PDA

View Full Version : Phone Number to Acura Canada Complaint Line

Weapon_R
05-05-2004, 12:51 PM
I had my car serviced at Silverhill Acura last evening. They sold me a "new" part that doesn't seem so new. I want to file a complaint with Acura Canada and see what they can do. Apparently, good things arise from these complaints, as the fucking retards at the service desk refuse to do anything about this. They won't even book me in to look at it. I called Silverhill, they don't have the number...

Does anyone know what it is?

AquamosH
05-05-2004, 12:54 PM
Have you tried the website?

Here's a link I found: http://www.acura.ca/AcuraEng/Owners/Information/PhoneNumbers

syeve
05-05-2004, 12:56 PM
^^^beat me to it :D

1-888-9-HONDA-9 ...try that.

Stupid Silverhill, my ass they dont have the number. Get the names of the people you have been talking to

Weapon_R
05-05-2004, 01:00 PM
I have the name of the guy I spoke to. His exact words were "well, since you wanna take it to Acura Canada, you wanna play that way, finish with them before you come back to us".

benyl
05-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Honda Canada really can't do much about it as the dealers are independent franchises.

They will take you complaint though... and then the dealer won't get the "service" award this year...

'02SiR
05-05-2004, 01:03 PM
lets go to all honda and acura dealerships and shoot em all in the head:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

:guns: :zzz: < honda man
:guns: :dunno: <dumbass mechanic
:guns: :poosie: <founder of honda

Weapon_R
05-05-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Honda Canada really can't do much about it as the dealers are independent franchises.

They will take you complaint though... and then the dealer won't get the &quot;service&quot; award this year...

If this is the way that that Honda treats customers of their higher end division, I can promise on record that I will never, ever, ever be buying one again. :thumbsdow What a shitty first (and last) transaction with the Silverhill Acura dealer.

Superesc
05-05-2004, 01:06 PM
not sure how Acura Canada works, but when our Ford minivan had problems a few years back I filed a complaint on the corporate site and they call me back to compensate for the dealer's "Incompetence"

C4S
05-05-2004, 01:23 PM
What do u mean doesn't look " NEW " ?

what kind of part ? U knwo sometimes automobile's new part already look old .. ? :dunno:

Weapon_R
05-05-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by C4S
What do u mean doesn't look &quot; NEW &quot; ?

what kind of part ? U knwo sometimes automobile's new part already look old .. ? :dunno:

A radiator that comes with a several fair sized dents and so many bent fins that I can't count them all is hardly new. Especially for what I paid to get it.

roopi
05-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Did you try talking to someone higher up at the dealership?

benyl
05-05-2004, 01:36 PM
sounds like a newly "reconditioned" part to me...

SpoonEK9@STRD
05-05-2004, 01:39 PM
Acura sucks, so does silverhill..

we got a brand new 2003 rsx type s, it had some crazy electrical issues, i mean crazy... to the point the car is garbage. it was 2 -3 hours old and they refuse to take it back, for 5 months we kept taking it back to silver hill every time they would put new parts in but it would never fix the problem. Talked to customer service but they still do nothing, even talked to some big guys at acura canada... but still nothing.

Months and months later, and still electrical problems, air bag lights come on and off, engine lights usually always on.

That was the first and last time we buy a acura.

fast95pony
05-05-2004, 01:47 PM
What this ?? Honda's/Acura's less than 100 percent perfect ??

I thought they could do no wrong !!

I'll save this thread for next time I see a "Ford's are crap" thread .

;) :bigpimp:

Weapon_R
05-05-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony

I'll save this thread for next time I see a &quot;Ford's are crap&quot; thread .

;) :bigpimp:

Well, we'll wait and see how the rectify the problem. They have a perfect BBB rating and they have responded to all BBB claims to the satisfaction of their customers. If they take care of the issue, i'll be happy. I'm not going to hold an entire dealership accountable for the incompetence of their service desk in dealing with complaints.

max_boost
05-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony

I'll save this thread for next time I see a &quot;Ford's are crap&quot; thread .

;) :bigpimp: hahaha Domestic owners rejoice.....lol

That's too bad cause I've had fairly good experiences with Silverhill Acura, they even gave me a brand new tire after my friend blew it out driving on a flat......

I don't know what Acura/Honda Canada will do about it, were you dealing with the service manager? It's unreal they would provide such poor customer service in such a service oriented industry......:(

Weapon_R
05-05-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I don't know what Acura/Honda Canada will do about it, were you dealing with the service manager? It's unreal they would provide such poor customer service in such a service oriented industry......:(

No, I never dealt with the service manager. I called the desk up, and got into a shouting match with the jerk at the desk. He REFUSED to do anything about it. At one point, he actually responded with this: "You got a radiator, what else do you want?" For the amount I spent, I expected a brand new radiator...here's a hint - I spent more than it would have cost to buy a new all-aluminum Fluidyne radiator.

How do you like that for customer service?

Weapon_R
05-05-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by benyl
sounds like a newly &quot;reconditioned&quot; part to me...

Thats not what I paid for, nor is it cited on the work order.

kiwi
05-05-2004, 02:24 PM
You should find a way to speak with the manager!

stockEK
05-05-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

No, I never dealt with the service manager. I called the desk up, and got into a shouting match with the jerk at the desk. He REFUSED to do anything about it. At one point, he actually responded with this: &quot;You got a radiator, what else do you want?&quot; For the amount I spent, I expected a brand new radiator...here's a hint - I spent more than it would have cost to buy a new all-aluminum Fluidyne radiator.

How do you like that for customer service?

I'd refuse to deal with you too, if you started yelling. Did he yell at you first? Besides, why are you getting grumpy with people that cannot directly help you? (The service rep is simply not authorized to promise you a new part, over the phone)

I've dealt with and know people at Silverhill. I cannot believe that politly asking the appropriate people (and showing them the rad) that this could not be resolved. I would be interested on hearing Silverhills side.

Thing is, all dealerships deal with beligerant, unreasonable people. If you act like that kind of person, even if you have a legitimate complaint, you are likely to be ignored.

Oh, the number you are looking for is in the back of your manual. It also outlines a grievance sequence to get warranty/ service issues resolved.

ninjak84
05-05-2004, 03:50 PM
Most of the people at Silverhill are assholes.
They'll suck your dick to make a sale, but forget your name once you walk out the door. Their policy is "sold as is", so you can't do anything once they sell you some junked up shit. Fuckers.

Weapon_R
05-05-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by stockEK

I'd refuse to deal with you too, if you started yelling. Did he yell at you first? Besides, why are you getting grumpy with people that cannot directly help you? (The service rep is simply not authorized to promise you a new part, over the phone)

You've got to be kidding me. If you knew anything about me, you'd know I am not an agressive person. I remained calm until he refused to help me, give me Acura's number, or book me an appointment.

A service rep is the front line between the customer and dealership. If they cannot adequately do their job, they shouldn't be there.

Altezza
05-05-2004, 04:01 PM
haha, shit....now there isn't even one Acura dealership in town you can trust anymore.

heavyD
05-05-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Altezza
haha, shit....now there isn't even one Acura dealership in town you can trust anymore.

Really? I wasn't aware there is one dealership (any manufacturer) in town period that you could trust.;)

Seanith
05-05-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Altezza

theres only 2 to choose from too lol.. i remember going in to crowfoot and they wanted like $450 for a wiring harness :rofl:

max_boost
05-05-2004, 07:58 PM
Hey WEaponR, my suggestions are to speak with the service manager in person. He has no choice but to listen to your concerns or else WTF is the point of those 'customer suggestion forms' etc. If you think the part is 'old' and not new as advertised, perhaps contact another mechanic to verify this.

I can understand your frustrations, I hate dealing with shit like this.......:banghead: Everytime I bring my car in, I just pray nothing goes wrong although I do get my fair share of incidents like Kal Tire cracking my Rieger front bumper 1 week out of the bodyshop on my birthday or when BMW scratched my bottom lip on my E36.......ahhhh or on my Prelude when nothing was going right with the supercharger, I kept on buying all this extra shit but none of it cured its problems:rofl: ahhhh

Alpine Autowerks
05-05-2004, 07:59 PM
try theese guys if you think it is a fraud

http://www.amvic.org/

Kaos
05-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Hey WEaponR, my suggestions are to speak with the service manager in person. He has no choice but to listen to your concerns or else WTF is the point of those 'customer suggestion forms' etc. If you think the part is 'old' and not new as advertised, perhaps contact another mechanic to verify this.

I can understand your frustrations, I hate dealing with shit like this.......:banghead: Everytime I bring my car in, I just pray nothing goes wrong although I do get my fair share of incidents like Kal Tire cracking my Rieger front bumper 1 week out of the bodyshop on my birthday or when BMW scratched my bottom lip on my E36.......ahhhh or on my Prelude when nothing was going right with the supercharger, I kept on buying all this extra shit but none of it cured its problems:rofl: ahhhh

Can we brag some more? hahaha JUST KIDDING........:D

To me, all I hear is bad things about SILVERHILL.
They seem very bad with customer service, almost cocky to the point where they think they're the only dealership to handle acura's or honda's.

TAKE THEM TO THE DIRT, I HOPE THEY GET SHUT DOWN and then get turned into a KIA dealership.

max_boost
05-05-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Kaos

Can we brag some more? hahaha JUST KIDDING........:D

No......Nothing compares to Zorro talking about his good looks and style:tongue:

3G
05-05-2004, 09:01 PM
You've got to be kidding me. If you knew anything about me, you'd know I am not an agressive person. I remained calm until he refused to help me, give me Acura's number, or book me an appointment.

A service rep is the front line between the customer and dealership. If they cannot adequately do their job, they shouldn't be there.

:werd: Straight up

Weapon_R
05-05-2004, 09:37 PM
I did contact Honda Canada, and they asked me to write a letter to the service manager complaining about my grievences. I took the better part of an hour to do so. I also sent it to the Parts Manager, General Manager, and Owner of Silverhill. I trust that at least one of them will return my letter.

I can understand your frustrations, I hate dealing with shit like this....... Everytime I bring my car in, I just pray nothing goes wrong although I do get my fair share of incidents like Kal Tire cracking my Rieger front bumper 1 week out of the bodyshop on my birthday or when BMW scratched my bottom lip on my E36

I read about your problems, and the shops did step up and admit their mistake and took care of the issue. The problem here is that they have REFUSED to admit their mistake at all, let alone fix it. That's why i'm so angry with them.

vtec96
05-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Don't waste your time....I called Honda Canada and complained about SilverHill.........It was useless......
I ended up with find a lawer to talk to the service manager....
Shitty Service.....:thumbsdow :whocares:

Mckenzie
05-05-2004, 11:35 PM
I feel for ya Weapon R....the service department is a joke. I am very friendly with the parts guys now but the service department is pathetic.

Mark Grozny is the service manager and he has to be the most miserable person I have ever seen in my life....besides not looking a day over 22. I constantly see people in there (while waiting for parts) bickering with him over stupid things that he or his staff has done. I saw one of his service advisors sell a tire to another shop that was put on hold for a lady who was stuck on the side of the road for 2 hours.....she was fucking irate and Mark could not be more inconsiderate of the situation.

If your side of the story is legit (always three sides to the story right ;) ) I would raise hell.....I have already written a complaint letter to silverhill about their BS service department to the head manager and allI got was a crap templated response.

Dont give up your fight.....raise hell until they are begging you to come back. I got so sick of them one summer that I even took my car to Crowfoot Acura (60km from my place in Mckenzie) for service....pigs...:thumbsdow

ZorroAMG
05-06-2004, 12:10 AM
No......Nothing compares to Zorro talking about his good looks and style:tongue:

WTF?

GSR Zero
05-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Just wondering who you dealt with at Silverhill's service department? Everytime I've talked to them, they have been straight up with me and I haven't had too many problems. There was one new guy that was brutal but I think they got rid of him.

nickyh
05-06-2004, 02:46 PM

If this is the way that that Honda treats customers of their higher end division, I can promise on record that I will never, ever, ever be buying one again. :thumbsdow What a shitty first (and last) transaction with the Silverhill Acura dealer.

I had issues with a Honda dealer in town and I took it to AMVIC, BBB, and Honda Canada - none cared. That's why i sold my Prelude (among other reason) but I did not want to support a manufaturer that does not help out customers with legit concerns over dealerhsip abuse.
I will never own another Honda again or buy a car that's owned by the Wood Group.

Weapon_R
05-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Well, I just received a call from Mark Grozny (Service Manager) at Silverhill. We spoke for a good 20 minutes about the issue. Among the few things that were decided:

He would look at my car again free of charge (the original asshole said they would charge me their hourly rate to look at it). After that, they will either give a partial refund to me or replace the part (at our descretion, I will decide after they give me an offer whether I can live with it since it is warrantied). I also get a free service (oil, fluids, tire rotation etc while i'm there). Overall, i'm extremely happy with the outcome. He promised that the staff would also be cautioned against their attitudes towards younger customers, and assured me that they treat everyone with the same degree of respect.

Basically, much of our conversation revolved around the way that they treat younger employees. I explained to him that while I own an Integra today, it won't be very long before I am like thousands who will be buying an RL, TL, or whatever it may be in the future. He explained that it didn't matter whether it was an Integra or an NSX, they try to treat everyone with respect. I also explained the story about the cocky old asshole at the service desk, and he promised that they would address the problem. He complimented me on the letter I wrote, saying he hasn't seen one quite as well written in a long time. I did spend the better part of the afternoon on it.

I did not send the letter to Honda Canada. I explained at the bottom of the letter that any dispute such as this can be dealt with at the local level before outside interference would be introduced. I gave them an opportunity to settle it before I sent it away, and they did, much to my happiness.

Moral of the story: Take my advice - approach the issue calmly and deal with a manager through the form of a well-written letter. Explain the situation and ask to be contacted to settle the situation. It worked much to my satisfaction.

max_boost
05-06-2004, 03:15 PM
I'm glad everything worked out well for you:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

roopi
05-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Well it doesn't need to be in the form of a letter but talk to someone who can do something about it. Some twit at the desk can't do shit. So you goto the person who can.

Glad to hear it worked out. I wouldn't take the free service though (unless you get to watch).

Weapon_R
05-06-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by roopi
Glad to hear it worked out. I wouldn't take the free service though (unless you get to watch).

Why not? I have to take my car there anyways...Might as well have them do it while its in the shop.

Gonthro
05-06-2004, 03:36 PM
congrats on getting it worked out, but i dont care what kind of explination or cock sucking they give you, they tried to fuck you over, the only thing is you knew better, if it was someone else they would probably have gotten away with it and that is bullshit, they'll never get my business.

roopi
05-06-2004, 04:03 PM

Why not? I have to take my car there anyways...Might as well have them do it while its in the shop.

They tried to fuck you once now they'll try to fuck you even harder. Can't you take if to another Acura dealership for services in the future?

max_boost
05-06-2004, 04:11 PM
I highly doubt they would try to screw WeaponR over again. If it was some independent shop, then maybe. I just don't see how any manager would want to deal with such confrontations that would negatively impact their company's image....:dunno:

Weapon_R
05-06-2004, 04:13 PM
I don't think they will. We also talked about my car. I explained to him that any look under my hood will show that i'm not a moron when it comes t my car - I explained that i've had it for over four years now and I know every screw and bolt in there.

Really, the guy sounded genuinly sorry. I don't think he'd try to screw me over on a few fluids that really don't cost anything at all. I know what my fluid levels are at, and what color they are. After going through all this, i'll give em another chance. They seem to want to genuinly resolve the issue.