PDA

View Full Version : Question

jumperman8
05-07-2004, 06:47 PM
Ok, this doeesnt have anyhting ot do with cars really, but i need to find this out, my friend and i were driving in my neighborhood and we spead threw a playground zone completely not paying attention. And on our way out a group of adults(im 17 she is 16) stopped us, they proceeded to yell at my friend(who was driving) and swearing at her. They took down are liscnce plate number( which is understood, we did break the law) then blocked are way of exit. Another lady came and opened her door(drivers side) and tried to get her to come out of the car(didnt touch her but in her face) then she proceeded to yell at her face to face, causeing my friend to cry, then made fun of her telling her she wants to kill a kid and shit like this, then a male came up to the window and started yelling as well, threatening to soe her. I was jsut wondering tho if it is not agaisnt the law to open the door of a occupants vehicle and try to get her out? jus twanted some thougths. thanks

SwitchBlade
05-07-2004, 06:54 PM
I would say that your incident would be againt the law probably for assault. Police dont do that to people or shouldnt. And if no one was hurt/killed then nothing should have happened.

method
05-07-2004, 07:06 PM
charge them with harassment. :werd:

lancer_evo_7
05-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Thats mental assault, and there is a charge for that. Check it out with the police. They can report you in a situation like that, but they cant detain you, and they cant open your door. They were obviously being assholes. As for the police, they usually cant write a ticket from word of mouth (this situation)

///M3
05-07-2004, 08:33 PM
If it were me. Id roll up my windows in there faces, pop the finger, And slowly plow through the ppl blocking the exit, trying not to kill them. Throw a few more profanities, and leave.

DeathBy240
05-07-2004, 08:40 PM
The only thing people can do to you is citizens arrest you, but you were not commiting an indictable offense and you were not being persued by police, so they have no grounds to do that.

jumperman8
05-07-2004, 11:16 PM
thansk everyone for the input, it was absolutly crazy and i am still amazzed that it happend