PDA

View Full Version : 5 month till 17 . need information!

spenny
05-03-2004, 03:16 PM
basically im going to be learning to drive soon and i need to know some stuff.

1. What is a good first car? i want something stylish like a 2 seater etc. (i know nothing about cars) It needs to less than £3000

2. where can i learn more about cars, how they work, what all the specifications mean etc.

any help would be appreciated

QuasarCav
05-03-2004, 03:18 PM
you guys get screwed in the UK!!

DOT's every year, crazy gas prices.

I advise you to buy a pedal-bike;)

you'll probably find more info on a UK site

AquamosH
05-03-2004, 03:21 PM
To learn more about how engines and car related things work, go to www.howthingswork.com. You can also do some searches on this website.

I would help you out with trying to choose a car, but I'm not quite sure about what's available on your side of the world. I think for anyone's first car, however, it should be something you wouldn't mind too much if it got banged up a bit.

rc2002
05-03-2004, 03:58 PM
Buy an older style Mini. Those cars are supposed to be super fun to drive. And good on gas too!

hjr
05-03-2004, 04:39 PM
the selection of cars in the UK is quite different. Also pricing is a bit different as well. Try looking for an something like this http://autotrader.co.uk/ and other such sites.

Weapon_R
05-03-2004, 04:58 PM
We won't be able to make a recommendation for you. Most of us are in Calgary, Canada. When I was in England, there were SO many makes that I never recognized, nor remember today.