PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom teeth

SwitchBlade
05-07-2004, 03:23 PM
Hey i got my wisdom teeth extracted so far soo good. Anyone have any suggestions for eating, painkillers and swelling. Thanks

Shaolin
05-07-2004, 03:28 PM
who did you get it out with? I was have soups for about 3 days and drank warm water for a couple of days..

I took painkillers but I didn't get any pains to begin with, but i took them anyways because it was doctor's orders.. when I got them out on the first day I just covered my cheeks with frozen vegetables.

franky73
05-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Anything cold for eating is good. Try to aviod using anything with Codeine (i.e t3) in it for a pain killer. With the lack of food you will be eating most likel you will get constipated (side effect of codiene). For pain you can double does with Ibuprofen and something like advil, taking a dose of each every two hours.

SwitchBlade
05-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Cant remember the doctors name, he serves a few different locations. He liked to say "theres no two ways about it"1 lots though. He was really good ill have to get his name. He recomended Codine but i might just take advil.

method
05-07-2004, 06:47 PM
222s are tylenol/acetaminophen and codeine.

they throw caffeine in there too, cause codeine will knock you out. constipates you too :D

advil and aspirin have the anti-inflammatory properties that tylenol does not.

dont mix any shit.

milkshakes ahoy!

rice_eater
05-07-2004, 07:44 PM
i took mine out a month ago and i had no swelling and no need for any painkillers:D but i still have to suck my gums to get the food that gets trapped out of the holes. My suggestion is to rinse your mouth with mouthwash after each meal or at least once a day to get the really small pieces out. you'll be surprised how much crap gets stuck in.

SwitchBlade
05-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Haha im glad the holes are normal i was shitting myself, as for t he mixing i may be screwed i have tylenol codein and pennicilin. *head hits keyboard* for the swelling i used some frozen pizza pops. I havent eaten yet im lazy but my parents are rat bastards and bought pizza it smells sooo goood. Im gonna steal some n post whore myself :bigpimp:

SwitchBlade
05-07-2004, 08:46 PM
Is minimal bleeding ok?

max_boost
05-07-2004, 11:08 PM
My wisdom extraction was an unbelievable experience. My dentist took it out, virtually no pain, no blood, nothing. It hurt less than a regular extraction:eek: I went for lunch 15mins later and ate a huge bowl of pho. :rofl: Freaking weird stuff haha

ZorroAMG
05-08-2004, 12:07 AM
Most of the people who have no issues with them being removed is because they aren't impacted. Most often all the pain and sheit is when the wisdom teeth are growing in at an angle (impacted) and they have to be dug out with surgery.../|||||||\ this is way more than simply pulling then straight out if they have surfaced or even digging a bit and pulling straight out...the holes are way bigger ....

just make sure no food gets in the holes to infect....did you get a water syringe?

Cyruss12
05-08-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Most of the people who have no issues with them being removed is because they aren't impacted. Most often all the pain and sheit is when the wisdom teeth are growing in at an angle (impacted) and they have to be dug out with surgery.../|||||||\ this is way more than simply pulling then straight out if they have surfaced or even digging a bit and pulling straight out...the holes are way bigger ....

just make sure no food gets in the holes to infect....did you get a water syringe?

All 4 of mine were impacted and i has no pain or bleeding whatsoever, i just swelled up like basketball.

core_upt
05-08-2004, 01:01 AM
all four of mine were impacted - it scked. the day i got them done I was pretty much out of it and incoherent from the anesthetic, day 2 i felt fine, a little woosy, day three and four were torture, most painful thing ever. by day 5 it got a bit better and i could finally eat really soft food which was good cause i was soo fucking sick of yogurt.

my freind just got ers out and she was a bit swollen, but seems fine so far.

i guess it just depends on the person - i prepared her for the worst and it wasn't bad at all. good luck and enjoy the painkillers!

ZorroAMG
05-08-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Cyruss12

All 4 of mine were impacted and i has no pain or bleeding whatsoever, i just swelled up like basketball.

Yours was a lucky case, but the swelling is because you technically pissed your mouth off by digging those guys out LOL

Cyruss12
05-08-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

Yours was a lucky case, but the swelling is because you technically pissed your mouth off by digging those guys out LOL

yea lol it was there revenge, they gave me them to keep too, they were huge too. i didnt think teeth were that big

leutyc
05-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Mine come out on the 20th and i am scared.

