PDA

View Full Version : rx-7 opinions

redline_13000
10-15-2002, 10:45 AM
hi..im thinking about buying a 87 or 88 mazda rx-7...i really like that gen... can anyone give me some info? advantages/disadvantages...power? handling? reliability? how much should i be look to pay for one? thanks

finboy
10-15-2002, 11:13 AM
i have heard (only heard, never owned an rx7) that the engines are prone to failure.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4232
this is an option. would you consider that?

redline_13000
10-15-2002, 11:25 AM
the 240z looks like it has ballz..dont like it though

finboy
10-15-2002, 11:40 AM
but the rx7 with a v8?

infamous
10-15-2002, 11:59 AM
i actually had my first ride in an 88 rx-7 on sunday...i really like it, especiallly the exhaust. it sounded so sweet :drool: and not to mention, they have ballz!

ecstasy_civic
10-15-2002, 12:14 PM
rx-7's have great attributes and poor ones. ive own one and am buying another one next week. there wonderful if you have time to take care of them. there pretty quick and with a few mods they can be a low 16 sec car. they handle like a dream. i seriously can take a sharp corner at a high rate of speed and no tire sqeal ever. ive never been able to get much body roll out of it. the gas mileage sucks ass. i used to get like 300 k for about 35-40 bucks. so for me thats like 90 bucks a week. roughly. im buying a 10th AE turbo next week which i got a smokin deal on. they are the best second gen 7 out there i think. anyways, if you have anymore in depth questions PM me and ill help you out.

Tux
10-15-2002, 12:32 PM
The FC's are great little cars. I'll definitely admit the engine needs a lot of care and work, and if you drive it hard you'll look at blowing 2-4 G's every 6-8 years to rebuild the engine, but for a light and quick car with near perfect balance/weight distrib, you won't find anything better.

You can really tune the FC's and get some excellent performence out of the light and compact 13B engine if you do some hard work. You can get around 350 for a standard 2 rotor, and up to 700 for the 3 rotor. I'd personally raise an eyebrow to anyone that wants to drop a big block V8 in one of these as it would destroy the lithe and agile characteristics of the car, making the car effectively useless for what it was originally intended to do, corner.

Personally I'd look at an FD, but they're rare and expensive, and the exhaust doesn't sound as nice, but they are one fine looking car. There's an RX-7 speciality shop in town that you may want to check out if you want more info. Apparenly the owner has a 3-rotor ~700 HP FD there.... *drool*

ecstasy_civic
10-15-2002, 12:36 PM
I'd personally raise an eyebrow to anyone that wants to drop a big block V8 in one of these as it would destroy the lithe and agile characteristics of the car, making the car effectively useless for what it was originally intended to do, corner.

ive said it before and ill say it again, HOW COULD ANYBODY DO THAT????:dunno:
i agree totally with tux on this one:thumbsup:
if your lucky enough to find a turbo one, pick it up. there rare and fast.

Tux
10-15-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
ive said it before and ill say it again, HOW COULD ANYBODY DO THAT

Rightfully so! ^_^
That's the thought on every RX-7 fan's mind when a suggestion like that is made.

HP and displacement are not the only measure of a good performance car. That's an American mentality of "bigger is better", which isn't entirely wrong, but is a very narrow approach to racing. Somtimes excess HP can be a bad thing to the performence of a track/road car.

Any fool can stomp on the gas and go 160 kph down a straight stretch of road. If they want to prove their skill, let's see them go 90 kph through a series of 120 degree hairpin turns.

Different cars were made for different applications. Trans Am, Camaro, Mustangs; they were made for the open road, raw power and straight accel. RX-7, NSX, and MR2's were made for agility, grace, and nimbleness. Two totally different ideals, designs, and ultimately two totally different veichles. Crossing one with the other is possible, but rare and still won't attain a good fusion between the two.

Sorry I'm ranting....
No disrespect meant, but I have a severe aversion to people that want the big displacement and power so they can do a 11 sec 1/4 mile, and go 160 down deerfoot, but don't know how to properly take a corner faster than 70 on a moderate curve, and still say they're a "performance driver" instead of a "drag racer". And then they have the balls to go and take a excellent car like the FC3S and try to turn it into something that it was never meant to be.

finboy
10-15-2002, 01:47 PM
:dunno:

fast in a straight line is good.

besides, if you are really concerned about suspension, why not upgrade after getting a small block?

ecstasy_civic
10-15-2002, 02:05 PM
again tux is right on the money! why upgrade the suspension? keep the suspension stock upgrade the motor and you could easily compete with V8's and out perform them in everyway. IE: braking acceleration handling and a true sports car feel.

DSM Power
10-15-2002, 02:13 PM
Talk to Maxt or Taloness - I think they know a little about those cars. ;)

Tux
10-15-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by finboy
fast in a straight line is good.

besides, if you are really concerned about suspension, why not upgrade after getting a small block?

Fast and straight, yes it is good, i'm not saying that having power is bad, but you gotta be able to turn properly as well. If fast and straight is all you can do, you'll be king of the 1/4 strip, but you'll have people running circles around you on road courses and the mountains. (Exception, cars like Paul Mumford's ACR Viper, but it's been tuned to hell...)

The weight difference between a rotary and a V8 is signifigant. It'll still throw off the balance (stock F/R 51/49 % for the FC if I remember correctly), and if you're driving downhill, it'll cause more stress on the front tires and brakes as well as increase your overall curb weight, and it'll mess with your all important HP to weight ratio (Depending on tuning even if the V8 puts out more HP). The rotary engine sits low and behind the front axle lowering and moving the center of gravity, minimizing weight shift. I'm not entirely sure myself but I would guess that a compartively large V8 would span the bulk of the bay, and would not help with that in any regard. (Please correct me if I'm wrong). An upgraded suspension would help, but would still be inferior to a stock or even an upgraded 3 rotor on an upgraded suspension.

Acceptable and useful power on par with dropping in a V8 is available in the form of an upgraded 13B engine, better turbos, or better turbo tuning without drastically modifying the intrinsic characteristics of the veichle.

finboy
10-15-2002, 02:47 PM
i know weight distribution would be off, but most races i have been in where straight line.

i dunno, i guess i just like my car to win races that happen 90% of the time. mind you that is on the street.

Tux
10-15-2002, 03:05 PM
i know weight distribution would be off, but most races i have been in where straight line.

i dunno, i guess i just like my car to win races that happen 90% of the time. mind you that is on the street.

True, true, it's a different type of racing/tuning that everyone is looking to compete* in. However, I still don't think that's an excuse to modify a rx-7, which is not conceptually an off-the-line, short sprint, drag car into one. There's much better choices to start and work with.

*Disclaimer for anyone (Espeicially the cops): I do not endorse turning for uncontrolled street racing. Please race in closed and/or controlled conditions. (Please don't harass me 5-0!) Thank you. ^_^

James
10-15-2002, 03:11 PM
Those RX7's are sweet cars......Although the whole V8 thing is wicked for strait line, like Tux, and Ecstasy_Civic Said, that car would handle like ASS! .....Although alot of Races are in a strait line, you'll still need to corner sooner or later, and what if u need to make a Quick lane change, not gonna be the easiest thing to do....... Better Handling is more imporant than Raw speed i think....Since my car isnt exactly fast by any means, i get spanked all the time, but if theres corners involved, you aint gonna loose me! ( some exceptions of course....Like a faster MR2 :tongue: )

GTS Jeff
10-15-2002, 03:35 PM

i dunno, i guess i just like my car to win races that happen 90% of the time. mind you that is on the street. That's the thing though; many people consider straight-line racing to be inferior to other sorts of racing that involves cornering. ANYBODY can step on the gas pedal and win a race as long as the car is fast, but it takes SKILL to be fast in the corners. I'm not saying that speed isn't important, but it's speed in the corners that is where the fun of driving comes from.

ABout the V8 swapped RX7s...no matter how much you upgrade the suspension, you will still have two major handling problems associated with the swap:

1. Weight distribution. With so much weight in the front, the car will be plowing into every hard corner, understeering heavily. What adds to this problem is that the FC3S chassis was in no way designed to carry so much weight up front either, so the car would always be dipping while decelerating, and the car would have less traction for acceleration.

2. Weight. Extra weight is always a bad thing when it comes to handling. Often, a light car with inferior suspension can outhandle a heavy car with better suspension. If you've ever driven a cheap, small car like a Metro, you would be amazed that a $5000 car with tires thinner than bike tires can be tossed around corners the way it does.

Joe Malms
10-15-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Tux
Personally I'd look at an FD, but they're rare and expensive, and the exhaust doesn't sound as nice, but they are one fine looking car. There's an RX-7 speciality shop in town that you may want to check out if you want more info. Apparenly the owner has a 3-rotor ~700 HP FD there.... *drool*

How does the exhaust on an FD not sound as nice?
They both share 13b's and they are both extremely similar in design. The sound the car is based on the exhaust system, because its basically the same motor. So basically both can sound basically the same if they have similar exhaust routing, sizing and muffling.
I agree, fd's can sound nasty, but its distinct...and at least most have the bite to back the bark.
As for the 3rotor FD, it does exist, but it is not 700hp. At most it should put out around 550 at the fly. Its using highflow sequential twin turbo's not a big ass single.

Tux
10-15-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Joe Malms
How does the exhaust on an FD not sound as nice?

As for the 3rotor FD, it does exist, but it is not 700hp. At most it should put out around 550 at the fly. Its using highflow sequential twin turbo's not a big ass single.

I don't know, the sound on the FC is a little nicer and throatier IMHO... it just seems that way to me.. maybe I'm just on crack tho... ^_^

As for the 3 rotor.. I meant after turbo modifications and tuning, not that you'd really need more than 550. 550 is mucho plenty for that car, considering the 500 class JGTC cars only run around 500+ HP, much less requiring 700 HP.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
10-15-2002, 09:53 PM
there is an rx-7 with a 350 in it in calgary that has 50 - 50 weight disrtibutuin. and way more power then a stock turbo 2.

finboy
10-15-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by RX-7_TWINTURBO
there is an rx-7 with a 350 in it in calgary that has 50 - 50 weight disrtibutuin. and way more power then a stock turbo 2.

there are a few in town

Chris Ng
10-15-2002, 10:49 PM
It's always amusing to read what people have to say about a car they have never owned or never owned long enough to know what it's all about...

rx7's have a reputation for being unreliable.. however people tend to forget.. these are 13+ yearold cars that are usually flogged and and abused on the street by it's drivers than other cars.. For the abuse these cars take, I would hardly call them unreliable..

The main problem with rx7's is that they sell so damn cheap that any kid can purchase one as their first car.. they drive the hell out of it, can't afford to fix what they broke, nor properly maintain them.. so they turn into little shit boxes.. honestly, how many second generation rx7's do you see out on the street in good condition, not all dented/rusted out and running like crap? not too many..

That being said.. I can think of only a handful of rx7's in town that are taken care of, in great shape, and make good power ..
MaxT is running a T04E turbo setup putting down unknown HP at the moment, however I've dynoed 270hp to the wheels and I know that he pulls pretty good on me..

finboy
10-15-2002, 11:12 PM

guess it is what type of performance you are looking for i guess. mind you most race action i've seen is on the street, so i like straight line performance, others like auto cross.

i see the rx7 as a light car that would easily take a v8 and move VERY fast.

finboy
10-15-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Chris Ng
It's always amusing to read what people have to say about a car they have never owned or never owned long enough to know what it's all about...

i have heard (only heard, never owned an rx7)

Hollywood
10-15-2002, 11:39 PM

guess it is what type of performance you are looking for i guess. mind you most race action i've seen is on the street, so i like straight line performance, others like auto cross.

i see the rx7 as a light car that would easily take a v8 and move VERY fast.

They are not that light. Max weighed his car at around 2900lbs, My car "by the books" is lighter than that, in the 2800's. I don't ever hear anyone say that 240's are light cars by any means.

I have been in Maxes car and it's fast! This was in his mid tuning stages, he has it faster now. I have respect for RX7's fore sure, his car is a definate sleeper, minus the crazy loud exhaust/wastegate noise levels.

But personally I don't car what anyone says it is definately the most sensative engine in large production when tuned. But the main reason that it's sensative is because it's so small but produces crazy air/fuel/exhaust flow properties. You can take car of it properly, love it to death and still (modded vesions) blow it up one day racing. I'll let max tell you his injector sizes (something like 2 1600cc & 2 850cc's, something like that), more than a moderately modded Supra TT that's for sure.

My thoughs on buying one is; Learn to fix it yourself as much as you can because it will save you lot's of cash, time. I allmost bought a 95 RX7 TT, but after talking/trying to deal with to a certain someone that owns a RX7 shop I was deterred, knowing that he would have to tune it or fix it, and I though he was the biggest dick I have ever met in the tunning industry. these are things to consider....Oh ya have a backup vehicle too :thumbsup:

ecstasy_civic
10-15-2002, 11:58 PM
rx7's are pretty light mine weighed in at 2560 and ecstasy_racer's weighed in at 2400 with 1/2 tank of gas and a driver.

finboy
10-16-2002, 12:01 AM
perfect for a huge engine :burnout: :thumbsup:

ecstasy_civic
10-16-2002, 12:05 AM
nah, perfect for braking, hard turns and a huge turbo with lotsa boost:drool:

Joe Malms
10-16-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood (2)

allmost bought a 95 RX7 TT, but after talking/trying to deal with to a certain someone that owns a RX7 shop I was deterred, knowing that he would have to tune it or fix it, and I though he was the biggest dick I have ever met in the tunning industry. these are things to consider....Oh ya have a backup vehicle too :thumbsup:

LOL
are you the guy that called rx7 specialties and asked how much it would cost to fix an oil leak? Thats kinda vague ..and you didnt bring the car in...they need to look at the car to diagnose where the oil is coming from in order to quote you a price.

ecstasy_civic
10-16-2002, 12:27 AM
:rofl: oh my:D

Joe Malms
10-16-2002, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Chris Ng

That being said.. I can think of only a handful of rx7's in town that are taken care of, in great shape, and make good power ..
MaxT is running a T04E turbo setup putting down unknown HP at the moment, however I've dynoed 270hp to the wheels and I know that he pulls pretty good on me..

nice numbers
what amount of boost were you running?

Arthur Dent
10-16-2002, 08:31 AM
Hmmm .... 2900lbs is considered light? My Spitfire weights 1700lbs - that is light. Anyway most you seem to offering opinions with no real knowledge.

The NA rotary motors are very reliable IF maintained properly. They can go 500K kms easy. They burn oil by design so oil levels need to be checked and maintained. If you can buy one with full records then its worth the extra $$$.

The first generation RX-7s tend to be bit more fun as the second generation is a heavier GT car.

The turbo motors tend to be quite a bit less reliable.

V8 swap doesn't have to be an unbalanced pig. The rotary motor itself is fairly light but it accessories aren't so a Ford 302 V8 conversion adds only about 40 lbs to front end. Move the battery to rear, get some aluminum heads and you have got a finely balanced. A Chev small block V8 (the 350 is a small block not a big block btw) weights a bit more but weight can still be easily balanced. Desciding to throw a boinker in rotary car is personal decsion but I see nothing wrong with it.

Chris Ng
10-16-2002, 12:16 PM

nice numbers
what amount of boost were you running?

That was with 13.5 psi boost.. I'm running a to4B compressor with a stock turbine side.. I'm now seeing about 14 - 15 psi on the street, however my intake temps are too high for my likeing.. I've got a front mount IC to be installed eventually..
3" exhaust, 4x720cc injectors, Malpassi fuel pressure regulator, FD fuel pump, Wolf3d standalone engine management, etc...

Max is running a Full To4E turbo.. big sucker.. he makes more power at 13 psi then I do and he's not even in his turbo's efficency range (18-20 psi) ...

Hollywood
10-16-2002, 03:09 PM

LOL
are you the guy that called rx7 specialties and asked how much it would cost to fix an oil leak? Thats kinda vague ..and you didnt bring the car in...they need to look at the car to diagnose where the oil is coming from in order to quote you a price.

I was trying not to say which shop specifically , but you said it not me. Actually I asked how much to replace an oil pan gasket, and a boost leak. Understanding that it may be hard to qoute a boost leak, but an oil pan gasket is an oil pan gasket. He would not give me a price.

It was not the asking how much to fix it that pissed me off, it was how he treated me. I even came down to his shop since I understand that people don't like talking that stuff on the phone. I came in, he ignored me for a bit then I was talking to him, in the middle of the conversation (2 min) to him he picked up the phone and started calling someone, it was very rude, and made me feel that he did not want my business. I was just asking for ball park quotes, most other car mechanics can do that...so. Fuck even Mazda gave me quotes, and I wanted to see the difference.

I had a conditional down payment (dealership) on the car as well at the time pending repair costs/actual price of the vehicle. So you could see why I was asking for quotes.

300rwhp
10-16-2002, 03:42 PM
perfect for a huge engine
I agree with you:thumbsup: this would also solve all of the reliability problems.

Joe Malms
10-16-2002, 04:34 PM

I was trying not to say which shop specifically , but you said it not me. Actually I asked how much to replace an oil pan gasket, and a boost leak. Understanding that it may be hard to qoute a boost leak, but an oil pan gasket is an oil pan gasket. He would not give me a price.

