PDA

View Full Version : Flame's AE86 Corolla GTS

jennyanniemary
05-04-2004, 11:50 AM
hehehe. Just wanted to share some pics I found. This guy painted a Flame's logo on his AE86, What a waste of a 86. This is the link
http://public.fotki.com/erick7532/
Showing support for the Flames.

hjr
05-04-2004, 11:58 AM
well that is gay, but each to their own

Ben
05-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Thats awesome, good for them!

Some friends and I decorated a Rental car yest. I'll have pics tonight ;)

haha

ZorroAMG
05-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Bwahahaha all that effort and they couldn't even center it properly:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ninjak84
05-04-2004, 12:02 PM
i think that's cool.... at least they did a good job on it instead of using a paint brush or something.

WGR4Pussies
05-04-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Bwahahaha all that effort and they couldn't even center it properly:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Spyderman_MaryJ
05-04-2004, 04:52 PM
Nice! :thumbsup:

I've got a white Pontiac if you wanna do an away jersey?!:D

*edit*sorry white is away.. my bad

sexualbanana
05-04-2004, 04:58 PM
That's actually a good flaming C. Other ones I've seen barely even look like a C.

jennyanniemary
05-04-2004, 05:40 PM
:thumbsup: ya i think its decent enough. he did spray paint his car just for the hell of it, how many of us would actually do that? not me, extra points cuz its a ae86 :thumbsup:

C4S
05-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Nice ! actually .. why not ? it is not a new car, it is just a near 20 old "nice" car !

Good thing is, it is red ! :D

If I am Flames' fan, I will do the same thing to my old Honda !

CelicaST-162
05-04-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by jennyanniemary
:thumbsup: ya i think its decent enough. he did spray paint his car just for the hell of it, how many of us would actually do that? not me, extra points cuz its a ae86 :thumbsup:

That AE86 is not in the greatest of shape and the paint was oxidized. So I think those guys would not have really cared. Props to them supporting the big C...go flames go!

M_Power
05-04-2004, 06:58 PM
:thumbsup: nice to see how enthusiastic the city is over the playoffs, I just hope it continues into next year if we get eliminated.

Ferio_vti
05-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Spyderman_MaryJ
Nice! :thumbsup:

I've got a white Pontiac if you wanna do a home jersey?!:D

Umm, aren't white jerseys now for visiting teams now??

dcoultis
05-04-2004, 07:11 PM
who gives a shit its a SR5 AE86

GingeRRRBeef
05-04-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by dcoultis

if you don't give a shit then don't open your mouth ...

/////AMG
05-04-2004, 07:38 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Spyderman_MaryJ
05-04-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti

Umm, aren't white jerseys now for visiting teams now??

Yeah, as soon as I re-read this I realized my bad :confused:

Dj_Stylz
05-04-2004, 08:17 PM
That looks wicked

method
05-04-2004, 09:06 PM
it's not a ferrari you tools, its an old corolla.

OMG AE86 OMFG SO GOODOMFOMGOMDFKHFSD :rolleyes:

jennyanniemary
05-04-2004, 10:06 PM
i agree! but then what can we do there is always some one posting threds that opposes everyone else. the funny thing is it is not a SR5, its GTS fitted with a few SR5 parts like the corner lights, grill, and hood... that guy is proably one of the most knowledgable person on 4ags, corolla... he current has 2 86s ture one of them is a sr5 but the one is the pic is a GTS (he use to have one more). there is also nothing wrong with a sr5 when the motors are swap it makes no difference, sr5s (4ac) are usually driven less hard which mean the t50 trany is better shape all u need is a bell hosuing and u can swap in a 4ag (blue top, red top, 20v...) sure sr5s have drum back but then shoes dont drag and there is no seizing of the rear calipers which are common in the rear disk application.... proably lighter too with less accessories...

Originally posted by Silver_SpecV

if you don't give a shit then don't open your mouth ...

Originally posted by dcoultis

chukilabs
05-04-2004, 10:18 PM
I think it's awsome to see what people do during playoffs. I would'nt do that to my ae but he did and it looks great.
:thumbsup:

nosegrindR
05-04-2004, 10:25 PM
whoopty doo,

at most it's just a wrecked ae86 hood, those things are a dime a dozen at pick your part

jennyanniemary
05-04-2004, 10:34 PM
its may be a wrecked hood and they may be worth a dim but i doubt u can even find one. if u can i know ppl that will buy every single scrap 86 u can find them. plus the main topic is suppose to be supporting the flames not argueing about how dumb this guy is and what he did to his car, arnt u proud of the city and the team that plays for us?

Originally posted by nosegrindR
whoopty doo,

at most it's just a wrecked ae86 hood, those things are a dime a dozen at pick your part

nosegrindR
05-04-2004, 10:39 PM
its may be a wrecked hood and they may be worth a dim but i doubt u can even find one. if u can i know ppl that will buy every single scrap 86 u can find them. plus the main topic is suppose to be supporting the flames not argueing about how dumb this guy is and what he did to his car, arnt u proud of the city and the team that plays for us?

oh i'm fully rootin for the flames, don't get me wrong!

I was replying to some of the earlier posts stating how it was a waste of a car, when in essence it's only the hood being pseudo-destroyed.

edit: ae86's are beautiful cars, and yes parts are hard to find...if you're lookin for a hood pm me i might be able to find one for you.:thumbsup:

szw
05-06-2004, 01:58 PM
I see this guy doing donuts in the NW all the time. :burnout: :burnout:

GTS Jeff
05-07-2004, 07:57 AM
why is everyone getting so worked up over some rusty old corolla?

jennyanniemary
05-07-2004, 11:11 AM
:dunno: why do ppl get worked up over shiny new exotics?

Originally posted by GTS Jeff

method
05-07-2004, 06:54 PM
because they're awesome cars, in comparison to a rusty old corolla.

even if the drums weigh less, the 2 pounds or so would be ridiculously offset by the braking advantage of disc brakes.

the elitest attitude that surrounds corollas of all things is ridiculous. I remember people like Moto and others trying to act like buying into the 'ae86 culture' was equivalent to that of a ferrari.

what a joke. :thumbsdow

Redlyne_mr2
05-07-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by method

even if the drums weigh less, the 2 pounds or so would be ridiculously offset by the braking advantage of disc brakes.

the elitest attitude that surrounds corollas of all things is ridiculous. I remember people like Moto and others trying to act like buying into the 'ae86 culture' was equivalent to that of a ferrari.

:werd: :werd: :werd: Thats one thing I hate about the ae86 scene is all of these elitets who think that the corolla gts is the end all be all of sports cars and for that they're total stuck up fags about it. Wow you bought a $2000 car good for you:rolleyes:

jennyanniemary
05-07-2004, 08:20 PM
I agree and dont agree. The scene is gay now, but its not caused by elitets, its caused by magazines, drift compitetions, and dumb kids who think they are cool cuz they can roast tires in a parking lot and call it drifting. The scene was only cool way way back when initial-d was only a comic book in b/w(before the cg cartoon, before the arcade game....) Same with the 240, i am kinda sick of those 2 cars now cuz too many dumb asses own them and created this drift scene shit. Dont get me wrong, oversteering is fun.(a mustang with a 302 can take every coner sideways alot easier, hehe) Also the prices for these cars are all screwed up now cuz of these ppl, these cars are worth 500-1500 at most, not 16g(i dont care is u put a 20v in it and put fender flares on it and painted it, its is not worth that much).....

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

:werd: :werd: :werd: Thats one thing I hate about the ae86 scene is all of these elitets who think that the corolla gts is the end all be all of sports cars and for that they're total stuck up fags about it. Wow you bought a $2000 car good for you:rolleyes:

jennyanniemary
05-07-2004, 08:28 PM
-rusty old cars can be restored (just cut out most the toyota sheet metal and replace it, haha)
-u dont need rear braking effiency when u want to tranfer your weight to the front of the vehicle
-if u can create a scene and have pll follows u, then why not
-i would trade 1 ferrari for 50-100 corollas, let me rephrase that if i had a few hundre gs i would get a many corollas instead of one ferrari

Originally posted by method

GTS Jeff
05-08-2004, 05:29 AM
:dunno: why do ppl get worked up over shiny new exotics?

cuz they are shiny and new. even corolla owners want to make their corollas shiny and new looking.

A_3
05-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Everyones getting into the spirit it's great, did up my car at the beginning of round 2 (window marker), still going strong through three rain storms, you can't really see the huge go flames go on the back but i thought the flames on the hood and side were a nice touch!

jennyanniemary
05-10-2004, 08:20 PM
nice ride u got there

Originally posted by A_3
Everyones getting into the spirit it's great, did up my car at the beginning of round 2 (window marker), still going strong through three rain storms, you can't really see the huge go flames go on the back but i thought the flames on the hood and side were a nice touch!

GDCivicSi
05-11-2004, 01:24 PM
Use Vinly Graphics next time!
Takes about 2 minutes to put on and looks 10 times nicer.

method
05-11-2004, 04:55 PM
-rusty old cars can be restored (just cut out most the toyota sheet metal and replace it, haha)
-u dont need rear braking effiency when u want to tranfer your weight to the front of the vehicle
-if u can create a scene and have pll follows u, then why not
-i would trade 1 ferrari for 50-100 corollas, let me rephrase that if i had a few hundre gs i would get a many corollas instead of one ferrari

have you ever replaced sheetmetal on an 'ae86'? I have. it's a pain in the ass, and it's a waste of time. to restore a car properly you're going to be spending more than 2000 dollars. 2000 dollars down the fucking drain on a corolla.

you don't need rear braking efficiency? oh why not save the weight and just remove your rear brakes all together? :rolleyes:
why dont lemans cars use rear drums? you might be on to something there... :rofl:

I would rather buy a nice house than 50-100 little shacks.

Owned 2
05-11-2004, 05:49 PM
hahahaha, everyone is getting so angry... your losing the "Spirit" that the owner of the corrola obviously has.

I dont know, I like it, and I would do it to mine if I had a spare T2 hood or if they were cheap.... but there not. A corrola on the other hand, you can pick up 100's of hoods at pick ur part.

And as for finding a AE86, CelicaST-162 and I have. We've found many cars, and most were, or are being sold for cheap. We told a friend about the AE86 and he went and picked it up for 150$, and is happily driving it without any problems.

Some people look at old cars and see just that, an old, rusty, POS car. Others see and and have dreams and see great potential... it is all to the eyes of the beholder.

GO FLAMES GO!

CKY
05-12-2004, 01:24 AM
A__3 nice ride buudy :thumbsup:

SinisterProbeGt
05-18-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

Thats what we said to you.

GT2NV
05-18-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt

Thats what we said to you. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WGR4Pussies
05-19-2004, 10:11 AM
lol, you people make me laugh. you argue like friends, except on the internet, hahaha.