PDA

View Full Version : Connecting a KOSS MSP8200

stranger_78
05-07-2004, 06:00 PM
Hello all.

I'm going to connect a sub to my car but I wanted expert help first. The sub is actually just an amp/8"speaker combo that I'm sure you're all very familiar with.

This is the way I'm thinking of hooking it up, please tell me if I'm going to be doing something wrong:

B+ --> Spliced with REM
REM --> Connected to "hot when key on" circuit (probably radio)
GND --> Chasis ground

Low Input Left --> Spliced to rear left speaker
Low Input Right --> Spliced to rear right speaker

I figure, why not connect B+ with REM? I always want my amp to run if the radio is on. As for the speaker connections, I'm not sure if there's a risk that power from the sub amp flows back to them..

Let me know.
Thanks!

djstefan
05-08-2004, 10:56 PM
your radio should have a blue wire that is the power antena wire. You should connect the REM from the amp to that blue power antena wire.

Your positive wire should come from the battery. If you connect it to anything else, you will burn out the amp or whatever you connect it to.

The negative just goes on the frame of the car.

Also, check your head unit and see if it has any RCA outputs in the back. You might want to connect the amp imput wires to the RCA outputs. That will give you much better sound.

If you connect the REM to the battery directly, your amp will always be on and you will burn out the battery when car not running. REM always should go to the Acces from your key or to the blue wire on the head unit.