PDA

View Full Version : Slight Accident

DarkDream
05-08-2004, 12:50 PM
Alright during the week.... i accidently rear ended a nissan Quest
but o nly slightly where there was only a scratch off from the paint and no visible dent........ So i was wondering if there was a dent so he claims is it possible to roll out the dent..... This is the new nissan quest...... it has those backing up sensors and has some feature within the bumper that can with stand 5 miles impact..... IS it possible to still roll out the dent or do you have to buy an entire new bumper......

SwitchBlade
05-08-2004, 01:08 PM
Depending on the scratch you can probably buff it out. I work the detail at Stadium. If you can fit your fingernail in the scratch jus a little bit you can buff it out. Dent can be rolled out just as long as none of the sensors are in the way. I would offer to pay for the scratches and/or dent so you dont take a big hit on the insurance.

autobodygal
05-08-2004, 01:09 PM
Depending on the amount of damage, plastic bumpers can easily be repaired rather than replacing. Sometimes it isn't cost efficient to do a repair, but it can be done flawlessly in many circumstances.

DarkDream
05-08-2004, 01:18 PM
sorry but its more like the paint that has been scratched off.... and the owner of the vehicle said that its rippled.....

SwitchBlade
05-08-2004, 01:27 PM
You will prolly have to get it taken off stripped and re-painted or order a new one and get it painted.

BBMac
05-08-2004, 01:56 PM
being that it is a urethane bumper it may be hard to "roll" out the dent depending if there are any cracks in the plastic. I would go with swtich blade on this one, get an estimate done at a body shop and go with him so he can't bullshit you, then offer to pay for the repair in all honesty if the bumper can be repaired you are probably looking at less that 3-400 dollars to have the bumper painted and repaired.

DarkDream
05-08-2004, 02:23 PM
But do you guys know of any good body shop places then??

BumpinTalon
05-08-2004, 09:44 PM
Maaco :D it's not your car so what do you care if their work sucks.