PDA

View Full Version : Need Your Guy's Help (Girls too, lol)

eckostyle
05-12-2004, 06:08 PM
ok, heres the deal. i want to buy a car. the problem is i dont know what to get. the price has to be under $14000, and it has to be automatic (unfortunately). As well the car should be newer than 1997. any help with this would be awesome!

thanks in advance

*note: certain cars, as long as the km's are low, can be as old as '95

Idratherbsidewayz
05-12-2004, 06:21 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/images/top_search.gif

Here's a crazy button, why don't you use it and stop bein a lazy ass...

Weapon_R
05-12-2004, 06:38 PM
I really love my friends Subaru 2.5RS. It's not bad in the power area, and its got AWD and decent styling. Take one for a test drive.

JordanLotoski
05-12-2004, 06:42 PM
www.canadatrader.com

eckostyle
05-12-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
http://forums.beyond.ca/images/top_search.gif

Here's a crazy button, why don't you use it and stop bein a lazy ass...

hmm, if i dont know what car i should get, what the heck am i supposed to search for? thanks for comin out!

thanks for the insight weapon_r! seeing as this would be my first car, would that subaru be suitable (gas mileage, safety, reliability)?

Idratherbsidewayz
05-12-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by eckostyle

hmm, if i dont know what car i should get, what the heck am i supposed to search for? thanks for comin out!

Do some goddamn research. What do you want? Front wheel drive, rear wheel drive, sedan, coupe, hatchback, japanese, german, american?

You have to figure these things out first. And to find out the advantages to each of these choices, use the search button...

Fuck, it just pisses me off that every goddamn Newbie comes on and asks for beyond to find them a car...

eckostyle
05-12-2004, 07:26 PM
you sir, are an aggrivated indivual. but thanks for lettin me know that i should give more info!:)

ok, so it doesnt matter if its a coupe or sedan. preferrably the car should be japanese (i hear hyundai quality is getting better?).

as well, all wheel drive or front wheel drive should be nice, as i am comfortable driving those types of cars.

cars i am looking at right now: honda civic (2000+), hyundai elantra gt (2002), hyundai tiburon (1998), acura integra (1997+).
*all these cars are completely stock, with the exception of some of them having spoilers

ive done my research and im still at a crossroads (shoulda given me the benefit of the doubt, sideways). im leaning more towards a honda civic considering gas mileage. what do you all think?

That.Guy.S30
05-12-2004, 07:26 PM

Do some goddamn research. What do you want? Front wheel drive, rear wheel drive, sedan, coupe, hatchback, japanese, german, american?

You have to figure these things out first. And to find out the advantages to each of these choices, use the search button...

Fuck, it just pisses me off that every goddamn Newbie comes on and asks for beyond to find them a car...

o cmon man give him a break. i also came on beyond a year back asking for advice on a car. hes asking for opinions and possible options.
and on what weapon_r has said the subaru's are fairly dependable but you got to watch out for the 98 rs which have gasket problems. i have a impreza and i love it. check out some dms too. awd is nice becuase we have fucked up weatehr. gl

That.Guy.S30
05-12-2004, 07:28 PM
lol personally i wouldnt go near hyundai or kai (which is the same shit) they have a great warrenty becuase the cars need it. i had a firend who had a kai which broke down and the laoner he got which was also a kai and also broke down with the same problem.

stick with the hondas if you dont want problems

Strider
05-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by eckostyle

thanks for the insight weapon_r! seeing as this would be my first car, would that subaru be suitable (gas mileage, safety, reliability)?

Instead of asking everybody what car you should get, you may want to step back and consider what you want in a car, or find a few cars you like, then you can ask members what cars fit the criteria or are comparable to models you are considering.

A few quick questions... are you looking for something sporty, luxurious? 2 door, 4 door? fwd, rwd, awd? car, SUV? do you need something with a trunk?
what's more important, performance or fuel economy?

eckostyle
05-12-2004, 07:31 PM
ok i edited my previous post with this info. preformance doesnt have to be that great ... but preferrably nothing under 110hp, and nothing over 210hp. as for luxurious or sporty .... it really doesnt matter to me. fuel economy must be half decent.

hjr
05-12-2004, 07:39 PM
just get a civic and get it over with. you should be pretty happy with the car.

Seanith
05-12-2004, 07:41 PM
lol you are so broad. just get a civic and call it a day. it fits your criteria :)

Idratherbsidewayz
05-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
awd is nice becuase we have fucked up weatehr. gl

AWD is probably nice but unless you are a complete driving failure its not necessary. FWD is probably your best option (less things to break)...

The integra and civic are probably your best choices, but do not buy a modified one. Its probably been bagged on...

eckostyle
05-12-2004, 08:20 PM

AWD is probably nice but unless you are a complete driving failure its not necessary. FWD is probably your best option (less things to break)...

The integra and civic are probably your best choices, but do not buy a modified one. Its probably been bagged on...

awesome! yea im not going to buy a modded car ... its most probably going to be stock. im leaning more towards the integra.
i guess the question i should be asking is: if you were given this criteria, what car would you buy?? all i need is the car, ill do the research and then limit down my vehicle choices. if you guys could do that, that would be great.

thanks for everyones help so far.

Idratherbsidewayz
05-12-2004, 08:26 PM
Well I would buy the Integra, but since you have that much money you can probably get one that has close to or less than 100,000kms.

Personally, if I had $14,000 for a car, I would buy a 97+ Nissan Maxima. Has enough power, the functionality of a 4 door, aftermarket potential, looks good, and isn't something you see every day...

My parent's have owned one for 7 years, has had minor problems, all small and none engine related. Of course we maintain our cars but still. Before my fuel management I only pulled on the maxima a bit with my 240...

Search on here: http://en.carpoint.msn.ca/plinks/?path=UCM&src=Home&pos=Buy2

You'll find something you like...

dugrant153
05-12-2004, 09:48 PM
a good way to go car shopping is to play Gran Turismo 3 :)

I'm personally looking at the Mazda 3, the Lancer Ralliart, and possibly the Subaru Impreza. I chose these cars because they're exciting, yet they don't cost a lot.

At your budget, you might want to consider a Mazda 3, though. I test drove that car and even at 148hp (for the base model), you get a fun fun ride :)