PDA

View Full Version : Accident Came to me

dogmaiwli
05-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Sitting in the turn lane this morning around 9 am turning from northbound Blackfoot onto west bound heritage this guy in a truck runs the light and nails to other cars, one of which jumped the median and slammed into me. FUK, Now I get to play the insurance and autobody repair game YEAH :( :guns:

dogmaiwli
05-05-2004, 01:05 PM
The car that hit me About 9 AM THIS MORNING

dogmaiwli
05-05-2004, 01:06 PM
The truck that started it all by running the red

dogmaiwli
05-05-2004, 01:07 PM
the car that the truck hit before it hit the car that hit me.

dogmaiwli
05-05-2004, 01:08 PM
General scene minus the truck

Gonthro
05-05-2004, 01:10 PM
ouch, shiddy deal man...

you might play the writeoff game.... that is 2 doors, a rear quarter... rocker... and maybe a rear bumper..

i'd hate to be the guy in the wrick, just wrote off 3 maybe 4 vehicles, probably over $150,000 insurance claim. (and thats only if there was no injuries)

but it looks like you got the least of it all..

BloNdie
05-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Stupid drivers :rolleyes: Ruin it for the rest of us

Looks pretty bad...hope everyone was okay!

That.Guy.S30
05-05-2004, 01:13 PM
i dunno the price about the claims but i heard injury claims are now limited to 4000 even with whiplash.

dogmaiwli
05-05-2004, 01:14 PM
Everyone was fine. Just a little shaken up, the car that hit me had airbags and they went off so they have a couple of scrapes and brusies from the airbag but nothing major.

LOOKS like I won't make it to the meet tonight :dunno:

1badPT
05-05-2004, 01:16 PM
Anyone have any questions about why Insurance rates here in Alberta are so high?

Harsh luck man, but thankfully no one got hurt. There were a lot of accidents this morning and not all of them were without injuries unfortunately.

ZorroAMG
05-05-2004, 01:17 PM
Sorry to hear that happened, glad you are all ok.

lam-boy
05-05-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT
Anyone have any questions about why Insurance rates here in Alberta are so high?

Harsh luck man, but thankfully no one got hurt. There were a lot of accidents this morning and not all of them were without injuries unfortunately.

i believe its cause we have privitized ownership of the insurance companies so they can charge you whatever they want.

yeah thankfully no one is hurt.

damn man how can someon just run a red...:banghead: :banghead: :guns: :guns:

dogmaiwli
05-05-2004, 01:19 PM
We went to the autobody shop, and found out that I didn't get my damage sticker, the tow truck driver was still there, and said the cops were still at the scene, so we drove over to see if we could get the damage sticker and there was an other accident a Big f350 welding truck tboned a cargo van, and the ambulance was just leaving. Same place.

EDIT, anyone know or work for a rental car company, I am not covered and need my car to get around for business. GOOD DEAL ?

brandon
ouch! i saw that coming into work today! was there a big white van with a huge dent as well? there was alot of emerency vechiles there eh?

Gonthro
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
i dunno the price about the claims but i heard injury claims are now limited to 4000 even with whiplash.

im pretty sure thats only soft tissue, bruises ect... as soon as you get a broken bone or anything internal it gets big.

Originally posted by dogmaiwli

EDIT, anyone know or work for a rental car company, I am not covered and need my car to get around for business. GOOD DEAL ?

call the truck drivers insurance company, since they will be paying for it. usually they have a company they deal with that should charge straight to them..

Boosted_TL
05-05-2004, 01:27 PM
Hope all works out to your advantage

:thumbsup:

SpoonEK9@STRD
05-05-2004, 01:32 PM
pretty big accident... good pics! good luck!

dogmaiwli
05-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Thanks for your support,
I hope it works out to, I don't want them to right it off, I just got it 3 months ago, and put a whole bunch of money into it that I won't get back if they write it off. My Autobody lady, said they probably won't because it is just body panels, no mechanics etc....

rc2002
05-05-2004, 01:37 PM
Yeah I hope the ticket for running the red seals the deal and cancels the guy's insurance. He inconveniences everyone and causes tons of damage because of his stupidity. Maybe that'll be one more stupid driver off the road.