Well.....you made it pretty obvious without actually stating the name. Im sure everyone is aware theres only one rotary shop in town!
As for the incident, i guess im misinformed, because the way i understood it was that you were getting annoyed by him not being able to give you a quote for the boost leak (forgive me for calling it an oil leak before...i was mistaken). FYI, these cars have about 500 different variables when it comes to boost leaks..its next to impossible to quote without driving the car, and looking at it at the least, trust me on that.
As for the oil pan leak, he should have quoted you on that. But maybe theres a chance it could have been a leak from the motor or the turbo's again causing it to be difficult to quote.
If you made it clear that it was a oil pan gasket , then i agree he should have quoted you on that.

As for making a call on the phone while being there..i agree, that isnt cool. He's always busy and he's on the phone a good 30 percent of each work day..and He may have misjudged you on your seriousness. I honestly can't even explain how many "tire kickers" come into the shop shooting off mods and work they want done.

All in all...you totally have a right to your opinion, but i dont think its cool to slam like that. Theres more civilized ways to state your disaproval.

Hollywood
10-16-2002, 08:48 PM

Well.....you made it pretty obvious without actually stating the name. Im sure everyone is aware theres only one rotary shop in town!
As for the incident, i guess im misinformed, because the way i understood it was that you were getting annoyed by him not being able to give you a quote for the boost leak (forgive me for calling it an oil leak before...i was mistaken). FYI, these cars have about 500 different variables when it comes to boost leaks..its next to impossible to quote without driving the car, and looking at it at the least, trust me on that.
As for the oil pan leak, he should have quoted you on that. But maybe theres a chance it could have been a leak from the motor or the turbo's again causing it to be difficult to quote.
If you made it clear that it was a oil pan gasket , then i agree he should have quoted you on that.

As for making a call on the phone while being there..i agree, that isnt cool. He's always busy and he's on the phone a good 30 percent of each work day..and He may have misjudged you on your seriousness. I honestly can't even explain how many "tire kickers" come into the shop shooting off mods and work they want done.

All in all...you totally have a right to your opinion, but i dont think its cool to slam like that. Theres more civilized ways to state your disaproval.

I agree with you 100% Joe, it was a good reply. It just really bugged me. Sometimes I feel like slamming. But if you were in my shoes at the time.....

theken
10-16-2002, 09:16 PM
RX-7's are sweet but i was told by mazda that you need a really good exhaust or you will wreck the engine you can get 2 1/2 or 2 3/4 inch piping all the way through and releive all that back pressure the RX-7 motor is supposed to last for a long time. :thumbsup: I was going to buy one for like 4 grand but i made my choice on my old sundance and im sticking to it.:bigpimp:

frenchdriver
10-16-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by theken
RX-7's are sweet but i was told by mazda that you need a really good exhaust or you will wreck the engine you can get 2 1/2 or 2 3/4 inch piping all the way through and releive all that back pressure the RX-7 motor is supposed to last for a long time. :thumbsup: I was going to buy one for like 4 grand but i made my choice on my old sundance and im sticking to it.:bigpimp:

sundance! a true pimpmobile

infamous
10-16-2002, 09:45 PM
was it a turbo sundance?? those things are fast...

finboy
10-16-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by infamous
was it a turbo sundance?? those things are fast...

hell ya they are.

P. Daddy Pedro
10-17-2002, 12:58 AM
plymouth sundance turbo, yeah they maybe fas but they're ugly as sin.
Theken what Mazda did you go to? i hope it wasn't Kramer those guys are fuckin crooks.

rx7_turbo2
10-17-2002, 10:52 AM

I agree with you 100% Joe, it was a good reply. It just really bugged me. Sometimes I feel like slamming. But if you were in my shoes at the time.....

Hey the forums free to voice whatever opinion you might have. You got a bad vibe from the shop and felt you were'nt being treated with respect, so you left, fair enough. Hows your car running anyway? Max tells me the swap went well.:D

Joe Malms
10-17-2002, 05:12 PM
i never told him he's not entitled to his opinion.
In fact, i agreed with alot of what he said.
I just stated theres more constructive ways to critisize and he agreed with me on that.
Theres absolutely nothing wrong with being public about feeling mistreated by a business establishment! I encourage it!

Anyways, ya, hollywood, tell me about your car
My friend has a 98 LE (just bought advan gen 3's for it too...mmm)
But he's debating weather or not to stay KA24 in the future.

Hollywood
10-17-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Hey the forums free to voice whatever opinion you might have. You got a bad vibe from the shop and felt you were'nt being treated with respect, so you left, fair enough. Hows your car running anyway? Max tells me the swap went well.:D

I just stated theres more constructive ways to critisize and he agreed with me on that.
Theres absolutely nothing wrong with being public about feeling mistreated by a business establishment! I encourage it!

It runs sweet! There is more power than i thought. I basically run 7-12 PSI on a regular basis. 7 (stock) if I want to be gental, 10-12 PSI usally. 1 bar for 1/4 mile. I can fully understand why it's one of the "Super 4cyl". I'm building boost @2000RPM's, and at full boost in the mid 3000's, but I'm running rich right now, so I'm loosing some power there, but all in all it's a blast to drive, and I love the exhaust note, sounds more like a throaty 6cyl.

P.S. Advans RULE! I actuall have the ADR design copies of the model 7's. I originally wanted the model 7's but at 650 per wheel without shipping was too much, I settled for 400'ish each per wheel, tires not included. KA's are too weak IMO, people have there opinions though.

rx7_turbo2
10-18-2002, 08:04 AM

I know, I just restated the obvious, can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time that's the way it goes. How is your car going Joe Malms?;)

Joe Malms
10-18-2002, 01:02 PM

It runs sweet! There is more power than i thought. I basically run 7-12 PSI on a regular basis. 7 (stock) if I want to be gental, 10-12 PSI usally. 1 bar for 1/4 mile. I can fully understand why it's one of the "Super 4cyl". I'm building boost @2000RPM's, and at full boost in the mid 3000's, but I'm running rich right now, so I'm loosing some power there, but all in all it's a blast to drive, and I love the exhaust note, sounds more like a throaty 6cyl.

P.S. Advans RULE! I actuall have the ADR design copies of the model 7's. I originally wanted the model 7's but at 650 per wheel without shipping was too much, I settled for 400'ish each per wheel, tires not included. KA's are too weak IMO, people have there opinions though.

Oops...i forgot to mention that my friend is either gonna turbo the KA or get and sr20...the KA in stock form is butt slow!

If you dont mind me asking...how much did the conversion cost with everything included and where did you get it done?
you can private message me that info if you prefer
;)

Joe Malms
10-18-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

I know, I just restated the obvious, can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time that's the way it goes. How is your car going Joe Malms?;)

Hey Graham Cracka:D
My car is coming along...but extremely slowly.
Kinda swamped with school..so no time to focus on getting things done with it.
But the wheels are constantly in motion..slow motion that is.
haha
and when complete i'll be a member of the illustrious (sp?) "t04" camp along with max, chris, and eric :burnout:

rx7_turbo2
10-20-2002, 12:08 AM

Hey Graham Cracka:D
My car is coming along...but extremely slowly.
Kinda swamped with school..so no time to focus on getting things done with it.
But the wheels are constantly in motion..slow motion that is.
haha
and when complete i'll be a member of the illustrious (sp?) "t04" camp along with max, chris, and eric :burnout:

Good to hear.

I asked Al how your car was comming and he pointed at a pile of parts on a bench;) j/k I share your sentiments about school I'm in the same boat. Hey you left me out of the TO4 club does my hybrid not count:D

Cheers

Joe Malms
10-20-2002, 01:08 PM
haha...ya...the pile of parts would be mine.
So you got a t04 hybrid as well?
Nice!
i'll have my car done this year, thats for sure.
But i wont really drive it till next year.
The list of stuff i want to do keeps growing! But i want to do it right, so i'd rather take my time then rush it.

Taloness
10-21-2002, 12:59 PM
Hybrids? Did somebody mention a hybrid? Does a S5 motor transplanted into a 88 AE, being transplanced into an 86 Tii (with 90-something front bumber), count for the hybrid club?

I hate being left out :angel:

. . . . ha, ha, ha Graham Cracker . . .

rx7_turbo2
10-21-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Taloness
Hybrids? Did somebody mention a hybrid? Does a S5 motor transplanted into a 88 AE, being transplanced into an 86 Tii (with 90-something front bumber), count for the hybrid club?

I hate being left out :angel:

. . . . ha, ha, ha Graham Cracker . . .

Hahaha

That's alot of mixing and matching that's for sure, should be nice once it's all done though.