PDA

View Full Version : tracing phone calls

autospeed
05-09-2004, 10:23 AM
hey guys someones been calling my house at all hours of the night i have no idea who it is but this is freakin out my family i call the cops and all i get isa long asss list of options and no actual help is there a # i can dial to call back right away or trace the call thru telus? i'm pretty cluless bout this stuff so any whelp would be great.:confused:

autobodygal
05-09-2004, 10:33 AM
I'm not sure about telus but most phone companies have a number you can call that traces the phone number. You don't get that number but it is recorded so you can call the cops and press charges. Most phone companies also have a call return option, like *69 so that if their number is not unlisted or private caller you can call it back. Check the phone book and see what the option you have are. Hope this helps.

xDiMSuMx
05-09-2004, 11:16 AM

roopi
05-09-2004, 12:32 PM
Call Trace

Call Trace is a free service that provides legal evidence of harassing calls to your number. If you receive a harassing call:
Hang up immediately.
Lift the receiver and listen for the dial tone. Press *57 to trace the last call to your line.
If the call was a threat to life, contact the police immediately. If not, the police suggest you trace three calls before contacting them.
Be sure to note the date and time of each harassing call.
Call Trace information is released to the police only. You will not be advised of the caller's number.
Call Trace is effective even when the caller has blocked their name and number.
If you receive nuisance hang-up calls, the police are not in a position to take action.
Call TELUS customer service at 310-2255 for other helpful options like Call Display and Call Screen.

How to order
There is no need to order Call Trace. It is already available free of charge on TELUS lines in most areas.

Cost:
This service is provided free of charge

BebeAphrodite
05-09-2004, 01:47 PM
^^-- I never knew that
does it work on cell phones as well?

Also, I had a similiar situation.. the calls were blocked.. I contacted the police and they didn't tell me about Call Tracing.. basically I had to have I believe 25 calls/week in order to press any chargers.

roopi
05-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
^^-- I never knew that
does it work on cell phones as well?

Also, I had a similiar situation.. the calls were blocked.. I contacted the police and they didn't tell me about Call Tracing.. basically I had to have I believe 25 calls/week in order to press any chargers.

You can't press *57 on a cell phone however if someone calls your home from a blocked cell number *57 will still record the number.

ThE tV 8 mE
05-09-2004, 03:47 PM
so then what's the difference between *69 and *57?

roopi
05-09-2004, 06:18 PM
Well if someone blocks there phone number (*67 I think) and calls you then when you press *69 it doesn't give you the phone number. If you press *57 it still doesn't give you the number but the actual number is recorded on file.

Kobe
05-09-2004, 06:43 PM
MMMM i pranked someone a couple times maybe 5 or 6 in a night, cops called me a week later told me i was prank calling and what not..told me i do it again im going 2 court..I had *67 on, so i dont prank anymore :)

Ben
05-10-2004, 08:06 PM
so much misinformation in this thread. Pick up your white pages and read the gossy front pages.

*67, Blocks your name and number from being sent on the next call.

*69 tells you the last number that called your line, unless it was unknown, blocked, or private.

*57 is only used if you wish to persue legal matters wth the caller. This logs the phone number with Telus Security which works in part with the local law enforcement to keep track of the number and monitor for future harrasment. This is used in cases like death threats/threats of bodily harm, or obscene calls. You still dont get the number after calling it.

A usefull feature would be *60 (call Screen), blocks up to 12 numbers from calling your home if you know the number. (this requires a monthly subscription fee)

*yes I work for TELUS*

Ben
05-10-2004, 08:10 PM
Oh and BTW, if you ever find out the number of who is calling you, I can make llife for them very bad ;)

turbo_equiped
05-10-2004, 08:19 PM
ahhh fucking blank calls man..!!
i am tired of those..
thanks to Roopi...for all the info.
u da man!!:thumbsup:

portuguese
09-26-2004, 03:48 AM
i am using rogers cell phone i keep getting calls at all hours of the nite with music and stuff but sometimes it shows private or a blocked numver u guys know any way i can find out the number with out getting rogers in the case because i know they wont give me the number of the person

tracy01
10-14-2009, 12:04 PM
did u try *59 ?!!
i used to have a stalker too and he actually got on my nerves.he spread my number among his friends n told them to annoy me.i used to get calls n msgs all day long.but i soon met him the other way around.hehe
thank God the nightmare is over!! :)

Mar
10-14-2009, 12:37 PM
When I worked at Telus and someone called me from a private number or used *67 I would just log into the server and look at the number directly. All the reps have access to it but under no circumstances will they ever give it to you. The correct procedure is to file a police report and when the cops call Telus to deal with it, they'll release the number to the police. The cops call the guy, bam, it's over.

If it's a fax machine there's a difference service for that.