PDA

View Full Version : CD Deck?

T5_X
10-14-2002, 07:49 PM
K, I know shit all about car audio. I want a CD deck in the daytona, just a real cheap one, maybe with some amplification cause I'm not gonna be uprading past replacement speakers from stock. How much am I looking at spending just for the deck? Is it hard at all to install?

szw
10-14-2002, 07:54 PM
I am probably the same as you. I don't care much about high-end stereos. I had a $150 entry level CD-deck in my mazda 323 running off stock speakers and I thought it was crystal clear (except when really loud maybe...but decent speakers would change that I think).

I am happy with the cheap $150-250 CD decks, depending on features and how "cool" it looks!

Install is really easy provided you have a wiring diagram telling you which wire goes to what speaker, and you can solder wires together. Pretty simple, if you don't want to do it, someone from here will probably do it for cheap like 20 bucks of a bowl of pho or something.

edit: forgot $ signs

szw
10-14-2002, 07:57 PM
Oh and most stereos come in DIN size...which means its a universal fit to most cars.

older domestic cars may have different sized slots for the radio, i believe you can get adaptors from walmart or cnd tire that will let you fill up the hole nicely though

Ben
10-14-2002, 08:22 PM
I may have a nice Panasonic for you. If you dont plan on hooking up Subs to it, it will be great (The preouts dont work no more)

boi-alien
10-14-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by szw
<snip>

Install is really easy provided you have a wiring diagram telling you which wire goes to what speaker, and you can solder wires together. Pretty simple, if you don't want to do it, someone from here will probably do it for cheap like 20 bucks of a bowl of pho or something.

just buy a wiring harness from your local futureshop about $15, great thing is u no longer have to figure out what wire goes where, plug and play baby

szw
10-14-2002, 10:13 PM
Oh yeah, those are good, if you ever want to take the deck out you can just unplug it without cutting wires.

Although I've never used a harness, I think you still have to solder the harness with the Deck harness...but it is a lot eaiser, you do'nt have to lie upside down on your car floor to do it.

T5_X
10-15-2002, 10:03 PM
Shit I don't want to buy a soldering gun, I'll just ask if someone here can install it when the time comes :)

Benny, you have a pm :thumbsup:

boi-alien
10-16-2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by szw
Oh yeah, those are good, if you ever want to take the deck out you can just unplug it without cutting wires.

Although I've never used a harness, I think you still have to solder the harness with the Deck harness...but it is a lot eaiser, you do'nt have to lie upside down on your car floor to do it.

nope no need to solder, just crimp the wires to your deck wires, serious takes no time to install decks nowadays

D'z Nutz
10-16-2002, 02:21 PM
Butt connectors are good to use too.

Impreza
10-17-2002, 09:05 AM
are speakers easy to install too?? cause if i get a system, and its this easy, i may just install it myself...

D'z Nutz
10-17-2002, 12:15 PM
Depends how you want to do it. If you want to run it off the deck, you just remove and replace the old ones. However, if you want to run them off a amp, you're going to have to tear apart your car to run the wires under panels and carpet...

boi-alien
10-17-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Depends how you want to do it. If you want to run it off the deck, you just remove and replace the old ones. However, if you want to run them off a deck, you're going to have to tear apart your car to run the wires under panels and carpet...

for the second part i think he meant amp =)

D'z Nutz
10-17-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by crxboi

for the second part i think he meant amp =)
Oops! Hahaha! :)