PDA

View Full Version : Nothing special...

Ben
06-06-2002, 04:51 PM
Installed my Neuspeed Upper Stress Bar this morning. Looks ok, and it seems to have tightened up the body roll a bit. I noticed a pretty big difference just backing off my driveway over the curb, way less twist feeling.

Meah, they dont do much, but I thought I would post about it anyways.
I had to custom fit it because of my aftermarket Coolant jug was in the way. Pain in the ass...

CRXguy
06-06-2002, 04:53 PM
Hey, I got the same one!:D

Weapon_R
06-06-2002, 04:55 PM
You're gonna need way more than an upper strut bar to help your handling to any point where you can notice it. Strapping one to your front isn't going to make you outhandle ferraris. What you should do is get the front, rear, and lower tie bar and then you should be able to feel a tighter suspension. Or better yet, get a sway bar instead and get even better results.

Superesc
06-06-2002, 05:04 PM
also add a monkey bar (middle)

Superesc
06-06-2002, 05:04 PM
the sedan in HK also have one that fits right behind the seats (right behind the headrest of the rear seat) by Carbing.

Ben
06-06-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
You're gonna need way more than an upper strut bar to help your handling to any point where you can notice it. Strapping one to your front isn't going to make you outhandle ferraris. What you should do is get the front, rear, and lower tie bar and then you should be able to feel a tighter suspension. Or better yet, get a sway bar instead and get even better results.

My car is a piece of shit, I have more done than just a stress bar, but of course no one knows that cause its a piece of shit.

I dont care. I'm just going to stop posting about it now

2K255HP
06-07-2002, 12:37 AM
Hey are u telling me that u're car is one hell of a sleeper :D

Superesc
06-07-2002, 12:38 AM
Yo Benny I just thought this is a good topic to go about talking about stress bars and such, that's why I mention the other stuff.

Ben
06-07-2002, 12:41 AM
yeah, I have 22mm sways in the front, 28mm's in the back. McPherson Struts. this an that. I found that adding the sstress bar in the front more or less completed the frnt feel. I st8ill need my lower tie bars. Neuspeed has a good set. it ties in each wheel individually, and my car is notorious for duckfeet syndrome...

4wheeldrift
06-07-2002, 07:04 AM
The stress bars can play a VERY important role in chassis dynamics, especially on an older car where the frame isn't really taut any more. By reducing the tendency of the body and frame to twist during cornering or going over curbs and suchlike, it helps prevent unwanted changes in the contact patch due to unwanted geometry changes during cornering due to chassis flex. A stress bar (or tie bar or strut tower brace or any of the millions of names for them) is one part of a good suspenion setup, but its every bit as important in a well sorted suspension setup as a sway bar.