PDA

View Full Version : Help on polishing Valve Cover

GT2NV
10-14-2002, 10:27 AM
Well Right now its a slowwww process as you can see ive kinda started on the upper half and gone through 2 seperate grits but its not getting as shiney as i wish, any other tools, or abrasives you could suggest to help??? t/y :D

Redlyne_mr2
10-14-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by black94gt
Well Right now its a slowwww process as you can see ive kinda started on the upper half and gone through 2 seperate grits but its not getting as shiney as i wish, any other tools, or abrasives you could suggest to help??? t/y :D
start at like 900 grit and work your way up, it is a tideous process but is worth the work, use a jewek polish after you have completed the sanding procedures and you will have a mirror finish you can be proud of...from personal experience the polished look will not last forever it will oxidize again so it does take constant maintenance...what i'll be doing is having everything ceramic coated then polished...it will last way longer if not forever and will increase my thermal efficiency..just something to think about..hope it helps:thumbsup:

civic_rida
10-14-2002, 08:06 PM
Looks like alot of work , i know from experince. But in the end it will be worth it