PDA

View Full Version : spring noise

evylgrynn
10-13-2002, 08:45 PM
hi,

I recently got a camber kit installed on my car, ever since it has been installed I can hear the springs compressing and decompressing, which I could never hear before, it is pretty loud and I can hear it every time I hit a bump. Does anyone else notice this in their cars? Or does anyone know why this would be happening?

4wheeldrift
10-13-2002, 10:01 PM
What kind of suspension are you running? springs and struts/shocks? what type of camber plates? a lot of camber plates use metal pillow ball mounts, which can make them quite noisy. If this isn't the case, its possible your car is underdamped for your springs, so the car is riding the bumpstops when the suspension is fully compressed. Some companies make a rubber tape you can put over the coils to stop them from clanging together like that, but that might only be a band-aid fix.

T5_X
10-14-2002, 12:20 AM
if you're bangin up against the bumpstops, just trim them down or replace them with some urethane ones :)

evylgrynn
10-27-2002, 09:53 AM
it doesn't sound like they are banging against anything, just a creaking noise when I go over a bump. The kit is a Progress camber kit, and there are lowering springs and stock shocks in there. Sorry I don't know what kind of springs.
As far as being underdamped, there was no noise before I got the kit installed, just since then.