PDA

View Full Version : anything hanging from your rearview mirror?

sputnik
05-05-2004, 05:58 PM
posted on www.cfcn.ca

----
Police crack down on air fresheners and fuzzy dice

POSTED AT 10:53 AM Wednesday, May 5

Do you have an air freshener or fuzzy dice hanging on your rear-view mirror?

If so, you might spot a police car on your tail.

Calgary police are pulling over drivers who have too much stuff obstructing their view through the front windshield.

Police are looking out for anything on your mirror or dash.

Police say in some cases these items could block your vision when a vehicle or pedestrian is in your path.

The fine is $115.

But police say their main goal is to educate drivers about the hazard and make the road safer for everyone.

Constable Mike O'Connor is with the Calgary Police Service. "If you don't see that person and you continue through a turn, or straight through a crosswalk that person's in, that can be deadly for that pedestrian."

The crackdown runs until Saturday.

EK 2.0
05-05-2004, 06:05 PM
I have an Islamic Rosary, you think they would pull that, cause I mean its kinda my warding off evil trinket...and I need that visible man...

What they NEED to get rid of are thos CD's everyone is rocking...I know that some of the are religious, but man do the reflect light...

CelicaST-162
05-05-2004, 06:10 PM
I agree what CP is doing to make the roads safer, but on the other hand it's a cash cow. Like sure if people have a rat nest of stuff on their dash then fine them. But when people have fuzzy dice or air freshener, that's too unreasonable!:thumbsdow

izzoblitzo
05-05-2004, 06:21 PM
sweet.. that means every dude with ultraman toys, dragonball cards, kerroppiiiiiiiiiii dolls, and hello kitty lanards in Chinatown will be a target!! awesome!!:thumbsup:

hjr
05-05-2004, 06:23 PM
i have a parking pass, that is ALL.

My brother has an old goalie mask on his and its fucking anoying. i take it off when i drive his car. fucking dangerous! i hope he gets a ticket

izzoblitzo
05-05-2004, 06:25 PM
we saw an suv with a buncha girls (I can only asume) with a pink thong hanging from the rearview last weekend. hahaha

ZorroAMG
05-05-2004, 06:36 PM
Those goddamn lei's are soooo annoying...Too many fat chicks have em now, eliminating the hot-chick beacon properties they used to possess...I say down with lei's!!!!!

africano
05-05-2004, 06:41 PM
110 dollars because of a 6 dollar fuzzy dice. that's a bit harse

88CRX
05-05-2004, 06:43 PM
cps can sucka my balls.

lam-boy
05-05-2004, 06:47 PM
i have my sun glasses hanging on my mirror..i wodner if i will get in trouble..

Gonthro
05-05-2004, 07:06 PM
my fuzzy dice are part of my religion :D

finboy
05-05-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Those goddamn lei's are soooo annoying...Too many fat chicks have em now, eliminating the hot-chick beacon properties they used to possess...I say down with lei's!!!!!

:werd: that and roxy stickers.

i remember a time where you could spot a car with hot girls by the roxy sticker on the back, now 90% of them are fat chicks following a trend :thumbsdow

habsfan
05-05-2004, 07:15 PM
the worst fat chicks are the fat ugly annoying ones who dont shut the fuck up.......

this post inspired by an ugly annoying fat chick who wont stop talking to me goddamit..:banghead: :banghead:

Ferio_vti
05-05-2004, 07:24 PM
I have a keychain hanging, but its not huge and obstructing...

Hehe, reminds me of that dumbass taxi driver that got fired for having a small Xmas tree on his dashboard

Ajay
05-05-2004, 07:32 PM
I have my fuzzy dice hanging from my rear view but if I get a $115 ticket for having dice in my car....yah I'll be fighting that for sure!

ninjak84
05-05-2004, 07:39 PM
haha fuck that law
how about a crackdown on all the car theft instead? or is that too much work :rolleyes:

BigMass
05-05-2004, 07:41 PM
i have a novel idea. How about letting the driver of the car decide if his view is fine or not. More stupid laws punishing people when they have done nothing to harm or get in the way of anyone else.

maximus
05-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
haha fuck that law
how about a crackdown on all the car theft instead? or is that too much work :rolleyes:

:werd:

Aren't there more important things than airfreshners hanging from rearview mirrors. What a joke.

BigMass
05-05-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
haha fuck that law

catching a theif doesnt make the police any money. Why would they want to do that?

iceburns288
05-05-2004, 08:02 PM
Ehh.... fat chick joke I heard in baseball practice Tuesday.

What did the fat chick say to the other fat chick?

Who cares, they're fat!

DISCLAIMER: This was not intended to offend anyone.

Shaolin
05-05-2004, 08:38 PM
I have a soccer ball hanging from my rear view.. i shortened it so it doesn't smoke me or my passengers when I'm driving..

max_boost
05-05-2004, 08:45 PM
LOL I have an air freshner but I don't know how that obstructs my view in anyway? It hangs below the mirror:rofl: Most mid wings from the factory impedes the view more than dices etc.:nut: :rofl:

Gonthro
05-05-2004, 08:57 PM
yea, they should fine the manufacturers for making the pillars too big, it obstructs my view.

method
05-05-2004, 09:00 PM
no more stupid visors.

hooray.

cocoabrova
05-05-2004, 10:40 PM
I have a cross in one car, and a rosary in another. I use them to pray I don't get pulled over:D

cocoabrova
05-05-2004, 10:40 PM
I have a cross in one car, and a rosary in the other. I use them to pray I don't get pulled over:D

Zero102
05-06-2004, 12:00 AM
Ha, I don't have a rear view mirror =)

Had to throw that in there...

I've seen too much shit hanging from rear view mirrors. A lot of it does obstruct the driver's view, but jfor the most part, it's just like cracks in the windshield, B.S.

They should be out there fighting the real crime, not cracking down on rear-view-mirror ornaments.