PDA

View Full Version : First aid course

SwitchBlade
05-12-2004, 05:55 PM
Hey has anyone taken a good first aid course in the last few months if so where how much and did it help?

Note to mods, i dunno if this is in the right forum feel free to move it

Gonthro
05-12-2004, 05:57 PM
try to get an emp course, its nationally recognised and is much better than your standard first aid course

Strider
05-12-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by SwitchBlade
Hey has anyone taken a good first aid course in the last few months if so where how much and did it help?

Note to mods, i dunno if this is in the right forum feel free to move it

I took a course at St. John's ambulance not too long ago... i would highly recommend it.

dj_rice
05-12-2004, 10:07 PM
Whats funny was, I took PCK at SAIT which is Professional Cooking and we had to take First Aid as a requirement to pass, and if it helpt?Hmmm to me not really but I didnt pay attention much, but I'm sure u can take it as a course in the SAIT building

happygirl
05-28-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Strider

I took a course at St. John's ambulance not too long ago... i would highly recommend it.

same here. i took the course a couple weeks ago, but i wouldn't feel too confident giving cpr if someone's life depended on it! uh, i know cpr, just let me consult my manual...

Delta
09-11-2004, 10:46 PM
I took "Standard First Aid and CPR Level C" at Foothills pool. It was ok, the instructor was good and i met some cool people there. It was a little long though cuz i did the fast course.