PDA

View Full Version : Interior Cleaning

maximus
05-03-2004, 08:17 PM
Anyone ever use those carpet cleaner things you can rent from places like Safeway to clean their interior?? Just wondering if it works well on seats and such.

3G
05-03-2004, 08:25 PM
you mean RugDoctor?

b16Ateg
05-03-2004, 08:51 PM
ya they worrk swell

Ferio_vti
05-03-2004, 09:46 PM
I have a Bissel Lil' Green Machine. Works great.
$100 at Costco

How much is it to rent a cleaner from Safeway?

eb0i
05-04-2004, 12:13 PM
It's relatively cheap to rent from safeway, something like $25. Solution for it is about $22. Oh and there's a $10 deposit.

Weapon_R
05-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Here's a little tip:

The carwash on 32nd Avenue NE (right next to Impressions) has a built in shampoo machine. You can use this for way less than it would cost to rent a Rug Doctor. It'll probably cost you 10-15, but its much more convenient, and industrial sized. Besides, the Rug Doctor is going to be a bitch to get into your car :D

Mckenzie
05-04-2004, 12:24 PM
Another cheap route to try is Canadian Tire. They have a product made by turtle wax and it is a rug and carpet cleaner.

It has a little brush on the end and when you press the nozzle, foam comes out and you rub it into the carpet. Much easier than working with a big vaccum and it is only about $9 for a can I think.

Its in a red can in the auto section.

maximus
05-04-2004, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the reply guys! I actually rented the rug doctor tonight. Theres also a shampoo machine at the wash off Crowchild but I went to look at it and I don't think it will work as good as the rug doctor. RD has an attachment that is pretty easy to use. The good thing too is you can take your seats out as I did at home in the garage. :thumbsup:

I would recommend to anyone to use this. With all the supplies it cost $41.55 for 48hrs. What me and my friend did was split the cost of the machine. If you do a full car you would probably need the whole bottle of soap. We are going to do a couple of cars with it so it turns out pretty cheap! Works real well too!!

:burnout: