it somewhere to get it worked on or something.

O_J
04-29-2004, 10:28 PM
:werd:

crazydriver
04-29-2004, 10:33 PM
o hey yo, i saw that car last sunday up at center street as i was waiting for the bus, he looked like a normal commuter to me.. it was just 2 bad i didn't have the camera on me:banghead:

Ferio_vti
04-29-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by EarthWake_Audio
this is a...special find...unfortunately i didn't get a front view but i saw this on deerfoot this morning....this fine piece of rally rice has 4-6 inch lights strap'd to the hood...

I'd say that blue racing strip on your hood is pretty rice.

chukilabs
04-29-2004, 11:03 PM
rally!

Seanith
04-29-2004, 11:39 PM
If you saw an F1 car driving around you would holler rice as well? :dunno:

EarthWake_Audio
04-30-2004, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti

:werd:
but i know my truck is a piece of shit...i don't pretend its high end...its a winter beater...the fuckin thing doesn't even have door panels... atleast i can admit i drive a POS...but good call...the stripes definately have to go:thumbsup:

milesmcewing
04-30-2004, 06:28 AM
That is a real rally car, it has even won its class in a couple of events.

I drive my rally car on the street sometimes, most of us do, it is good PR for our upcoming event "The Rocky Mountain Rally"

http://www.bishop.ab.ca/CSCC/rocky/index.html
Go here for details!

We hope to see lots of people at Blackfoot supporting the event
Cheers
Miles

speedracer
04-30-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by EarthWake_Audio
understandable, but to make that...a daily driver? c'mon now...theres no need for that...

The car is insured and is drivable - why not? Good for promotions :) Awarness for Rocky Mountain Rally :)

Originally posted by Ferio_vti

But it caught your eye :thumbsup:

hjr
04-30-2004, 03:41 PM
i dont think race cars can really be too ricy. Most race cars in general have more unique paint jobs that would not really be appropriate for the street. So basically you are right, its a rally car, but wrong as its not rice

EarthWake_Audio
04-30-2004, 03:56 PM
my bad...sorry guys...i miss-read the situation...this is rally...not rally rice:whipped:

vincent-h
04-30-2004, 04:06 PM
if u ever see this guy again ask his number!

Seanith
04-30-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by vincent-h
if u ever see this guy again ask his number!
so you can ask him out on a date?

EarthWake_Audio
05-01-2004, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~

so you can ask him out on a date?

that was rough:D but good call...what the fuck for?

dkny_stylez
05-03-2004, 08:40 AM
niceeee!

ciscoboi
05-03-2004, 11:33 AM
Its my friend's car, he'll be at the Rocky Mtn Rally this year.... he's not on beyond but he does say "hello" to all of you.

CKY
05-03-2004, 12:04 PM
i think the term rice is quite mis-used these days, just because certains cars "attracts" more attention in a visual manner it gets called rice

Speed_Dreams
05-03-2004, 04:40 PM
Yes that car is a real rally car i was part of the Crew a few years ago for the tall pines rally.

whitenoise77
05-03-2004, 04:58 PM
DUDE!!! THAT'S MY CAR!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone. That's my 85 Corolla GTS rally car. AKA the legendary AE86.

My daily driver MR2T is in the shop right now. So it was either drive to work in my Corolla for 20 min, or take the bus for 1.5 hrs.

That car used to have alot more decals on it. I took off most of the decals in the back half of the car off already. Kal Tire is my sponser so I have to stick a great big sticker on back right above the rear wheels.

Rocky Mtn Rally is on Friday night May 28 and May 29 Sat. Friday night have 2 stages at Blackfoot motorcycle park at 7pm. It looks like the Sprongls will be there with a EVO. There will be a 2 STI rally cars, and there could be a Ford RS200 rally car imported from Europe that is signed my Colin McRae. Its going to be one of the biggest event in Alberta.
If you have time, come check it out on Fri. Sat's event is about 2 hours south of Calgary. I've marshalled there a few times. Richard came flying around a long corner at 140 kph sideways to the finish line.

I hope to see you rally fans out there!!

Kevin

EarthWake_Audio
05-03-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by whitenoise77
DUDE!!! THAT'S MY CAR!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone. That's my 85 Corolla GTS rally car. AKA the legendary AE86.

My daily driver MR2T is in the shop right now. So it was either drive to work in my Corolla for 20 min, or take the bus for 1.5 hrs.

That car used to have alot more decals on it. I took off most of the decals in the back half of the car off already. Kal Tire is my sponser so I have to stick a great big sticker on back right above the rear wheels.

Rocky Mtn Rally is on Friday night May 28 and May 29 Sat. Friday night have 2 stages at Blackfoot motorcycle park at 7pm. It looks like the Sprongls will be there with a EVO. There will be a 2 STI rally cars, and there could be a Ford RS200 rally car imported from Europe that is signed my Colin McRae. Its going to be one of the biggest event in Alberta.
If you have time, come check it out on Fri. Sat's event is about 2 hours south of Calgary. I've marshalled there a few times. Richard came flying around a long corner at 140 kph sideways to the finish line.

I hope to see you rally fans out there!!

Kevin

sorry bro, didn't mean to cut up your car, but i know there are quite a few guys in the city who are wanna be rally stars...my bad. are you gonna hold a grudge?:dunno:

whitenoise77
05-04-2004, 10:09 AM
I'm not mad earthwake, I'm more surprise that a pic of my car made it on the internet. I dont have any pics of me in action during auto-x events. :D

EarthWake_Audio
05-04-2004, 10:19 AM
nice....
:thumbsup: