PDA

View Full Version : Another reason why I don't feel bad about downloading free music from the internet

Redlyne_mr2
05-04-2004, 06:34 PM
So I bought a cd for girlRACER and I to listen to in her car, it was the first cd I have purchased in a long time. Homemade Mix cd's are all I usually ever listen to. Anyways the first track of the cd was a bunch of talking and gay comments, ok fine it's an intro no big deal but then after the first musical track more talking and mumbling. Anyways, basically every second track was a bloody Interlude that went on forever!! Nobody cares about the humidity on the tropic islands or how you like to read, I bought the cd to listen to music, which ended up being shitty anyways, the 20 minutes worth of useless interludes just made it worse. Back to the burner for me, no more gay interludes

air_mikey
05-04-2004, 06:40 PM
:werd: i agree. why did artists start doing those in the first place? its not like it does any good.

ThE tV 8 mE
05-04-2004, 06:54 PM
what cd was it?

Redlyne_mr2
05-04-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by ThE tV 8 mE
what cd was it?
I'd rather not say haha

GingeRRRBeef
05-04-2004, 07:14 PM
Janet Jackson :dunno:

Redlyne_mr2
05-04-2004, 07:16 PM
Shit :rofl:

topher91
05-04-2004, 07:20 PM
Janet Jackson's CD's have always been like that almost since the second CD she's had. Kinda like her dumb tradition?? :dunno:

GingeRRRBeef
05-04-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Shit :rofl:

heh busted!

finboy
05-04-2004, 08:10 PM
i've cut back on cd buying because there is SO much crap in the market right now.

the kanye west cd was a good purchase though, a few skits but all around good cd.

Fluidic
05-04-2004, 09:04 PM
D12 does that a lot on their CD's... it's ok though... follows the story/music line.

But yah... burning or bust. :)

Shaolin
05-04-2004, 09:26 PM
the usher and BEP cd i thought was pretty good.. downloaded them and bought them..

CKY
05-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV

heh busted!

:rofl:

rage2
05-05-2004, 09:24 AM
Just be glad the CD's actually WORK in her SLK. A lot of copy protected CD's will give you random sounds, in which case you have to rip the CD on the computer and burn it to a CDR to play it.

Ben
05-05-2004, 09:44 AM
I burn before I buy.

I check the cd out first and if its worth the money I buy it.

For example. Paul Van Dyk - Reflections. Burned it first, love it, and so now I will buy it (real storebought cds play better in my POS deck)

However other CD's with garbage on them, screw it...they are not competing against other artists anymore, they're competeing against blank CD suppliers. They want to stop piracy, put out better stuff. Buying a CD for 1 song licks.

sputnik
05-05-2004, 10:01 AM
the Wyclef/Fugees interludes were always pretty good

The EquAzn
05-05-2004, 10:33 AM
I personally love the interludes, some are hilarious and some are some deep shit... actually, that's kind of the reason I buy some CDs too!

Guess I'm weird like that... As long as the interludes don't suck, i don't mind them at all.

Tony Touch Peicemaker pt 2 has awesome interludes
Prince Paul, Politics of the business actually has Dave Chappelle doing 2 of his interludes.

hyperwhite
05-05-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Ben
For example. Paul Van Dyk - Reflections. Burned it first, love it, and so now I will buy it

good call, its a great cd. i burn most of the time because alot of the CDs i want have to be shipped over from europe. and also, paying 20 bucks for one good song blows!

Ben
05-05-2004, 10:53 PM
Ok, Ryan, you were right, the interludes of Janets CD I had to suffer through are about as fun as taking a cheeze grater to your knee.

Zephyr
05-06-2004, 12:05 AM
I download a cd first then buy it normally unless its a band i started liking since their first cd...then i buy their cds regardless of how shitty they get album after album... i still download like a bitch, i should stop, im going to start a policy every 7 cds i download the 8th one ill buy a real cd... ugh its a bad addiction....

Go mp3 cd players! :clap:

Ben
05-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Zephyr

Go mp3 cd players! :clap:

Damn Strait! 150 songs! W00t!

Fluidic
05-06-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Ben
For example. Paul Van Dyk - Reflections. Burned it first, love it, and so now I will buy it (real storebought cds play better in my POS deck)

:thumbsup: :bigpimp:

Toms-Celica
05-06-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Ben
I burn before I buy.

I check the cd out first and if its worth the money I buy it.

However other CD's with garbage on them, screw it...they are not competing against other artists anymore, they're competeing against blank CD suppliers. They want to stop piracy, put out better stuff. Buying a CD for 1 song licks.

Originally posted by Fluidic

:thumbsup: :bigpimp:

Try Paul Van Dyk - Global aswell

Toms-Celica
05-08-2004, 02:34 AM
FYI: Teisto's new album due out June 1st. Titled 'Just Be'.