PDA

View Full Version : Photographers...

RC-Cola
05-10-2004, 10:28 PM
I saw this on the weekend and thought of some of you who kick ass at photography might want to toss your name into the hat. You never know...

I thought it would be cool to have a Beyonder on staff at the Herald. :thumbsup:

ThE tV 8 mE
05-10-2004, 10:30 PM
sorry..link doesn't work unless your a member

You do not have the proper privileges to access this portion of careerclick.com. If you are a recruiter, please contact your sales representative for additional services.

RC-Cola
05-10-2004, 10:32 PM
I saw that after, sorry about that. I cut and pasted the ad instead...

Ben
05-10-2004, 10:46 PM
As much as I would love to, I dont meet the "Numerical requirements" for experience and shit. Appreciate the heads up though! I have a FT job anyways, and am content with my current side photo business. :drool: :poosie: :thumbsup:

Davetronz
05-10-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Ben
As much as I would love to, I dont meet the "Numerical requirements" for experience and shit. Appreciate the heads up though! I have a FT job anyways, and am content with my current side photo business. :drool: :poosie: :thumbsup:
Numbers mean nothing Ben, send them a few prints of yours in an envelope... And then ask them if they can tell how long you have been doing photography for ;)

RC-Cola
05-11-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Ben

I'm in the same vote in that I don't have enough experience. Plus I already have a great full time job in a field that I really enjoy.

I am starting to get a little bit of work on the side through word of mouth. I had my first photograph published in an ad in the Herald this past weekend. :thumbsup:

And I even got paid for it....

Ben
05-11-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by RC-Cola

I'm in the same vote in that I don't have enough experience. Plus I already have a great full time job in a field that I really enjoy.

I am starting to get a little bit of work on the side through word of mouth. I had my first photograph published in an ad in the Herald this past weekend. :thumbsup:

And I even got paid for it....

Thats exactly it, I have a good job right now, which is flexible for my lifestyle. I do a lot of photo stuff on the side, and thats all I'm happy with. If this was a few months ago I'd be all over it, however, I'm not llooking to drop my current job for that if I were to be offered it (which I wouldn't anyways)

I have over 10 years of photo experience, however I've only been getting paid/professionally acknoledged for my work in the last 12-18 months.

Melinda
05-11-2004, 10:59 AM
Haha I could put a check beside every one of those little bullets but I have zero desire to work in the newspaper industry. I'm not all about the ambulance chasing and what not that news photojournalists have to do on a daily basis. Magazine and freelance is what I love to do :thumbsup: Thanks for the awesome heads up though, I'll pass this onto some school collegues of mine :)