PDA

View Full Version : so i got rear ended

ApexDrift
05-01-2004, 02:31 PM
alright so i get rear ended on wednesday by a semi truck, but amazingly the damage to my car is very minimal, bumpers a little shifted, scratches on the bumper, and both mufflers a little lose.
i went to mazda for a estimate and in total for the original exhaust its going to cost $1108 to repair, but i was originaly looking to upgrade my exhaust anyways, i was planning to get the apexi N1 dual exhaust which is going to cost 1028 or less depending on where i buy it...

now heres my question, can i just get the semi trucks insurence company to buy me the N1 exhaust system or do i have to go with the original mazda parts?... is there any way they can just give me the money so i can do what ever the hell i want with it?...

never been in an accident before, so im kind a flying blind here

any help would be great!

RickDaTuner
05-01-2004, 02:38 PM
yeah you can get the Insurance to give you money. all you have to so is get an esimate for the work that needs to be done, then pass it on to the truckers insurance and they will give you a check. since you were hit, the ball is in your court and you can make the insurance company bend over your knee so to speak

Weapon_R
05-01-2004, 02:44 PM
Remember, they CAN offer you a little less money if you decide to take the cash and run with it.

legereandrew4
05-01-2004, 02:55 PM
cant you be sewed by the opposite insurence co. if you use the money for any thing else other than the damage?

Gonthro
05-01-2004, 04:40 PM
he would be repairing the damage witht he cash, just he would be chipping in some of his own cash and getting better parts for it.

turbo_equiped
05-01-2004, 05:04 PM
yea i think get an estimate..!!
give to truckers insurance and get the money! and do whatever with it!
you can even go eat mcdonalds!! if u want!!
lol
or you can go to a lawyer and sue them claiming you got injuries when you were rear ended...!!

hyperwhite
05-01-2004, 09:09 PM
hey tubo_equiped, your sig was dancing to my music! lol. but ya, i don't think the insurance company would care because the apexi exhaust is cheaper.

eb0i
05-02-2004, 12:51 PM
how'd you get rear ended?

did he just not stop in time, or did you cut him off?

ApexDrift
05-02-2004, 02:34 PM
i just turned out of sunridge mazda and was going to turn on to 32 west bound, i was waiting to turn then BOOM hit once, looked back and it was a 18 wheeler:eek: there were still cars coming so i couldnt turn, then BOOOM he hit me again! finaly the cars passed then i booked it through the intersection then stopped a little ways up... the truck stopped, the driver got out and the first thing he said was "I DIDNT TOUCH YOU, I DIDNT SEE YOU" i almost lost it on him... i had a passenger in the car so theres my witness, exchanged info then drove off... thats it

anyone recommend a good shop that does mechanincal and body inspection?...