PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic Tires

Khyron
05-03-2004, 01:14 PM
Pretty damn cool:

http://msnvideo.msn.com/video/default.aspx?replace=31d0acee-2883-486c-929d-b58a11fe0c8f&autoStart=0&setcp=b

Basically the guys have invented 100% non-rubber tires that can run for 100s of miles flat, are 100 percent recyclable and are one piece/mold.

Khyron

Gonthro
05-03-2004, 01:21 PM
thats kickass...

tires are overpriced and dont lats long enough IMO

Ridelikeme
05-05-2004, 02:39 PM
thats pretty cool... but u do realize that it wont hit canada for another 10 years atleast even if the states gets it in the next year or 2... just like we never got the gaterade water... or the coolaid bottles...... bastards

hjr
05-05-2004, 05:18 PM
so will these tires be available in similar compound fashion as normal tires? like all season, winter, high performance, that sort of thing.

africano
05-05-2004, 06:39 PM
yeah, i'm wondering that too. Also the traction on them. Wondering what a burnout will look like with synthetic tires?:burnout: prob less smoke:dunno:

Zero102
05-05-2004, 09:36 PM
LOL, one of the first questions, what would a burnout look like.

Sorry, I thought that was funny.

Anyhoo, synthetic tires would be nice, but I am pretty skeptical about the durability, environmental impact, functionality, etc. of the tires. I as well wonder if they could make winter synthetic tires.

Khyron
05-05-2004, 11:21 PM
Actually the scary part is you can have any color. So yellow or red tires leaving yellow or red burnouts. Fashion Police beware.

Khyron

barmanjay
05-05-2004, 11:49 PM
LOL, that would be just plain WRONG to have coloured tires!!!

But I do wonder about the longevity, how many kms would they be rated, at what top speeds and etc.

But the overall Idea is awesome!!! Reminds me of skateboard wheels!...... actually I take My first statement back,.... polished chrome rims and CLEAR tires,...... that would be real eye catching.

If they are in any way like skateboard wheels, they wouldn't last very long,.... but the traction would be incredible, but,..... what bout extreme weather,...extreme heat? would they melt on hot pavement? or extreme cold? will they become too brittle?