PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of MotorcycleDynamics.ca?

djstefan
05-11-2004, 01:20 PM
I kept on forgetting to ask about this. The Gixxer 1000 that I just got which I don't know the history of, has on both sides a sticker advertising www.motorcycledynamics.ca

Seems that they were doing Dyno testing and such. I am still trying to find out about the aftermarket parts on the bike which I am 99% sure now that was used as a racing bike. Since the muffler is missing, I don't want to put a stock muffler and blow the engine in the case that the cams were changed and such.

I would run it on a dyno, but the muffler is missing so it wont do any good. I might have a surprise of pushing a good 200+ HP out of it, who knows!?!

Also, I have stickers on the front lower part of the fork from race city, red and orange that say TechEd. What's a tech ed at Race City?

Anyone has heard of Morcycle dynamics or could tell me about them? I tried the phone # from the stickers too and it is ringing to some flooring company.

Any help would be appreciated!

thanks,
Stefan

rage2
05-11-2004, 01:41 PM
The TECHED sticker means it passed Tech at race city for secret street.

bol
05-11-2004, 02:18 PM
Be serious man. A stock muffler isn't going to blow an engine up if it's been modded(chances are it just had a slipon anyways.) I can almost garuntee you that the bike is 100% stock except for maybe bolt ons. Race bikes usually don't have much done to them anyways. Does it have a power commander(or evidence of having one)? If not, it's almost definitly stock unless the owner was an idiot.

Motorcycle Dynamics closed down.

Go on over to http://www.groundpilots.com/forums

There are a lot of Suzuki owners there who could tell you more about your bike.

groundpilot
05-11-2004, 02:30 PM
Good call BOL...

Dynamics has closed...

I know that bike was not a road course race bike, the previous owner (I'm pretty sure but not 100% I know the bike) has a race bike... That sticker would be for Secret Street...

A stock exhaust will be fine on the bike...

200+ HP... I doubt it... even a highly modded 2001 Gixxer 1k wont make a whole lot more than 150 HP (like that isn't enough)...

djstefan
05-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Someone I know who has been riding bikes for over 20 years told me that a stock muffler can blow the pistons in time if the cams have been changed. I was a bit surprised too! :dunno: :nut:

I am not sure how much of an "idiot" the owner was since I haven't been able to find him yet. I was hoping to catch him on one of these forums, or someone that knows him since he spent in the last 2 years over 28 km racing and riding it around Calgary. No luck yet though.

I am not sure what a power commander is. (that might just make me sound stupid). On the right side of the handle bar where the turn on switch is and the start-up wires come out, 2 green ones are cut. I am guessing that might have just been a kill switch or something. :dunno:

I will be taking the pannels off down to the frame this week-end and see what lies beneath them.

It might be just like you said, the bike is probably stock. I just don't know why he was so proud to put the Dyno stickers on it. I mean, stock we all know it pushes out 160, so why Dyno it!? :dunno:

I did sign up to ground pilots this morning as I found someone there who has the mirrors that might fit.

Thanks for the help,
Stefan

djstefan
05-11-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by groundpilot
Good call BOL...

Dynamics has closed...

I know that bike was not a road course race bike, the previous owner (I'm pretty sure but not 100% I know the bike) has a race bike... That sticker would be for Secret Street...

A stock exhaust will be fine on the bike...

200+ HP... I doubt it... even a highly modded 2001 Gixxer 1k wont make a whole lot more than 150 HP (like that isn't enough)...

I was just writing a reply while you posted this.

You are right, I think that anything over 90HP is more than enough! I would have been happy even with 70-80 to start. :D

You can see how vague my knowledge is in bike mechanics, but I am not ashamed to admit it. Took me a couple of year to learn my cars too when I was 16-18 and started in those. Bikes are a new thing to me since I got bored of cars. No matter what you do to cars, the ratio of power/weight is just too tough to beat.

Here, me and the bike will be only 520lbs all together running on 100+ HP. I am hoping to make it this year (towards the end) to race city too. I will see how fast I will be able to learn to control it.

Thanks again,
Stefan

Bowen
05-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Let me guess, you bought this bike from regal auctions for $4650 right??

djstefan
05-12-2004, 02:20 PM
Yes, actually, I had just posted that 8 threads down.

look for the thread called : "Got a GSXR-1000 today at regal auctions"

Why are you asking? Were you there?

Bowen
05-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Oh, I didn't see the other thread.

Yea, I went there the day before to check it out, it looked very beat up and the guy who told us about it said the bank was looking for around $3500-$4000 for it. It just didn't seem like that good of a deal, considering it looked as though it needed new fairings and some other things. However if you can paint it cheap it should be a good ride.

BTW - You should get the frame checked out because if it is bent the bike will not ride straight and this is a big problem.

Congrats on your purchase and ride safe.

djstefan
05-12-2004, 05:09 PM
Thanks, yes, it is a bit beat up. But I was actually looking on a somewhat new bike that was beat up but with only scratched fairings and not cracked.

My father used to airbrush bikes and sanding down the fairings will not take more than a couple of days. So I am covered on the paint part.

I found most of the other missing parts on e-bay though for prices of nothing. So that is not a problem either.

I am a bit worried about the frame too, but it doesn't seem bad. I will only be able to tell when riding it though.

The cut wires are on the right side and the light switch is on the left, so I just think he had a kill switch and the repo guys took that off.

This is a project that will take some time, but I was on a tight budget and it's the best I could go for. :dunno: