PDA

View Full Version : maxim's cars of the year 2003

infamous
10-16-2002, 05:35 PM
i can't believe it...just picked up the new maxim the other day, and it has shit! it pisses me off that they would try to even start to compare auto's....this is what they came up with:

car of the year: chrysler crossfire
suepercar of the year: maserati coupe
speed demon of the year: mazdaspeed protege
monster truck of the year: hummer h2
adrenaline rush of the year: svt cobra
trophy car of the year: jaguar s-type R
multitasker of the year: subaru forester 2.5x
import of the year: nissan 350 z
road trip car of the year: honda element
and hot rod of the year: chevrolet ssr

they also have the "maxim's all star garage" but i won't go into that...i don't like half the choices, and i think that there are a lot better cars...what do you guys think?

edit: the drivers are elliott sadler, driver of a nascar winston cup taurus, and kylie bax, supermodel.....

5.9 R/T
10-16-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by infamous

edit: the drivers are elliott sadler, driver of a nascar winston cup taurus, and kylie bax, supermodel.....

What the hell is maxim thinking getting some stupid NASCRAP driver to evaluate their cars? They must be on crack to let some moron who just goes around and around in circles to test cars. No wonder it's such a crappy list, they got some domestic driving retard doing the testing. etc etc etc.... :rolleyes:

MistaBrent
10-16-2002, 05:56 PM
adrenaline rush of the year.

mustang cobra , haha what a joke

390 horse.

I think theres a lot more faster cars then that .

i think there editors need to research cars a little better

GT2NV
10-16-2002, 06:24 PM
yeah i got that issue, i looked at the cars..... and just -->:rofl: :rofl:

turboMiata
10-16-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

What the hell is maxim thinking getting some stupid NASCRAP driver to evaluate their cars?

I have nothing against NASCAR but I sure enjoy watching tiff needell of Top Gear beating the shit out of cars while reviewing!!!

three.eighteen.
10-16-2002, 06:46 PM
the car of the year isnt even a production car (is it?)...what the shit?

max_boost
10-16-2002, 07:14 PM

What the hell is maxim thinking getting some stupid NASCRAP driver to evaluate their cars? They must be on crack to let some moron who just goes around and around in circles to test cars. No wonder it's such a crappy list, they got some domestic driving retard doing the testing. etc etc etc.... :rolleyes:

Your not reading MAXIM for their list of cars are you?:rofl:

importbabe
10-16-2002, 07:28 PM
i'm a girl and i actually like to read Maxim!!!!!!!! I didn't know that some guys have to work so hard to a MAN. All I have to say is be real, and thats all that matters!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

infamous
10-16-2002, 07:35 PM
well to be honest, i don't read maxim just for their list of cars, but i wanted to know if i was right in thinking that they don't know a f%#king thing....here is my version of how it should have been:

car of the year: nissan maxima
suepercar of the year: Mercedes SL55 amg
speed demon of the year: ford focus svt
monster truck of the year: lincoln navigator
adrenaline rush of the year: nissan 350 z
trophy car of the year: jaguar s-type R
multitasker of the year: cadillac escalade ext
import of the year: nissan skyline r34 gt-r
road trip car of the year: mercedes s 600
and hot rod of the year: chevrolet ssr

5.9 R/T
10-16-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Your not reading MAXIM for their list of cars are you?:rofl:

Actually I was being very very very sarcastic. Someone was going to say something so I figured I would say something first.

finboy
10-16-2002, 10:17 PM
maxim are blind when it comes to cars. they always pick crap.

szw
10-16-2002, 10:24 PM
Import of the year, I think they meant imported to america...not skylines in japan.

Nissan maxima as car of the year....mehh...depends on your criteria. They are pretty cool though, I don't like the look of them much.

Escalades are pimp, but multitasker? Kinda big for that. Unless multitasking is picking up the kids with the groceries in the back on chromed out 24's...hehe

finboy
10-16-2002, 10:28 PM
multitasker of the year? AVALANCHE

damn that thing is sweet

ninjak84
10-17-2002, 01:39 AM
everyone has their own list, but i think the original wasnt too bad.

5.9R/T: you sir, need to lighten up on domestics. i mean, you drive one for gods sake

5.9 R/T
10-17-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by ninjak84
everyone has their own list, but i think the original wasnt too bad.

5.9R/T: you sir, need to lighten up on domestics. i mean, you drive one for gods sake

Uh-huh...

Actually I was being very very very sarcastic. Someone was going to say something so I figured I would say something first.

boi-alien
10-17-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by turboMiata

I have nothing against NASCAR but I sure enjoy watching tiff needell of Top Gear beating the shit out of cars while reviewing!!!

:werd:

300rwhp
10-17-2002, 12:17 PM
Many people consider Nascar to be the hardest form of racing

think about f1 the extreme have way bigger tires bigger brakes and way more powerful engines and they go at max in a track race 200 and few mile an hour nascar racers don't get way ahead on the pack and not have to deal with traffic. Personally i would rather watch f1 but nascar for drivers is much harder.

300rwhp
10-17-2002, 12:20 PM
and by the way many people come from cart to nascar the reason f1 doesnt feed drivers to nascar is cause they pay so much more. For that matter cart is also better than nascar cuz they have to do almost as well as an f1 car with one 20th the budget.

F1 budget 200+million a season
Cart Budget 10 million a season

haven't you guys seen Days of Thunder
jeeez

Hakkola
10-17-2002, 12:32 PM
The Avalanche and Escalade EXT in my opinion are disgusting. The ext is a good way to ruin a beautiful Escalade.

Import Babe how old are you?? I'm trying to figure out if you're a friend of a friend, what colour is your slk?

SmelltheRubber
10-17-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by MistaBrent
adrenaline rush of the year.

mustang cobra , haha what a joke
390 horse.
I think theres a lot more faster cars then that .
i think there editors need to research cars a little better

Umm..no way. I think the Cobra is a perfect choice for the adrenaline category! For 2003, it is one fucking fast car. Of course there are faster cars than it, but then you start to reach into supercar territory....
0-60 of 4.5 sec (same as a modena), and it handles great too. Thats good enough for me.