SwitchBlade
05-08-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by leutyc

Nothing to worry about, i do suggest eating all the good stuff the night before. Stock up on ice packs n icecream for milkshakes, ichiban is alright too

blinkme_210
05-08-2004, 04:40 PM
What's the average cost to extract wisdom teeth? I'm thinking about getting mine done too.

SwitchBlade
05-08-2004, 04:44 PM
Mine where bout 600 i also choose just freezing thats all you need IMO.

MM99lude
05-08-2004, 05:49 PM
600?? WTF mine cost almost 2000 to get out... mind u i did choose to get knocked out for the whole thing... i guess its the cost of the anaesthesiologist.

max_boost
05-08-2004, 05:52 PM
How do you people pay $2000 to get your wisdoms extracted? Sounds like a surgical (sp) procedure or something:eek: I only paid $120 for my upper two:dunno:

Cyruss12
05-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by MM99lude
600?? WTF mine cost almost 2000 to get out... mind u i did choose to get knocked out for the whole thing... i guess its the cost of the anaesthesiologist.

My dentist told me i had to get mine out, so i had to go to an oral surgeon, i got the nitrous gas, which was the best thing i ever felt lol, and i think i paid 100$ for the whole thing, and i got all 4 out.

leutyc
05-08-2004, 07:47 PM
I will ask and see what the quota came in at, ya that eatting sorda sucks, but we did it on a thusday so we have the 4 days off, (both me and my bro go in at same time) and the doctor is super nice, just scared about it them cuting into my mouth, like the stitches and if somthing goes wrong, well guess well find out soon.

Cyruss12
05-08-2004, 07:57 PM
I will ask and see what the quota came in at, ya that eatting sorda sucks, but we did it on a thusday so we have the 4 days off, (both me and my bro go in at same time) and the doctor is super nice, just scared about it them cuting into my mouth, like the stitches and if somthing goes wrong, well guess well find out soon.

you wont even know theyre cutting in ur gums, i woke up during it but i was so high off the gas i didnt even care, and i dont think i even had stitches cuz i never went back to get them out, unless they were the disovalbe ones.

leutyc
05-09-2004, 10:04 AM
I was told they will use the disolving ones, Just asked on the price, $1300 per/ person and insurance covers $1200, so in the end it's about $100 per person.

pinoyhero
05-09-2004, 10:17 AM
As is the case with most any ailment, rest. Get as much sleep as you can and relax so the blood doesn't flow too much.

TheXplosion
05-09-2004, 09:35 PM
i need to wait a month to get a consalation(sp) and then make a new date to get them out and one is coming out and killing me now.:thumbsdow :whipped: :guns: :guns:

D'z Nutz
05-11-2004, 02:05 AM
Mine were supposed to be $2000, because they were under the gums and I needed to go to an oral surgeon for it. Plus I got put under for it too.

In the end it cost me a big fat $0 because the company I was working for at the time had a nice dental coverage :D

Oh, and for all the Chinese people getting wisdom taken out... congee is your best friend :rofl:

lam-boy
05-11-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Mine were supposed to be $2000, because they were under the gums and I needed to go to an oral surgeon for it. Plus I got put under for it too.

In the end it cost me a big fat $0 because the company I was working for at the time had a nice dental coverage :D

Oh, and for all the Chinese people getting wisdom taken out... congee is your best friend :rofl:

with that one pork sponge thing haha its goodddddddd (really fine dried shredded pork)

so how do i know when my wisdom teeth are coming out/
im 19 now and i dont feel any pain or see anything coming in the back of my jaw.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
05-11-2004, 02:31 AM
Hey i have mine commin out on the 20th too
Only one though, guess im lucky...sorta

finboy
05-11-2004, 07:05 AM
keep toothpicks handy, a LOT of food will get stuck in the holes.

sputnik
05-11-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by finboy
keep toothpicks handy, a LOT of food will get stuck in the holes.

its like breast bug of the mouth... :D:D

BebeAphrodite
05-11-2004, 12:41 PM
I never grew my wisdom teeth! :D

:cry:

Shaolin
05-11-2004, 12:42 PM
i just stayed away from solid foods for 3-4 days.. wanted to make sure no food got stuck, because that just sucks :thumbsdow

DJ Lazy
05-11-2004, 09:06 PM
my bottom ones have come in... but not all the way.. they are about 75% in... not sure if I am gonna have to get them yanked or not... Guess I will find out when I go to the dentist next time..

leutyc
05-20-2004, 03:38 PM
This sucks royal DICK, i hate it, it hurts, there is blood ever where, i am tierd, tirsty and cranky, THIS SUCKS FUCK and i can't feel my face. AAARRRGGGG ME MAD.

happygirl
05-28-2004, 12:03 AM
it was pain free for me:thumbsup:

toyotaz23
06-01-2004, 07:30 PM
I bled for two days, and my face was swollen for about 2 weeks. Best thing is to try and not get an infection, cuase then your swollen for about a month. No one likes to look like a chipmunk ahahaha

jennyanniemary
06-02-2004, 11:32 PM
are they optional?

Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
I never grew my wisdom teeth! :D

:cry:

BebeAphrodite
06-03-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by jennyanniemary
are they optional?

nope, just luck of the draw...

jennyanniemary
06-03-2004, 11:41 AM
i dont get it? dont they always grow for everyone? arnt some ppl's jaw have enough space that they dont need to be taken out? or do some ppl just dont get them at all? in my case the dentist doctor person screwed up some gums in the lower right jaw (permanant) very slight tingling feeling and probably some lost in sensativity too... but they make everyone sign a wavier form....

Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel

nope, just luck of the draw...

2UTH DR
06-03-2004, 08:54 PM
interesting thread guys...

I'm a dentist. I extract wisdoms on a regular basis, including the impactions.

abyss
06-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Is there a particular age they are supposed to come in by? 'cause I haven't gotten mine *yet*.

RiCE-DaDDy
06-04-2004, 05:08 PM
just had it done today.

my bottom right doesn't stop bleeding! and it was a impacted tooth. like every five mins, i gotta spit it out because the blood forms into a gooey ball.

jennyanniemary
06-04-2004, 05:18 PM
did u get those gauze pad thingys to stuff in your mouth?

Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
just had it done today.

my bottom right doesn't stop bleeding! and it was a impacted tooth. like every five mins, i gotta spit it out because the blood forms into a gooey ball.

RiCE-DaDDy
06-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by jennyanniemary
did u get those gauze pad thingys to stuff in your mouth?

doesnt help

2UTH DR
06-05-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

doesnt help

Having a little blood oozing from the extraction site for a few days is normal. If you wish, you can bite on a tea bag. The tannic acid in the tea bag helps the blood to clot. I really wouldn't worry about it, unless by some small chance you have a blood clotting disorder.

2UTH DR
06-05-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by abyss
Is there a particular age they are supposed to come in by? 'cause I haven't gotten mine *yet*.

The age at which a wisdom tooth erupts varies quite a lot from each individual. The usual range of ages is about 18 to 22. However if the wisdom tooth becomes impacted, it may not erupt into the mouth at all, and you would not realize that you had it in your jaws. The best way to monitor the wisdom teeth is to take a PAN x-ray which shows the entire jaws. Then the dentist can see what's happening in there and tell you whether or not you are ready to get your wisdom teeth extracted. Some lucky individuals do not grow some or all wisdom teeth, and some individuals have large enough jaws that there is enough room for the wisdom teeth to erupt into the mouth and function normally as a molar.

dkny_stylez
06-07-2004, 08:39 AM
my mouth was froze for 2 hrs after it was done. THe bitch part was that my gums were bleeding for 3 straight days.

SwitchBlade
06-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Mine bled for 2 hrs and one bled for 4 or so cuz the stitches came out early. Apparently tea bags help if u bite down on them.

habsfan
06-07-2004, 05:28 PM
i got mine out last year. face swelled like a champ and i had to get used to digging food out of the newly formed craters in my mouth lol

RiCE-DaDDy
06-07-2004, 11:01 PM
2UTH DR, why do we have wisdom teeth? doesn't seem very wise :D

Khyron
06-07-2004, 11:52 PM
Seems to me the younger you have it done, the less trauma you deal with. I had mine done at 14 or 15 and I was eating normally the next day - I would have done the procedure again for 5 bucks, it was that easy. Most other kids my age at the time had no real issues either - but other people that had them done at 18 or older seemed to really be hit hard - my sister-in-law was almost comatose for a whole week (22 I think when they did it).

I had all 4, and it was ordered because they didn't want them to wreck the work the braces did. My sister only had 2 develop.

Khyron

GQBalla
07-22-2004, 01:53 AM
esh i know this is a old thread but ihave to get mine out aug 21st...... at least i get to get knocked out!:D

WGR4Pussies
07-22-2004, 02:14 AM
i get to keep my wisdom teeth, does that mean im wiser?:rofl:

fcuk_it
07-22-2004, 07:48 PM
OMFG i just got mine pulled out on tuesday... all 4 of them too... worst paid ive ever endured... i woke up half way through the surgery, and now im DIEING!!!
anyone have a way to make this pain go away...

leutyc
07-22-2004, 08:00 PM
Suck on tea bags, use the drugs, sit and relax, try and sleep. Lotsa soup. And just tough it out.

GQBalla
07-22-2004, 11:47 PM
you woke up halfway in the surgery???? wtf....

fcuk_it
07-23-2004, 01:01 AM
yeah man... they gave me 3 little pills which were supposed to knock me out but i woke up and flipped out then they had to gas me(which they should have done in the first place)
a procedure that should have been 2 hrs lasted 6 hrs...

kiwi
07-23-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by fcuk_it
yeah man... they gave me 3 little pills which were supposed to knock me out but i woke up and flipped out then they had to gas me(which they should have done in the first place)
a procedure that should have been 2 hrs lasted 6 hrs...

OMG, what happened when you woke up 1/2 way thru it? Did you feel anything?????? :eek:

fcuk_it
07-23-2004, 05:10 PM
no i didn't feel anything but i remember throwing shit and them having to gas me then thats all i remember... my mom was in the waiting room and she told me all she could here was me throwing shit and hitting them haha... i don't remember much it was a big blur...

WGR4Pussies
07-24-2004, 01:56 AM
lmao, im supirsed they didnt strap you down after that, then feel you up;) :poosie:

tish
08-17-2004, 07:15 PM
:thumbsdow
I got my wisdom teeth pulled out today, hurt like hell on the bottom tooth, I could still feel the pain even though I was frozen there, but it really sucks. I am still bleeding everywhere, and I am 28 years old, I am too old for this much pain,!!!!!!

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :drool:

HoneyG
08-17-2004, 09:06 PM
omg.... worst pain ever

milkshakes...chicken noodle soup...ice cream... and either than the pain killers
sleep!! so your not awake during most of the pain...

chibi_chas
08-17-2004, 10:27 PM
i coudnt eat fro 3 days . my whole jaw was swollen . bad bad experience

SI-vic
08-22-2004, 02:53 AM
not sure if you mentioned the doctors name in the thread yet but could you pm me with his info...
name and contacts please?

I need mine out asap!

GQBalla
08-23-2004, 08:42 AM
argh i take out all 4 of mine today at 12:30............i had to stop eatin solid food at midnight yesterday...:thumbsdow ....couldn't smoke or drink alcohol 24 hours before surgury.......argh... oh well good time to quit smokin i think! ahaha ill post back when i get home from the surgury!

ramminghard
08-23-2004, 12:21 PM
i just had mine out this morning. it sucks, glad i only have to do it once.

GQBalla
08-23-2004, 03:53 PM
fuckk mine are already out ahahah my face is still numb but whateevr!

cookbob
08-23-2004, 04:03 PM
i get mine out tomorrow. hopefully i dont swell up too much and theres no pain.

wildrice
09-06-2004, 09:39 PM
okay, so it's only the codeine that causes the constipation??

need to b4 Sept 17th, getting my 3 wisdom teeth pulled out on the 18th

cloud7
09-07-2004, 01:47 PM
shit, I am 28... I am freaking out because I still have all four of my wisdom teeth ... the dentist had said that I should have them removed... but hearing the stories, I don't know if I should just leave them in there...

Ariakas
09-07-2004, 02:59 PM
Just get them pulled, you don't want your wisdom to interfere with your molars. Plus the older you get the more it hurts... I got all 4 of them pulled, around your age. I didn't go to sleep cuz it was cheaper. It was quick and bloody, Dr Vincelli was where I got them done. My healing process sucked cuz I got dry sockets... so I was contantly getting headaches, took 6 advils at once. They had to put in some clover in my socket to ease the pain but it taste very gross. Anyways, all good now :)

wildrice
09-25-2004, 03:28 PM
ow, i just got 3 pulled a couple hours ago
the first one was painless, second hurt like a bitch, and third was damn quick and painless

my bottom first two were impacted, and i guess the second one on the right side didn't have enought freezie stuff
but yea, the bleeding isn't stopping

i'm not felling that much pain now, but damn my throat hurts, probably from swallowing all that blood

when will i be able to get some feeling back in my face?
ne one know?

wildrice
09-25-2004, 06:29 PM
omg, the freezie stuff is going away
and so is the numbness but now it fcuking hurts every time i swallow

ow, in pain

bart
09-25-2004, 07:25 PM
i dont understand why this is so common in north america... ??????

if your's are fine LEAVE THEM IN! there is like no such thing as wisdom tooth removal in poland for example, lol. dont you see your dentist will get a hefty comission if he convinces you to pay thousands to get 4 teeth removed? lol, suckers. yes, they do have 'these' agreements with the guy he recommends... mine are staying in for life!

bart
09-25-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by cloud7
shit, I am 28... I am freaking out because I still have all four of my wisdom teeth ... the dentist had said that I should have them removed... but hearing the stories, I don't know if I should just leave them in there...

tell your dentist to go fuck off!

wildrice
09-25-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by bart
i dont understand why this is so common in north america... ??????

if your's are fine LEAVE THEM IN! there is like no such thing as wisdom tooth removal in poland for example, lol. dont you see your dentist will get a hefty comission if he convinces you to pay thousands to get 4 teeth removed? lol, suckers. yes, they do have 'these' agreements with the guy he recommends... mine are staying in for life!

wtf is ur prob dude

most ppl do leave them in if they fit in their jaw don't they??
um.....thousands of dollars just to get 4 teeth removed???
it only cost $600 something for 3
and i had dental benefits too, so i only ended up paying $140 for getting 3 wisdom teeth pulled out

bart
09-25-2004, 08:17 PM
no problems here! when i do have some, i will let you know!

aquamarine
10-04-2004, 11:54 PM
If I may make a silly but serious suggestion.... go to the Great Canadian Superestore and near the bakery section, pick up some of those one-bite-brownies or one-bit blondies. They are tasty, fairly spongy and are very filling. I lived off those things when I had my teeth removed. Take one out of the bag, pull it in half and press it between your tongue and the roof of your mouth. Squish.

Tilt your head and swallow with an open mouth, otherwise you might suck out the blood clots that are forming and have a nice mouth full of bloody gooey brownie. NOT pleasant. The last thing you want is a dry-socket.

Zero102
10-10-2004, 03:24 PM
Jeez, I had mine out on Friday. They put me under to do them, no way in hell I was going to watch it. Only problem is that I remember a lot of them removing my teeth, exactly what I wanted to avoid.

3 of the 4 were pretty good, although everything was over-crowded with them in there, so they had to come out, or I had to get braces. However, the lower right one was growing out completely sideways, right out the side of my gums, towards my cheek. That one is hell.
If it wasn't for that one, I would be just fine right now, I can't even feel the others, virtually no swelling, and almost no bleeding.
However, the lower right one did not stop bleeding until about 6AM saturday. I used the gauze things, tea bags, everything. I lost around 2 litres of blood. I fainted several times, once while going to the bathroom (fun fun fun...). If somebody with a car had been home I would have gone to the hospital, but I can't pay for an ambulance, and there is no way in hell I was driving.
Because of all the blood I lost/swallowed, I threw up for the first time in several years (and again a few hours later), and now my stomach/back hurt more than my face.

People who want to remove your wisdom teeth are sick.

Zero102
10-11-2004, 09:56 PM
Hmm, finally got up the nerve to poke around in my mouth today... they absolutely massacred my right cheek, no wonder I bled so much, there are some huge chunks of skin missing. And..... I am about 99% sure they left my top-left wisdom tooth in. Although, it sure hurts like crazy now.

I'm not too happy about this, since I paid for having all 4 teeth out, at the dentist's reccomendation, and there is no way in hell I'm letting them take another shot at it.