I hate those idiots who run reds. Especially those two intersections near Chinook center where people run blatant reds while turning left.... That should be a $1000 fine and 5 demerits.:guns: :guns: :guns:

fast95pony
05-05-2004, 01:40 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune :(
Looks like another bad driver chatting on the phone,drinking his coffee , not paying attention to the road :banghead:

I hope everything works okay for you...

nismodrifter
05-05-2004, 01:45 PM
shitty situation.....hope all goes well with the repairs

sputnik
05-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro

im pretty sure thats only soft tissue, bruises ect... as soon as you get a broken bone or anything internal it gets big.

$4000 for a couple bruises and a small scar is still pretty stupid.... and people WONDER why insurance rates are so high. I think the $4000 cap also covers crap like pain and suffering. So people cant get $40,000 because they are sad and their bruises hurt.

Insurance should only be to cover what people lost... so many people get into accidents and seem to think that they DESERVE money... or they fake their injuries and win the "insurance lottery"

SinisterProbeGt
05-05-2004, 01:52 PM
That sucks. Did you take to the driver and ask him if he got to where he was going to in a hruuy on time?
Cause i bet he did not. WHat a looser i hate ppl who :guns: run reds

izzoblitzo
05-05-2004, 01:55 PM
ouch dude, hope your okay, and you dont get like back spasims or something from it.. looked like it coulda almost hit the driver's side door!! ouch.

Hope the truck driver will get what he just deserves.

running red lights are not cool. Hope there were tonnes of witnesses that will grill him bad. Looks like an old guy!:guns:

Loose
05-05-2004, 02:10 PM
Tell your insurance company to have the truck "downloaded". It has a "Crash Data Box" (or whatever you want to call it) and will have recorded the driver's speed, throttle, and brake application 5 seconds prior to the crash. It may show that he tried to gun it throught the intersection, or maybe was speeding and couldn't slow down. You never know.

Ridelikeme
05-05-2004, 02:18 PM
wow man that sucks... oh well the least u will get out of it is some good body work and possibly a nice paint job... i think it looks like that white has some blue pearl in it... and maybe even some blue metal flake... :rofl: just kiddin

1badPT
05-05-2004, 02:21 PM
Loose, good suggestion if there was a problem finding who's at fault for the accident - judging from the pictures there will be very little doubt as to who's at fault. If dogmaiwli's account of the situation is even remotely similar to what the other drivers saw, the fault will be attributed to the truck driver. The police reports, photos and crash damage all clearly point to the Truck driver being at fault.

The only thing that sucks is the driver of the Toyota who jumped the curb and hit dogmaiwli's car will be attributed a 50/50 AF which means their rates go up.

Loose
05-05-2004, 02:27 PM
Yeah, i'm just curious as to what the information would say. I love donwloading those things. They give so much more insight into the collision.

And about the toyota's insurance going up.. what a crock of shit, eh?

BigMass
05-05-2004, 02:36 PM
if i was the driver of the toyota and my insurance was raised because of this i would go to court and fight it. A reasonable judge will overturn it.

dogmaiwli
05-05-2004, 02:37 PM
My insurance shouldn't go up should it, for being in the wrong place at the wrong time?

BigMass
05-05-2004, 02:39 PM
My insurance shouldn't go up should it, for being in the wrong place at the wrong time?

it wont. You dont even deal with your insurance, you deal with the truck driver's insurance. They are responsible for damages to your car. I had a $5000 accident a long while back that was not my fault and my insurance didn't go up 1 cent

Gonthro
05-05-2004, 02:40 PM

no, yours wont... and the toyota drivers shouldn't either, his insurance will have to pay for your car, but it should not effect his rates... it falls under a no fault thing... they aren't allowed to raise your rates for that kind of thing.

finboy
05-05-2004, 02:42 PM
brand new gm so it'll have the black box too, looks like his chances of driving might be fucked.

sorry to hear about the golf man.

izzoblitzo
05-05-2004, 02:43 PM
hey guys, why would the toyota get higher insurance as well? wouldnt he be part of the accident as a victim because it was the truck that caused the accident?:dunno:

sputnik
05-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo
hey guys, why would the toyota get higher insurance as well? wouldnt he be part of the accident as a victim because it was the truck that caused the accident?:dunno:

Would get at least a 50/50.

You are always required to follow at a safe distance with ample braking room.

Loose
05-05-2004, 02:55 PM
The insurance company of the truck may try to put some blame on the Toyota for colliding with the Golf. They will say something like the Toyota driver should have avoided jumping the median, etc. :rolleyes:

At least this is what I assume PT meant. (??)

Gonthro
05-05-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Would get at least a 50/50.

You are always required to follow at a safe distance with ample braking room.

from what i gather the troyta was crossing through the intersection when the ruck hit him and spun him around into the golf... i dont understand how you can brake at all when you are in the air spinning...

no, yours wont... and the toyota drivers shouldn't either, his insurance will have to pay for your car, but it should not effect his rates... it falls under a no fault thing... they aren't allowed to raise your rates for that kind of thing.

ramminghard
05-05-2004, 03:15 PM

from what i gather the troyta was crossing through the intersection when the ruck hit him and spun him around into the golf... i dont understand how you can brake at all when you are in the air spinning...

He said that the truck hit the white car, which hit the toyota, which hit the golf.

dogmaiwli
05-05-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by ramminghard

He said that the truck hit the white car, which hit the toyota, which hit the golf.

That's pretty much what happened, I think, It happened so fast. All i know is the Toyota was the one that hit me.

1badPT
05-05-2004, 03:38 PM
Its a classic 50/50 situation:

Car A hits car B, B then hits car C. Insurance companies will look at this as two accidents, one between car A and B, and another accident between car B and C.

Accident 1:
A is 100% at fault for the accident between A and B.
B is 0% at fault for the accident between A and B.
Accident 2:
B is 100% at fault for the accident between B and C
C is 0% at fault for the accidentent between B and C

So the adjuster will see that car B was in two accidents, one that it was not at fault for, and another that it was at fault for.

There you go, 50/50 AF. Now thats by the book of course, the adjuster may enter it differently given the obvious error of the truck driver, but by the book, the Toyota driver is 50/50 AF.

Loose
05-05-2004, 03:52 PM
The only problem is that B was not "100% at fault for the accident between B and C" (accident #2).

IMO, vehicle B was propelled into vehicle C by vehicle A, and no reasonable post accident #1 actions by the vehicle B driver could have avoided collision #2.

I think vehicle A will bear the most, if not all, of the liablility for collision 2.

A1 B3, "you sunk my battleship":nut:

dogmaiwli
05-05-2004, 04:42 PM
Well, I got a rental, Stupid 2004 Gold Cavalier, that I don't fit in 6'2" 245,
might come to the meet If I am not afraid to drive.:(

hjr
05-05-2004, 05:17 PM
haha, shitty rental, well just get the extra insurance and bag it! haha. hope everything works out for ya

Idratherbsidewayz
05-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Shitty, I saw you this morning as well, good luck with everything.

kenny
05-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo

Because you are considered a higher risk. Not At Fault claims are on your insurance record along with your At Fault claims. If you drove some crazy expensive vehicles and kept getting rear ended every two weeks, you can bet that your insurance will drop you come renewal time :)

hjr
05-05-2004, 06:55 PM
haha, wonder who that happened too???:D

Zero102
05-05-2004, 09:42 PM
I want to address something said earlier in this thread.
the $4000 cap is NOT in effect yet.

Not trying to be rude, just clear.

Anyways, that said, really shitty deal. Good to hear you're alright. Hope this all works out alright for you. Just in the right place at the wrong time.

That.Guy.S30
05-05-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
I want to address something said earlier in this thread.
the $4000 cap is NOT in effect yet.

Not trying to be rude, just clear.

Anyways, that said, really shitty deal. Good to hear you're alright. Hope this all works out alright for you. Just in the right place at the wrong time.

hmm i thought it was in effect? oops my bad

dogmaiwli
05-05-2004, 10:45 PM
update:

apparently the toyota was the one that hit the cutlass and the truck followed the toyota into the intersection hit the toyota after the toyota hit the cutlass and pushed the toyota into me

Zero102
05-05-2004, 11:45 PM
Hmm, so the toyota was southbound on blackfoot?

I recall seeing on a commercial on channel 2 that the cap was not in effect, so I called up my lawyer a week or so ago (I'm trying to settle a claim), and he told me that it shouldn't be in effect until at least mid-summer.

dogmaiwli
05-08-2004, 07:22 PM
:bullshit: Well they wrote it off, So i am looking for a jetta/golf or something along those lines, I won't know how much I have to work with until monday.

I just want my baby Back

I wish life had a "rewind" feature :banghead: :barf: :(

BumpinTalon
05-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Now THAT sucks... you can only hope now that you get enough money to replace everything

That.Guy.S30
05-09-2004, 01:36 PM
cant you buy it back and fix it?