PDA

View Full Version : People with ING of Kingsway Auto Insurance

Mckenzie
05-11-2004, 10:49 AM
Please post your expereinces with these companies.

I just got word that I can recieve a huge insurance reduction because I work with the City of Calgary (and I am a member of the Cupe Local 37 Union).

It will translate into a difference of almost $160/month for me.

I am not sure which company insures me but I have been told that it is with either ING or Kingsway. I have heard that kingsway is pretty attrocious with their claims service so that is why I am wondering what the deal is with these two companies.

Any comments are much appreciated.:)

Gonthro
05-11-2004, 10:53 AM
Kingsway is a joke, i ahve had to deal with them, they screwed me big time.

1badPT
05-11-2004, 10:56 AM
Kingsway is a substandard risk insurer. That means most of the people they have policies with have less than perfect driving records, and often times Kingsway is the only alternative to buying insurance from the high risk market (IE ridiculously high rates). There are rumours about their claims service but I've never heard a first-hand account of someone receiving poor service - its always been "a friend of mine told me they are tough to get claims settled with".

ING is a Dutch investment company and they buy up tons of different financial institutions including insurance companies. There isn't an ING insurance company persé but there are companies that are under ownership of ING (ING Halifax, ING Economical Insurance Company, ING Belair and so on).

xkon
05-11-2004, 11:18 AM
i was on kingsway, now im on ING... dont like either of them

phat97yukon
05-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Kingsway was good when i drove a 4 door oldsmobile.... but as sooon as i got my supra and tryed to flip my stuff over to that , they said nope... they wouldnt insure anything like my supra, mustangs, camaro's , monte carlo .. pretty much anything that is knowen as a sweeet car 4 page list worth.. doesnt matter if you were a granny thats is 70 years old and driveing a 4 bannger camaro....

Right now im with ING, threw tool peet , and ive had no problems at all with them, but stay away from State farm... ive been screwed around by them , and i know alot of other ppl that have been too....

Mckenzie
05-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Hmmm....are their policies similar to other policies or do they have stupid claim rules and stipulations?

Thanks guys. :)

Plasma69
05-14-2004, 12:27 AM
ING rocks for me!.... have done great work and rates for me for many years now.