PDA

View Full Version : Micheal Moores new film is blocked from being released...

Toma
05-06-2004, 04:39 PM
apparantly, Disney which owns Miramax decided to block the movies release.

It's all called Farenheit 911 and it's about Bush, his ties with powerfull mid east families (like Bin Laden's), and his lack of action around 911...

I guess it will be released in the UK though...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3689121.stm

Weapon_R
05-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Someone will get it over here..

ninjak84
05-06-2004, 05:58 PM
what a shit disturber that guy is
he comes up with interesting stuff though

Redlyne_mr2
05-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Haha it's funny how much the US regulates thing considering they're supposed to be hardcore capitalists with one of the worlds most open free markets.

Cyruss12
05-06-2004, 06:28 PM
Disney is in Florida and the Govenor of florida is Jeb bush, which is George Bush's brother, and with the tax cuts for big business Disney didnt want miramax, which is owned by disney to distribute the film because theyre afraid they wont get theyre tax cuts.

403Gemini
05-06-2004, 06:33 PM
censorship = sucks

did you know they banned mein kampf at chapters and indigo book stores

SwitchBlade
05-06-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
censorship = sucks

did you know they banned mein kampf at chapters and indigo book stores

It kinda makes you think cuz they would never ban the bible.

but prolly my book the misadventures of curious george

method
05-06-2004, 08:29 PM
as sad as it is to say, people in society are too easily influenced by others thoughts and beliefs... mein kampf is FULL to the core of outright hatred for certain groups of people... cough cough, and jews wont stand for ANYTHING that puts them in a negative light.. rather than let people decide for themselves, they lobby to have the book banned.

la dee da. I wanna see the new moore movie, I think he fucking rules.

Cyruss12
05-06-2004, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by method
as sad as it is to say, people in society are too easily influenced by others thoughts and beliefs... mein kampf is FULL to the core of outright hatred for certain groups of people... cough cough, and jews wont stand for ANYTHING that puts them in a negative light.. rather than let people decide for themselves, they lobby to have the book banned.

la dee da. I wanna see the new moore movie, I think he fucking rules.

Theres a difference between putting them in a negative light, and talking about genocide.

Weapon_R
05-06-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by method

Isn't the Bible FULL of hatred towards certain groups of people too?

Cyruss12
05-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

Isn't the Bible FULL of hatred towards certain groups of people too?

Yea lol but try forcing the catholic religion to do anything, theyre crazy

max_boost
05-06-2004, 09:37 PM
Someone pirate a copy and hook the rest of us up!:devil: Sounds interesting, I always knew there was some conspiracy around the whole 9/11. There is much more than meets the eye:devil:

Cyruss12
05-06-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Someone pirate a copy and hook the rest of us up!:devil: Sounds interesting, I always knew there was some conspiracy around the whole 9/11. There is much more than meets the eye:devil:

The film wont be out prolly till the end of this year or begining of next year, it didnt even opend at the Cannes Film Festival yet. But I have Bowling For Columbine which is the other film by Moore, and its extremely interesting, i recomend everyone to watch it.

BebeAphrodite
05-07-2004, 06:09 PM
jeb bush?
ha ha ha
what a gross name
it's up there with names like gunther and eugene

A_3
05-08-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Toma

It's all called Farenheit 911 and it's about Bush, his ties with powerfull mid east families (like Bin Laden's), and his lack of action around 911...

That is pretty much the premise of his book "Dude where's my Country?" it's a great read... Bush is unbelievable... he out right lies to the American public, he takes away there civil liberties, kisses the Saudi's ass like you wouldn't believe and is among the biggest monsters in the world right now. I can't take how badly the American public has been brain washed, fuck... 13 of the 16 911 attackers were from Saudi Arabia but was it ever released that the Saudi's attacked American no no no... just terrorist cells... but if 13 Canadians did it... all we would here is "the Canadians attacked us"... "the Canadians want war"... it's sad that Saudi Arabia has it's fingers in pretty much every nook and cranny of the American public... the prince of saudi is even informally reffered to as "Bondar Bush" a name he recieved from George W.'s papi... sorry for the rant... but shit censorship is just another one of Bush's tacticts to indoctrinize the American public further!

Redlyne_mr2
05-08-2004, 10:55 AM
Has anyone seen roger and me? thats another good Moore movie

Cyruss12
05-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by A_3

That is pretty much the premise of his book "Dude where's my Country?" it's a great read... Bush is unbelievable... he out right lies to the American public, he takes away there civil liberties, kisses the Saudi's ass like you wouldn't believe and is among the biggest monsters in the world right now. I can't take how badly the American public has been brain washed, fuck... 13 of the 16 911 attackers were from Saudi Arabia but was it ever released that the Saudi's attacked American no no no... just terrorist cells... but if 13 Canadians did it... all we would here is "the Canadians attacked us"... "the Canadians want war"... it's sad that Saudi Arabia has it's fingers in pretty much every nook and cranny of the American public... the prince of saudi is even informally reffered to as "Bondar Bush" a name he recieved from George W.'s papi... sorry for the rant... but shit censorship is just another one of Bush's tacticts to indoctrinize the American public further!

Well heres another one, one of the books that was just released by one of the people that used to work for Bush said that the prince of Saudi Arabia told Bush that he would lower the oil prices right before the election so the gas price goes down and everyone thinks bush is doing a great job. I persoanlly think Bush is a puppet he's too dumb to be doing these things on his own. Plus he shouldnt even be president. Al Gore got more votes than Bush did in the election. But our election system is so retarted (and bush's brother is the governor of that state we had all the problems in) So Bush isnt pulling anything over on me.

sputnik
05-09-2004, 12:59 PM
This is just another Micheal Moore tactic to get free publicity. Why would he care about Disney/Miramax? If he was truly a grassroots activist with a message for people to hear he would distribute his film online for free.

He is an idiot. I caught a piece of left wing trash when I was in Edmonton called "The Corporation" and he was on the documentary bashing "fat white rich guys"

:rofl:

Time for Mr. Moore to have a look in the mirror.

sputnik
05-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
jeb bush?
ha ha ha
what a gross name
it's up there with names like gunther and eugene

do you ever have anything interesting to say?

method
05-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Cyruss12

Theres a difference between putting them in a negative light, and talking about genocide.

genocide is #1 on the list. just look at the situation in israel. america has to be ridiculously careful about what they say regarding the situation, or else the jewish population gets in an uproar.

they've been scapegoats for thousands of years, and they dont take even the tiniest amount of shit anymore.

Toma
05-09-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
This is just another Micheal Moore tactic to get free publicity. Why would he care about Disney/Miramax? If he was truly a grassroots activist with a message for people to hear he would distribute his film online for free.

He is an idiot. I caught a piece of left wing trash when I was in Edmonton called "The Corporation" and he was on the documentary bashing "fat white rich guys"

:rofl:

Time for Mr. Moore to have a look in the mirror.
God, maybe READ something lol.

Moore has a CONTRACT with Miramax who FUNDED the movie. They have the North American RIGHTS since, well, they PAID for it. He can't just release it.

5.9 R/T
05-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by A_3

I've read his books too and you can't believe everything Moore says. He's a propagandist that is just as bad, if not worse, then the American government.

TalonVelocity
05-09-2004, 03:01 PM
Micheal Moore is the freakin man

hjr
05-09-2004, 03:48 PM
moore never paints the whole picture. He does use lots of miss-interpritation and miss-information in propoganda terms, the same as the US government, BUT at least you get to see the other side of the board. You get extreme pro-us government from themselves and extreme anti-us government from Moore, the truth is some where in the middle, probably more on Moore's side i believe. If you only ever saw the government side, what could you compair it to. Moore does serve a purpose with his books and films.

davidI
05-09-2004, 03:55 PM
The U.S. is turning into a cold war era Russian propoganda machine. Life Liberty and Freedom my ass.

sync
05-10-2004, 12:15 AM
micheal moore is an asshat (http://www.mooreexposed.com/)

davidI
05-10-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by sync
micheal moore is an asshat (http://www.mooreexposed.com/)

That domain is registered to the 'Quadrilateral Commission.'

So who are they? My guess is a government group or agency who is out to discredit Moore's views but I'm hoping someone on here knows.

hjr
05-10-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by sync
micheal moore is an asshat (http://www.mooreexposed.com/) refer to my other post, he is just as much of an asshat as the Government. just on the other side.

E36M3
05-10-2004, 11:15 AM
This is a business decision that Disney is making so that it does not create waves, it is clearly not government sponsored censorship as has been implied in a lot of the posts in this thread.

It might make sense to get another take at the situation, and read the defense by Disney of not distributing the film:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/10/opinion/L10DISN.html?ei=5006&en=aa7a4a3db988e197&ex=1084852800&partner=ALTAVISTA1&pagewanted=print&position=

Michael Moore will distribute this film in the United States, it just appears as though Miramax doesn't want in on it.. This isn't unusual. The company is setup to create value for its shareholders, and it will not sacrifice its brand (or in this case its parents company's brand) for the sake of one project.

Obviously, it makes sense to listen to Michael Moore directly in order to get closer to the truth:

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php?messageDate=2004-05-04

In my opinion, it makes sense for Disney not to distribute the film. They clearly have their own reasons, and a right not to distribute something that they do not want to.. good enough, someone else will.

apparantly, Disney which owns Miramax decided to block the movies release.

I guess it will be released in the UK though...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3689121.stm

rice_eater
05-11-2004, 11:53 PM
it should be on bittorent as soon as it comes out if not earlier...just watch that

Toma
05-12-2004, 07:37 AM
Again....they funded a Moore film! THey knew what they were in for, then changed their minds.

You honestly think politics and business are separate? Especially when you are Disney? :rolleyes:

davidI
05-12-2004, 11:36 AM

You honestly think politics and business are separate? Especially when you are Disney? :rolleyes:

I agree. The gov't didn't censor it in the sense that they told Disney not to release it but in a sense they have a stranglehold over them by providing them tax breaks.

It's the same as how some businesses have a power over political groups because of large contributions to the party. It doesn't have to be said to be implied. If someone gives you some sort of benefit or break and you displease them it should be obvious that they're going to want to revoke that break so why displease them?

A lot of you are saying it's a good business decision for Disney but that's exactly what is meant by saying it will piss off the political parties. From a business point of view, they don't want to lose tax breaks and they don't want to piss off the people who can impose a lot of restrictions on them.