PDA

View Full Version : How to Clean an LCD Screen

ThE tV 8 mE
04-30-2004, 09:00 PM
Alright, we've got this laptop, and the screen is SOO dirty. What do you guys use to clean it? I've tried water, my glasses cleaner, both of which smear. I can't seem to find somethign that works. I was at the sony store today, and they tried selling me a product made by Monster. Is it any good?

xkon
04-30-2004, 09:06 PM
I use a static free LCD cleaner that i got from staples..

i was told NEVER to use windex, the ammonia will actually be absorbed by the screen and distort its color

gpomp
04-30-2004, 11:28 PM
I use water?

ThE tV 8 mE
05-01-2004, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
I use water?

really? cuz water smears all over on mine laptop!

1-Bar
05-01-2004, 09:23 AM
Monster cleaner :thumbsup: I work at the Sony store. This stuff at first I thought was bogus, $29.99 for a bottle. But we got a free sample from monster and I tried it out. Thing works wonders. Comes w/ a microfiber cloth so it doesn't scratch and the liquid is non-abrasive (vs. Windex that will actually eat your screen) non-streaking and non-dripping....also when you use it it provides a little protective coat that lasts a lil bit from finger prints and such.

I use it on everything, from my eye glasses to my rear view mirror...lol

Hope that helps....

EK 2.0
05-01-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
Monster cleaner :thumbsup: I work at the Sony store. This stuff at first I thought was bogus, $29.99 for a bottle. But we got a free sample from monster and I tried it out. Thing works wonders. Comes w/ a microfiber cloth so it doesn't scratch and the liquid is non-abrasive (vs. Windex that will actually eat your screen) non-streaking and non-dripping....also when you use it it provides a little protective coat that lasts a lil bit from finger prints and such.

I use it on everything, from my eye glasses to my rear view mirror...lol

Hope that helps....

I must agree with everything he said...I tired the cleaner out and bought some just for my eye-glasses...GO MONSTER...

Use it on tv's LCD's such as data-logging palm pilots, laptops, cell phones...its amazing...

ThE tV 8 mE
05-01-2004, 11:00 AM
alright! Thanks guys! Looks like monster is the way to go! :thumbsup:

bigboom
05-01-2004, 11:03 AM
i use this fellowes wipe that you can get from places like staples. it has a two step process a wet wipe and a dry wipe...works like a charm.

ThE tV 8 mE
05-01-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
i use this fellowes wipe that you can get from places like staples. it has a two step process a wet wipe and a dry wipe...works like a charm.

how much is it?

SwitchBlade
05-01-2004, 01:06 PM
Water and vengenace :thumbsup: :drama: