PDA

View Full Version : Sony CyberShot DSCT1

RiCE-DaDDy
05-02-2004, 02:03 AM
The top of the line slim/compact digicam from Sony

How you guys feel bout this one?

http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/servlet/ProductDetailDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=170166&navigationPath=32090n47385

EK 2.0
05-02-2004, 02:23 AM
Honestly, you can get WAY better camera's at a WAY better price point...the T1, although a very sweet looking camera is just that...it doesnt take good pics at all, for the price you are paying you can step up into an entry-level Sont "prosumer" camera...

The new P93 is a much, much better camera for 2/3rd's the price...PM myself or 1-Bar if you have any other questions...as we both work for Sony, and can let you know what camera might best suit your needs, if you want a Sony that is...

Arif.

RiCE-DaDDy
05-02-2004, 04:20 PM
I'm askin as I can get a deal for it

roughly around $750 including a 128mb memstick duo

EK 2.0
05-02-2004, 04:36 PM
Hmmmmm...its a good camera at that price with the supplied Memory Stick...but honestly, it will not offer you super amazing pictures man, it is more of an asthetic camera...

Importz
05-02-2004, 06:04 PM
You guys sure this camera dont take good pics??? I read the reviews and its not that bad.....Well mine should be here tomorrow I will post pics and you guys decide.....

EK 2.0
05-02-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by importz
You guys sure this camera dont take good pics??? I read the reviews and its not that bad.....Well mine should be here tomorrow I will post pics and you guys decide.....

if you compare both the T1 and for example the P93, the P93 is way less moola, but will provide much better pictures, comparing both side to side...

max_boost
05-02-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
I'm askin as I can get a deal for it

roughly around $750 including a 128mb memstick duo Can you get two? LOL
You got hookups?

RiCE-DaDDy
05-03-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Can you get two? LOL
You got hookups?

maybe, but I doubt it

Importz
05-03-2004, 04:27 PM
well just got it...let me fool around it some more and post nicer pics....

Importz
05-03-2004, 04:27 PM
:D

RiCE-DaDDy
05-04-2004, 01:25 AM
Well, I just got mine also and it is pretty cool

I see now why its not as good (pic quality wise), but personally its good enough for me also, it is also very small and slim so that kinda makes up for it.

I don't think i would of got it w/o the deal tho

Importz
05-04-2004, 01:30 AM
^^ Hey dude have you figured out all the settings yet.....I cant seem to get a very nice pics.....what settings do you have it set right now....

max_boost
05-04-2004, 11:34 AM
The great thing about this camera is how compact it is, can easily carry it in your pocket:thumbsup: But I don't get how it can be so expensive and take crappy pics?:confused:

EG STyLeZ
05-04-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
The great thing about this camera is how compact it is, can easily carry it in your pocket:thumbsup: But I don't get how it can be so expensive and take crappy pics?:confused:

it's so expensive because you're paying for the tiny size, not necessarily the picture quality. usually with small compact cameras, the tradeoff is pic quality.,

1-Bar
05-04-2004, 10:35 PM
The DSCT1 is a great small camera...that's it. The pictures are not really that good with the price your paying. As EG_Styles said your paying more for size than performance.

The reason why the camera takes poor pics is that it has a very tiny lens. How can you can enough light to that CCD chip to produce a good picture....you can't. Even though it is a Carl Zeiss lens, the amout of light going thorugh it is not enough. Another reason that this camera is not worth $849 retail is because the flash is too close to the lens, thus you get more chances of red eye.....

Ask CivicDXR about lens size. He has an old Sony digi cam at 2.0 mega pixels, but still blows away the newer Sony models because his lens size is ~20mm compared to ~10mm

The pics you posted look alright, but they are not of original compression therefore not accurate...if you take the T1 at 5.0 mega pixel and I take the exact same photo with the DSCV1, I will show you the differnece in clarity and color....actually, I'll do it tomorrow at work. You guys can PM me if you wanna see....

Also those pics you can see the fuzzyness around the hard edges of the box and also the "Zeiss" logo on the bottom right....

BTW $749 is a smoking deal w/ a 128mb memory stick!! But I would have waited for the DSCW1 IMO....

Importz
05-05-2004, 06:24 AM
hmm....I dont know...after playin around with it for a bit....this camera is not to bad....well......i guess its good enough for me....here is a another sample pic....

1-Bar
05-05-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by importz
hmm....I dont know...after playin around with it for a bit....this camera is not to bad....well......i guess its good enough for me....here is a another sample pic....

Well as long as your pleased with it then its :thumbsup: I've been working w/ these things for 2 years now and I'm really picky about stuff....

sputnik
05-20-2004, 02:39 PM
The DSC-T1 is $749 at Don's Photo on 17th Ave SW... (ask for Derrick and tell him Jason sent you).

I still cant believe that people shop at Vistek (its $849 there) :nut: