PDA

View Full Version : WTB : turbo 5 spd sports car *FOUND ONE*

slowazzporsche
05-08-2004, 10:56 AM
I am open to different makes and models and have been looking at the dsm family, 300zx's, supras, celica all-tracs and rx-7's, The car must look reasonable, be able to pass a safety, not need any MAJOR work and no more then $6000 (I'm in Edmonton, I don't have money like you calgary folks :drool: ) and yes a finder's fee is available if I end up picking it up!;)

slowazzporsche
05-10-2004, 09:49 PM
82 views and not one post, NO ONE knows of a turbo sports car for sale right now?

Sic_vic
05-10-2004, 10:37 PM
for under 6000.....hard find.

C4S
05-10-2004, 11:46 PM
for $6,000 .. some early 90's Talon should work ..

there r few of them for sale in beyond .. like 91, 92 . around $4k - $6K

And they are nice car . ~ 200HP .. and most of them are AWD !

Or some 88/89 Celica All -Trac turbo is around $6K - $7K

86-88 Rx-7 turbo will fit in your budget as well .. however, need to pay more attention if you r looking for a rotory turbo engine.

Edmonton people are rich ! but people just rather to spend $65K on a pick up truck .. not on a car ! :dunno:

slowazzporsche
05-11-2004, 06:56 AM
I've just had bad luck searching it seems, ever since I got burnt on a rotary I've taken cars for inspections before buying em

There was a '90 awd turbo, leather, great shape but the day before I went to pick it up a rad hose blew and he over-heated it pretty bad so I wasn't interested anymore, needed a headgasket and a few other things

Then I took an '87 supra turbo for an inspection, it seemed fine but it leaked at the diff, at the turbo, at the rad, at the head, needs new rotors and pads, 4 new tires and some electrical work, was so hyped about the car then I find out it needs all this.

I guess I'm just disappointed and not havin any real luck and not being lazy but thought perhaps some of you guys knew of some cars not listed in the bargain finder or auto trader and not on here either, looked all thruout already.. that nice black tsi with the bomex front is not being sold anymore, guess I'll have to wait til summer when ppl find a new love and need to sell their old cars :D

slowazzporsche
05-13-2004, 06:39 PM
well I just picked up a 944 from the SE side of calgary and headed back this morning, not in need of a car anymore

p.s calgary women are sooooooo much hotter then edmonton women.. you guys are lucky :P

C4S
05-14-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by slowazzporsche

p.s calgary women are sooooooo much hotter then edmonton women.. you guys are lucky :P

Because we are in PLAYOFF ! :clap: