PDA

View Full Version : Integra tranny

mjd0147
05-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Yes, i know that this topic has been up numerous times before, but it normally is a broad topic and didnt find anything that helped me really. I have a 95 integra that is auto and i am looking into getting a tranny swap, i've heard that its a pain but for hondas its simpler. Is it worth it? and i would be taking it somewhere and the guy said about $500 for labor and then like $800 for a tranny what else would be needed and how much? and i think there was a clutch included in the tranny

SwitchBlade
05-10-2004, 02:31 AM
Unless you really love your car and have done a sufficient amount of work to it, its not worth it. You do have to remember that you have to make rom for an aditional pedal. I would imagine that you have to fabricate or get some new transmission mounts. Most people on this forum favour buying a new car.

Hopefully you can find your car equipped with a manual transmission for the same price you sell it for and spend the $500-800 on some nice rims or some kind of performance set up.

GTS Jeff
05-11-2004, 07:00 AM
do u realize that u will probably MAKE money by selling your auto and buying a manual?

mjd0147
05-11-2004, 12:54 PM
ya ive decided to sell my car probably, im buying either a gti or jetta i think