PDA

View Full Version : Fender Rolling

scrapyrs
05-06-2004, 08:55 PM
Hey, just wondering if it is better to get the fenders rolled or to get them cut. I also hear you can rent a fender roller from someone in Calgary, anyone know where?

Thanks

ramminghard
05-06-2004, 10:01 PM
tunerworks has one

WBB6
05-06-2004, 10:36 PM
We have a Fender Roller that we rent out. It is very easy to use!

Contact us for more informaton!

Ridelikeme
05-06-2004, 11:12 PM
so does that mean that u guys make custom fenders.. can u make fender flares?

ZorroAMG
05-06-2004, 11:47 PM
No the fender roller simply rolls the lip on the factory fender to help clear wheels that are wider or if the suspension is dropped...turns fenders from |_ to |/ in a crude drawing kinda way LOL

Moe Man
05-07-2004, 10:29 PM
i just cut mine with a cut off wheel :thumbsup:

SpoonEK9@STRD
05-08-2004, 01:49 AM
use a baseball bat.

Mckenzie
05-08-2004, 05:54 AM
I am scared to lower my car because I dont want the paint to crack or to rust prematurely.

Has anyone experienced or heard of this yet?

7thgenvic
05-08-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Mckenzie
I am scared to lower my car because I dont want the paint to crack or to rust prematurely.

Has anyone experienced or heard of this yet?

paint has a certain amount of flex to it, thats how paintless dent removal works so well, and you shouldn't be scared to lower your car because the paint will crack, that has nothing to do with the paint, are you talking about rolling your fenders and haveing your paint crack or lowering your car and having your paint crack.

BBMac
05-08-2004, 02:05 PM
rolling your fenders works well with a wooden bat. do not use Aluminum!!! if you are worried about paint cracking take your time and use a heat gun to warm the paint/metal to make it easier. I can't stress taking your time enough. the paint can crack easily if you try to bash the fender or try to bend it flush in one step. take a bunch of rolls per fender!

Hakkola
05-22-2004, 12:09 AM
The previous owner of my vehicle had rolled the fenders. I just noticed some pretty heavy duty cracking of the paint and I was told it was most likely due to this.

I don't know what method was used but next time I go to the dealership I'll ask him.

three.eighteen.
05-22-2004, 06:19 PM
rolling painted fenders will result in cracked paint no matter what, even minute ones, properly rolled fenders shuold be done prior to a paint job

Mckenzie
05-22-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic

paint has a certain amount of flex to it, thats how paintless dent removal works so well, and you shouldn't be scared to lower your car because the paint will crack, that has nothing to do with the paint, are you talking about rolling your fenders and haveing your paint crack or lowering your car and having your paint crack.

No I am talking about rolling the fenders and having the paint crack. It was new paint just last summer so I am a bit concerned. I am hopinh that the new wheels I get will have a high enough offset that I will not have to roll the fenders.

qrankz
05-23-2004, 01:48 AM
I had my fenders shaved instead. Was too afraid of cracking paint.