PDA

View Full Version : How long would it take me too die

Redlyne_mr2
06-06-2002, 03:59 PM
I need speed this summer and with the car in the shop for a while I need something othr than my civic to get me around, I have never ridden a street bike before, how hard are they to ride and how cary do they get. I have no problem with speed, its the instability and the fact that nothing srrounds you. If I gt one Id try to be as tame as possible for the first month or so but I know once I got comfortable on it I'd be trying to do tricks and other shit. Should I think about a bike?

Ben
06-06-2002, 04:08 PM
If I was you, take a motorcycle course man, they are only a couple hundred bucks, and it may save your life more than once!

Fluidic
06-06-2002, 04:48 PM
Do it man... fuck yah man... DO IT!!!

WOOT WOOT!!!

Bikes rock.... LIFE ROCKS!!!!!!!

Weapon_R
06-06-2002, 04:48 PM
If you can drive standard, you can drive a bike. Shifting is like in a car, i'm learning how to ride as we speak from a friend who has one. They are fun as hell and the rush u get from giving the bike is unlike anything i've ever experienced.

Redlyne_mr2
06-06-2002, 05:00 PM
I've been learning how to do wheelies, endos, jesus christs, and a pile of othr tricks I dont know the names to. I do it in my backyard on my old dirt bike, I would love to see the look n your guy's faces when you see me going in the opposite direction on Macleod standing on the seat of my sport bike.

Fat Dave
06-06-2002, 05:29 PM
Dirt biking is about the best training you can do for motorcycle driving and racing. I raced bikes for a few years back in the late 80's (open and 750's), and the best training there was for getting the bike to do what you wanted it to do at the extremes was hopping on a dirt bike and riding hard.

You're well on your way :thumbsup:

However, if I see you standing on your seat on McLeod, I'll be paying you a visit. :nut:

Just watch out for the cagers (car/truck drivers) - they are by far your biggest threat (discounting you standing on your seat or similar schtuff).

It's a good idea to take the course - they'll help you with the road aspect of things (what part of the road to ride in, etc), and it can help insurance as well.

Redlyne_mr2
06-06-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Fat Dave
Dirt biking is about the best training you can do for motorcycle driving and racing. I raced bikes for a few years back in the late 80's (open and 750's), and the best training there was for getting the bike to do what you wanted it to do at the extremes was hopping on a dirt bike and riding hard.

You're well on your way :thumbsup:

However, if I see you standing on your seat on McLeod, I'll be paying you a visit. :nut:

Just watch out for the cagers (car/truck drivers) - they are by far your biggest threat (discounting you standing on your seat or similar schtuff).

It's a good idea to take the course - they'll help you with the road aspect of things (what part of the road to ride in, etc), and it can help insurance as well.
Are you an officer dude? It's pretty cool to be able to share a site with one if you are!
Take it easy

Fat Dave
06-06-2002, 05:42 PM
Nope, I'm not a cop, just seen too many stupid accidents caused by friends showing off.