PDA

View Full Version : FS: 87 Merkur XR4TI

VTEXTC
05-11-2004, 03:20 PM
Hey folks,

I have for sale a black 1987 XR4TI in Calgary AB for sale. Purchased from another member, I realize now that I am in trouble with the wife, and am not allowed to have four vehicles! See here for more info from the original vendor:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42683&highlight=merkur

The car is black with the late spec grey cloth interior. It shows 80,000 miles on the odo, and I believe it was a US spec car.

The car runs well and sports a 2.3L Turbo 4 cyl. The turbo spools very well and capably makes 18PSI. While the shift lever of the T9 is a little notchy, it shifts very well and has no whining/grinding from the transmission. Dash is of course cracked, but the seats are still in remarkable shape with no split seams or tears.

Car would work well as a running parts car, but may also serve as a good project to someone. It needs a new hood, and new control arms/bushings. I think it was in a collision at some point, but is driveable. Starts first time, every time.

Entertaining offers in the region of $650 CAD.

Cheers
Asif

TheXplosion
05-11-2004, 04:37 PM
any pic of it now?

Boosted_TL
05-11-2004, 04:39 PM
I went and looked at that car when Billet owned it and its actually a nice looking car, its got the nice XR4TI wheels and all that needs is the front end work. Damn good deal for what this guy is asking... There are a few XR4TI guys around Calgary that could hook you up with the parts, or the whereabouts .

Bump for a sick deal :bigpimp:

Weapon_R
05-11-2004, 05:04 PM
What kind of parts does it need to fix the front end damage?

VTEXTC
05-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Boosted,

Cheers for the bump! I have two Merks, in addition to two other vehicles. My wife has her own, and essentially, I've been "told" in no uncertain terms that I'm not allowed to have 5 vehicles ;)

In any event, the vehicle will likely need new control arms ($150 USD for the pair), and likely some tie rod ends ($30 CAD) while you're at it. A new hood is likely not a bad idea either, and I know of a few good used ones available here in town. That would be the first place to start.

Like I said, I'm a Merkur nut and can put you in touch with parts supplies and what not. I've tried to be as honest as possible in my description here.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers
Asif

hjr
05-11-2004, 10:14 PM
you said possibly an accident, is it possible there is any sub-frame damage? what makes the car undesirable to drive? (nasty caster or toe?)

VTEXTC
05-12-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by hjr
(nasty caster or toe?)

The former.

Asif