PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

Kobe
05-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Alright, i want to buy a new 95' integra but im only 16 years old, and im getting quoted crazy high.. (not surprised) But i heard the insurance rates in alberta are suppose 2 go down really soon, anyone know how much i would be payin.. I took drivers Ed, No accidents, no tickets.. Im 17 in a month, got my licence right when i turned 16..

I saw a site about it before that age wont matter anymore, it will only be record and car type.. Anyone know a set date? :)

Thanks in advance.

cujo_cjc
05-09-2004, 06:58 PM
i was pretty much in the same boat and this is what i found out

my dad actually talked to some one from the government about it and this is what he was told

all the proposed rates and stuff will be set in june/july and then the gov't will give insurance companies time to implement them into their system and the very EARLIEST the price change occurs is in sept/oct...at the earliest...
and the proposed rate that is going around is a max of $1800/year for plpd and it is discounted from there based on driving experience etc.
insurance comapnies however are free to charge w/e they want for the collision part of ur insurance
:nut:

Kobe
05-09-2004, 07:40 PM
OMG SEPT...oct

haha i cant wait that long...i'll probobly end up savin enough money for a newer, nicer car :)

pinoyhero
05-09-2004, 08:32 PM
I heard that most rates wont come down that much for higher risk drivers.

Kobe
05-09-2004, 09:06 PM
"higher risk drivers" as in Age?

Suppose 2 be that age is not a factor anymore.. its just type of car and accident record..

$1800 would be amazing :bigpimp:

Jynx
05-09-2004, 10:39 PM
yea im in the same boat as u cept ive already been insured for a year paying 8700... i hope mine go down about 2-3gz this year...

Kobe
05-09-2004, 11:17 PM
haha ya i'v been getting quoted like 8000 a year for cars...so im waiting.. :(

Xpnsve
05-10-2004, 08:44 AM
If you want to do something about high insurance, go to www.apaip.com, print off some petition pages, get them signed and mail them back.

Otherwise, bend over rover. :burnout:

QuasarCav
05-10-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Xpnsve
If you want to do something about high insurance, go to www.apaip.com, print off some petition pages, get them signed and mail them back.

Otherwise, bend over rover. :burnout:

yep, pretty much what you are going to have to do.

No matter what you drive at your age you are going to get spanked.

So go out and buy a 4 door yellow festiva with a 3 cylinder engine and have fun, you'll be driving it until your 25;)

sputnik
05-10-2004, 10:47 AM
Drive a beater until you are 25 and dont waste your money on a car that will cost you a fortune to insure.

Heres a thought. Drive something that costs $4000/yr (or less) to insure and save the other $4000 for the next 9 years. When you are 25 you should have a decent downpayment on a house.