PDA

View Full Version : I Need A Lawyer . Asap

dogmaiwli
05-07-2004, 10:18 AM
I need a lawyer, as I was inocent in a car accident, and they have written off my car and I need someone with knowledge so I can get the best Settlement possible.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45048&highlight=accident+came+to+me
should give you some background

PM ME Please if you know anyone.

Thanks
Lonnie "Dogmaiwli"

QuasarCav
05-07-2004, 10:20 AM
do you have a lawyer you use for your business?

on a side note i saw you washing your car at the wash on heritage. Probably the last time the car was not wrecked!

Good luck man:)

Gonthro
05-07-2004, 10:29 AM
jut call one of those, we dont collect until you do, lawyers... they would et you a good settlement, but whatever you do DO NOT go to yanko

izzoblitzo
05-07-2004, 10:30 AM
My lawyer is pretty good..

Henry Beaumont at Beaumont Church.
Give them a call. He's wise with everything.

Weapon_R
05-07-2004, 11:07 AM
Call this guy - an absolute monster in court :)

His firm is called "Yanko and company". It's in the phone book.

Gonthro
05-07-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Call this guy - an absolute monster in court :)

that guy is a fucking tool, my mom got rearended totally not her fault totally fucked her back for life and it took him TEN FUCKING YEARS to get her $1000

ZorroAMG
05-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Gonthro
whatever you do DO NOT go to yanko

Call this guy - an absolute monster in court

LOL...ummmm....

Weapon_R
05-07-2004, 11:21 AM

that guy is a fucking tool, my mom got rearended totally not her fault totally fucked her back for life and it took him TEN FUCKING YEARS to get her $1000

Maybe you didn't have a solid case. He just got my friend $30,000 on an injury suit. Fantastic outcome IMO

Gonthro
05-07-2004, 11:27 AM
my mom was drivingher school bus, she was stopped at a red light and a lady parked her car under the back of the bus... her back was perminantly damaged... how is that not a solid case, the guy is an idiot

sputnik
05-07-2004, 11:36 AM

Maybe you didn't have a solid case. He just got my friend $30,000 on an injury suit. Fantastic outcome IMO

Fantastic Outcome? How can being permanently injured be worth $30,000?

Weapon_R
05-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

Fantastic Outcome? How can being permanently injured be worth $30,000?

Sweet - how did you find out the severity of the injury? Or better yet, do you know what payouts in Canada average?

sputnik
05-07-2004, 11:43 AM

Sweet - how did you find out the severity of the injury? Or better yet, do you know what payouts in Canada average?

Please... inform us all.

sputnik
05-07-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by dogmaiwli
I need a lawyer, as I was inocent in a car accident, and they have written off my car and I need someone with knowledge so I can get the best Settlement possible.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45048&highlight=accident+came+to+me
should give you some background

PM ME Please if you know anyone.

Thanks
Lonnie "Dogmaiwli"

How badly were you injured?

Gonthro
05-07-2004, 11:56 AM
in his other thread he stated that he was not injured, i dont think he wnats an injury lawyer, he just wnats someone to keep his insurance record clean

sputnik
05-07-2004, 12:06 PM
in his other thread he stated that he was not injured, i dont think he wnats an injury lawyer, he just wnats someone to keep his insurance record clean

Ah, then he really shouldnt need a lawyer unless his insurance company tries to screw him, and even such its probably easier just to change insurance companies.

As for the value of the car, as long as he brings in a few ads of local cars that are forsale that are similar to his he should get a decent payout for it.

90_Shelby
05-07-2004, 12:17 PM
I used McNally and Cummings. They treated me well and got me a great settlement.

Toma
05-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Things are getting tougher in Alberta. If you are after some cash, be ready for lengthy phisiotherapy, doctors visits, chirporactors etc...

It's not as easy as it used to be. You need to justify WHY you want 30,000, or $70,000. Most of it these days will be LOST WAGES, so you need income tax returns, proof of how much work you missed, and wages lost etc.

"Pain and Suffering" is not worth much in Canada, and especially Alberta anymore.

Plus any lawyer these days will take 35 % or more (which they should be killed for) ;), the doctors get cuts for their reports, testimony etc.... complete rip-off for the person that is legitimately hurt.

trina
05-07-2004, 03:54 PM
Upon the advice of my Chiropractor (Sandy McLeod, best in the city @ Freedom Chiropractic - with him for 7 years, highly recommend), we've gone with Ross Kaplan of McLeod & Co. Apparently, he wrote the book on injury law. If you want his e-mail, PM me.

Loose
05-07-2004, 04:10 PM
You don't need a lawyer for that. Lawyers who take no money up front will want you to put in a personal injury claim, so that they can make their contigency of you.

If you are worried, threaten that you are considering obtaining a lawyer to handle your case because you are worried about long term injury effects of the collision. This will scare the shat out of them.

If you want a good settlement for you're property, tell them how much you want, and say that you are willing to completely sign off on the case if they take care of you.

They will probably give you what you want (unless it's completely out to lunch), in an attempt to close the case to any future injury claims.

btw.. i'm assuming you are uninjured and are not persuing an injury claim. I'm assuming you just want no fault, and good compensation for your car.

rage2
05-07-2004, 04:39 PM
Injury lawyers only deal with injuries. They don't give a crap if you get the most money you can get for a writeoff, or for fixing your car, etc. because they don't get anything out of it. Totally useless in those circumstances.

roopi
05-07-2004, 09:40 PM
Now I know why insurance rates are so high...

dogmaiwli
05-08-2004, 10:18 AM
I was injured (im not kidding) I just didn't realize I was injured till I woke up the next morning with a stiff neck, sore back, and shooting pains down my left arm.

I Forgot I had a buddy in my volunteer group who is a lawyer, so I tracked him down and he took my case.

They wrote my car off so he is going after the upgrades over and above the base price. Plus he is going after the injury claim also.

They have already come up with settlements they are getting them to my lawyer on monday.

Thanks for all the advice though.

I JUST WANT MY BABY BACK

I wish life had "Rewind"